Rahm and Hatton at Risk to be at Ryder Cup

I am pretty sure the Presidents Cup is a PGA Tour run event. While I disagree I do understand why players who are members of a competitive tour are not on Presidents Cup teams.

In the US the Ryder Cup team has no affiliation to the PGA Tour. That is why Brooks was on the team. In Europe the Ryder Cup team is run by the DP Tour. Some of the players resigned their Euro Tour membership or are under suspension (I think for not paying fines). I believe there are some LIV Players who still have good standing with the Euro Tour. That would enable those players to be on the Ryder Cup team. I have no idea what Rahm’s status is.

The rules state you have to be a member of the European Tour. Westy, Poults etc etc resigned from the Duropean Tour due to the fines that were threatened with for playing on the LIV tour if I remember correctly, which is why they became ineligible. No idea if Rahm and Hatton had to resign from the tour. It’s got to the point though that the rules defintely need changing if the Ryder Cup is to remain relevant.
I believe they had to pay the fines regardless if they stayed on DPWT or not. It was more a civil issue.

Some players may have resigned out of principle but still had to pay the fine.

I type this while watching Paul Casey in his Crushers apparel playing the DPWT this weekend.

This whole debacle was so avoidable.

Mike Weir already said no LIV golfers will be on the PC team. The internationals struggle as it is, and having players like Smith and Neiman off the team will only make it more difficult for the internationals to win. In addition, the golf fan gets screwed as he is not seeing all the best players. I usually love to watch these kinds of competitions, but if it's going to be a real beat down I may take a pass.

Right it's why i mentioned the PC. Some people here think it's so Weir can make sure Connors, Hadwin and Taylor all make it and maybe even others. There's like 5 Canadians in the top 80 right now. Mckenzie Hughes also etc.

We're stacking the team baby!

The US team should just send AMs like you used to do in the olympics.

I am pretty sure the Presidents Cup is a PGA Tour run event. While I disagree I do understand why players who are members of a competitive tour are not on Presidents Cup teams.

In the US the Ryder Cup team has no affiliation to the PGA Tour. That is why Brooks was on the team. In Europe the Ryder Cup team is run by the DP Tour. Some of the players resigned their Euro Tour membership or are under suspension (I think for not paying fines). I believe there are some LIV Players who still have good standing with the Euro Tour. That would enable those players to be on the Ryder Cup team. I have no idea what Rahm’s status is.

It is PGA tour run (the PC) --but i suppose if they are in open negos, maybe allowing the LIV guys is also not a stretch

Will be interesting if a deal is done by then.

Will be super interesting if there's like 5 Canadians on the team and Weir is approved to take LIV guys. Gonna be riots here haha

It is PGA tour run (the PC) --but i suppose if they are in open negos, maybe allowing the LIV guys is also not a stretch

Will be interesting if a deal is done by then.

Will be super interesting if there's like 5 Canadians on the team and Weir is approved to take LIV guys. Gonna be riots here haha

There are probably at least 3 Canadians that deserve to be on the team aren't there?

There are probably at least 3 Canadians that deserve to be on the team aren't there?

Taylor is top 25 in the world....the other 2 (Connors and Hadwin) could certainly make it but i don't think it's a gurantee

Has anyone else read that Rahm and Hatton were at risk?
It appears the need to make 4 DP World appearances before the end of the season to be eligible for the team. The current schedule may be too tight to get those appearances.

Edit: I need to be a better editor (spelling in title)
only if their side is as dumb as ours.

I would think by 2025 this should be figure out, if not they can dry their tears on the money they got from PIF. And it would basically guarantee the US wins but gives Europe an out on it being a road game (in an event where home field really matters) without 2 of their 5 best players. Then sets up 2027 at Adair as the first ryder cup with both teams at "full" strength.

And by that point it may be an every other year event that is played on a neutral field in the Kingdom....

played on a neutral field in the Kingdom....

Quickest way to kill it.

Back