Rank these activities by how much of a sport they are.

See, I disagree with this. The brightest minds throughout human history weren't known for being athletes.
I guess athletic might have been the wrong word. Rather "in shape and eating healthy" is better.

What on earth is 'cornhole' - I could google it, but am actually a bit scared to do so ...

Requre phical skill and hand eye coordination that is fundamental in any sport
golf
motorsports (F1, nascar, etc)
horse racing
bull fighting
Require a lot of skills to be really good at but not really much hand eye coordination or physical ability to do. If youre really good, its fun and great but if you really suck it really doesnt make much of a difference as its a leisure activity anyways.
pool
cornhole
bowling
fishing

Last edited:
What on earth is 'cornhole' - I could google it, but am actually a bit scared to do so ...
Corntoss%20Tournament%202016.JPG

512x512bb.jpg

golf
horse racing
fishing
bull fighting
bowling
----
cornhole
pool
poker
eSports

Anything below the barrier I consider a game more than a sport.

IMO;

golf
motorsports
horse racing
pool
bowling
fishing
poker
---------------
esports
cornhole
bull fighting

above the line also shown on sports networks

IMO;

golf
motorsports
horse racing
pool
bowling
fishing
poker
---------------
esports
cornhole
bull fighting

above the line also shown on sports networks

cornhole and eSports are both regularly on ESPN.

Stunned, literally stunned, that I have never heard of this sport before - it has its own American league even.

Is there a national champion?

lol really, 'murica #$%@ ya!

not a subscriber to espn, but if they get viewers why not I guess

OK, so stop rubbing it in. We can't even watch the WGC events down here in Australia, and you get to watch cornholing. Or watch people cornhole. Not sure of the correct grammar there.

I am officially now on team Dalton Mcklem. The fact that he is currently ranked at 100% for slide game and 99% for dragging bag is awesome - needs some work on his curve bag though, as he is down at just 75% for that.

I think that he needs to review his technique a touch as it appears that his relatively weak grip and and over rotated back arm is leading to him fighting a wide open palm as he spins his body open violently as a counter measure. This comes from him having a really low leading shoulder and tons of trigger delay from him trying to keep his hand from supinating prematurely and therefore being square up at release point.

I am officially now on team Dalton Mcklem. The fact that he is currently ranked at 100% for slide game and 99% for dragging bag is awesome - needs some work on his curve bag though, as he is down at just 75% for that.

I think that he needs to review his technique a touch as it appears that his relatively weak grip and and over rotated back arm is leading to him fighting a wide open palm as he spins his body open violently as a counter measure. This comes from him having a really low leading shoulder and tons of trigger delay from him trying to keep his hand from supinating prematurely and therefore being square up at release point.
Nice choice, he's no Bob Vonch though.

Oh, didn't realise that you were a Vonchite.

Look, I respect everything that Vonch has done for the sport, but really he is over the hill now and just taking up a spot that really could be better filled by someone else. Youth is the future, and Mcklem is at the forefront of the new breed of super athlete. Look at the forearm development of Mcklem - you can see the advantage of all the gym work that he has been doing over the past year, particularly in his pronator teres. It wouldn't surprise me if Vonch doesn't even have a palmaris longus ...

If you can smoke and drink *while doing it*, its not a sport. Golf is at the PGA level is a sport in my mind. but for amateurs....no.

horse racing

cornhole
fishing
pool
bowling
poker
bull fighting
eSports

Oh, didn't realise that you were a Vonchite.

Look, I respect everything that Vonch has done for the sport, but really he is over the hill now and just taking up a spot that really could be better filled by someone else. Youth is the future, and Mcklem is at the forefront of the new breed of super athlete. Look at the forearm development of Mcklem - you can see the advantage of all the gym work that he has been doing over the past year, particularly in his pronator teres. It wouldn't surprise me if Vonch doesn't even have a palmaris longus ...
This is where the next generation just doesn't get it. Trying to overpower the boards. The bag technology is getting out of hand with the jacked weave. When the Federation of Cornhole United National Tossers meet next year and rollback the bag regulation, what are Mcklem and his rabble-rousers going to be left with? Young tossers with strained supinators, that's what. Vonch has honed his right forearm and signature locks for years. Also, since I know you are going to bring it up, the steroid rumors that persisted for years were just that, rumors. Good day sir.

