Rahm and Hatton at Risk to be at Ryder Cup

Scribble

More balls to hit…
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Vanity 20
Has anyone else read that Rahm and Hatton were at risk?
It appears the need to make 4 DP World appearances before the end of the season to be eligible for the team. The current schedule may be too tight to get those appearances.

Edit: I need to be a better editor (spelling in title)

Pretty sure they are already DQ'd for joining LIV, unless they changed their rules.

I would imagine both play the Scottish Open and the Open so they would only need to sneak in 2 more. Shouldn't be to incredibly hard.

Pretty sure they are already DQ'd for joining LIV, unless they changed their rules.
Which would be bold because that’s the whole reason they had a captain switch

I gotta think for those two, the rules will be broken.

Comical if Rahm is left off the team.

I gotta think for those two, the rules will be broken.
Wasn't for Sergio or Poulter or Westy. But nothing surprises me anymore

The rules will change before the next Ryder Cup.. I think golf will change again massively before the end of this year.

Alot of British press on the subject.

Rahm though- moves the needle a bit more than those three, at least in my mind- but... I could be very wrong.

those guys were not at risk of actually making the team. lol. And the 3 of them combined do not equal Rahm..

those guys were not at risk of actually making the team. lol. And the 3 of them combined do not equal Rahm..
Maybe not but Poulter was the equivalent of the JT pick for us last year. Heart and soul regardless of play for years. I'm not saying it doesn't happen I'm just stating facts

Maybe not but Poulter was the equivalent of the JT pick for us last year. Heart and soul regardless of play for years. I'm not saying it doesn't happen I'm just stating facts
I don't really like Ian. But, he should be a captain one year. I think he would actually do a pretty good job.

I don't really like Ian. But, he should be a captain one year. I think he would actually do a pretty good job.

Full Swing season 1 changed a lot of perspective about him, IMO.

The rules state you have to be a member of the European Tour. Westy, Poults etc etc resigned from the Duropean Tour due to the fines that were threatened with for playing on the LIV tour if I remember correctly, which is why they became ineligible. No idea if Rahm and Hatton had to resign from the tour. It’s got to the point though that the rules defintely need changing if the Ryder Cup is to remain relevant.

I have a hunch we see Rahm on the team.

If you count the four majors, which Rahm will be in no problem for at least the next two Ryder Cups, you’ll have the Scottish Open (assuming he gets in)

So that’s 5… What else does he need? Cause the majors count do they not? They’re consanctioned and all that

Since talk of a merger and the way in which Monahan threw the PGA players who stayed, including Rahm and Hatton under the bus, something will change before the next Ryder Cup. I suspect that either they will be all in all events, or the split will return.

This thread is just another example of how the tours are busy making themselves absolutely irrelevant.
Lets have contests of the best golfers in the world.
Well some of them anyhow.....

The rules will change before the next Ryder Cup.. I think golf will change again massively before the end of this year.

I agree with this, as others have also said this event risks becoming irrelevant. The "tour war" stuff just comes off as silly now anyway when it's open knowledge they are trying to merge and even Rory has taken his foot off the LIV sucks gas.

You can't not have Rahm.

Wait until we get a presidents cup with no Cam Smith, Joaquim Neimann etc....The PC already sucks. At the rate the internationals are going to LIV i might actually qualify for the team

I agree with this, as others have also said this event risks becoming irrelevant. The "tour war" stuff just comes off as silly now anyway when it's open knowledge they are trying to merge and even Rory has taken his foot off the LIV sucks gas.

You can't not have Rahm.

Wait until we get a presidents cup with no Cam Smith, Joaquim Neimann etc....The PC already sucks. At the rate the internationals are going to LIV i might actually qualify for the team
Mike Weir already said no LIV golfers will be on the PC team. The internationals struggle as it is, and having players like Smith and Neiman off the team will only make it more difficult for the internationals to win. In addition, the golf fan gets screwed as he is not seeing all the best players. I usually love to watch these kinds of competitions, but if it's going to be a real beat down I may take a pass.

Back