1544808707762_evansville13seniorschampionshipbvonchvsddennisfull_16x9Images.jpg

I'm curious how you come to even define video games as a sport let alone rank it in the top 4?
The skill and training required to be a top level gamer easily surpasses the skill and training required to be a fisherman, cornhole player, poker player, bowler and pool player. To get to the elite level these guys are takes every bit of talent and work as the real thing. The drivers doing iRacing are arguably putting in more time and training their skill than a real NASCAR or F1 driver. eSports are insanely competitive with very few making it to the elite level of the sport.

They are all sports. Some of them don't require a lick of athleticism. The only one that I would say requires a fair amount of athleticism is horse racing from both the horse and the jockey.

The drivers doing iRacing are arguably putting in more time and training their skill than a real NASCAR or F1 driver. eSports are insanely competitive with very few making it to the elite level of the sport.

I think you may severely underestimate what it takes to be a top level professional driver - not even counting something like F1 (because that's so much more involved.)

I don't think a single driver has ever once thought "S*it, I just hit a wall. It's cool though, I'll press the reset button."

I think you may severely underestimate what it takes to be a top level professional driver - not even counting something like F1 (because that's so much more involved.)

I don't think a single driver has ever once thought "S*it, I just hit a wall. It's cool though, I'll press the reset button."
I'm not saying it's the exact same same physically, but mentally it is quite similar. No you aren't risking your life sitting on a sim, but you are having the same mental strain and physical strain of racing 500 laps at Bristol for example. You wreck and it's nbd physically, but you could have just lost your sponsor or get replaced by another development driver. Look at all the F1 guys, they spend hours upon hours on the sim. If it was a waste of time, why bother. An eRacer who won back to back championships was just signed as an F3 driver. If they didn't feel this guy had talent and skill and he was just D-ing around playing a game, why would they throw him in a real car. I think people severely underestimate the skill required to be one of the best eSports competitors and have a narrow mind as to what it is. It's not fat guys eating cheetos and playing games. These guys spend countless hours every day and are backed by major sponsors. The best of the best can earn millions of dollars. The talent needed isn't even on par with things like fishing or cornhole.

Motorsports
Bull fighting
Horse racing
Golf
Bowling
Fishing
eSports

This is where the next generation just doesn't get it. Trying to overpower the boards. The bag technology is getting out of hand with the jacked weave. When the Federation of Cornhole United National Tossers meet next year and rollback the bag regulation, what are Mcklem and his rabble-rousers going to be left with? Young tossers with strained supinators, that's what. Vonch has honed his right forearm and signature locks for years. Also, since I know you are going to bring it up, the steroid rumors that persisted for years were just that, rumors. Good day sir.

1544808707762_evansville13seniorschampionshipbvonchvsddennisfull_16x9Images.jpg

Hmmm. Next you'll try to say that the entire 'deflated' bag scandal back in 2014/15 was just a media beat-up! Vonch* was not the only one of course, but under-filling the bags provided a massive advantage for the veterans who lacked the physical prowess to continue to complete with the youngsters. Even the supposedly 'independent' scientific testing that showed weather changes can cause an average 1.8 psi drop in bag pressure was clearly politically motivated. The whole "vigorous rubbing" excuse was equally laughable, but admittedly Vonch had nothing to do with that.

* Dear Bob Vonch,, in the extremely unlikely event that you are an avid golfer and member of Hackers Paradise, please note that no personal offence or slur on your integrity is intended in any way :)

This thread reminds me of this old George Carlin bit!

fishing-"Sport Fishing" #2
horse racing-"Sport of Kings" #1
poker-"Game" #7
pool-"Game" #8
golf- "Golf Game" #5
bowling- "Game"#6
cornhole-?????
bull fighting-"Betting Sport" #4
motorsports (F1, nascar, etc)-"Motor Sports" #3
eSports-?????

Last edited:
Back