Review Rapsodo MLM Thread

So the rapsodo helped me out a lot today on the course. I am usually pretty conservative when it comes to how far I carry my clubs, and played at a course where ever single flag was within 6' of the edge of the green, with all the back flags 6' or less from the back of the green.

At least 4 different times today I took a club less than I normally would have and ended up on the green where I normally would have taken 1 more and definitely would have been long. All because of what I saw on the Rapsodo. When I get my lessons I almost always hit just the 7I on quad, so having a better idea of what i carry my 8/9/PW/AW saved me some shots.
This is what I'm hoping for: dialed in irons. I'm not certain it's going to be the best for driver/4w, but I'm not really hitting those to a small window either.

So the rapsodo helped me out a lot today on the course. I am usually pretty conservative when it comes to how far I carry my clubs, and played at a course where ever single flag was within 6' of the edge of the green, with all the back flags 6' or less from the back of the green.

At least 4 different times today I took a club less than I normally would have and ended up on the green where I normally would have taken 1 more and definitely would have been long. All because of what I saw on the Rapsodo. When I get my lessons I almost always hit just the 7I on quad, so having a better idea of what i carry my 8/9/PW/AW saved me some shots.
Good stuff here!

This is what I'm hoping for: dialed in irons. I'm not certain it's going to be the best for driver/4w, but I'm not really hitting those to a small window either.

I got a much more extended session yesterday and was really really pleased with what I saw on the short irons/wedges and the numbers correlated pretty well (I took some off on the irons because they were a little inflated with old range balls). The longer irons/woods I am not sure I trust what I saw, but I was also getting tired and started hitting some real crap shots. Excited to get a little more time with it this week as well as some time on quad to compare the two.

So I was able to use my rapsodo for the first time this morning. Initially I was getting pretty mad at it but that’s because my fault. I had a hard time seeing the numbers live with the glare from the sun. I also didn’t realize at the time the yardage was carry and not total. So on longer clubs I just didn’t get why it wasn’t recording the right distance. Now that I got home and looked over the numbers they look fairly accurate. It will be good to use it more and the averages will obviously get better with a better sample size. I’m excited to get the net I ordered and see how accurate the numbers are into a net.

What a beautiful day.
Man. Cleveland really IS the San Diego of the great lakes!
We didn't have any of that on our side of town today! Tale of two cities!

Made it to the range yesterday afternoon. I tried the Raspodo out again and had no issues with my phone overheating today! I hit some wedges and some hybrids. One thing I noticed in a few videos is I was not aligned perfectly square with the unit. It was hard to see on my phone and I’ll be honest I didn’t have my glasses with me lol. That is 100% my fault next time out I will get more aligned. all my shots looked left of my target on the grid. I still cannot get the club change to work by showing it the club will keep working on that.

Once again it is super easy to get going for a practice session. Once the grass range by my house this weekend I plan to take the iPad out with me.
View attachment trim.1F67313B-6772-474F-A1E8-CC69DF06B421.MOV

Made it to the range yesterday afternoon. I tried the Raspodo out again and had no issues with my phone overheating today! I hit some wedges and some hybrids. One thing I noticed in a few videos is I was not aligned perfectly square with the unit. It was hard to see on my phone and I’ll be honest I didn’t have my glasses with me lol. That is 100% my fault next time out I will get more aligned. all my shots looked left of my target on the grid. I still cannot get the club change to work by showing it the club will keep working on that.

Once again it is super easy to get going for a practice session. Once the grass range by my house this weekend I plan to take the iPad out with me.
View attachment 9124956
Make sure your club isn't too close to your phone when trying to get it to read. It's using the camera and can't be moving so keep it steady.

Make sure your club isn't too close to your phone when trying to get it to read. It's using the camera and can't be moving so keep it steady.
It's a neat concept, but they make the club button so easy to hit and change that I don't see me ever even trying it, since I doubt it would ever be faster.

#luddite

It's a neat concept, but they make the club button so easy to hit and change that I don't see me ever even trying it, since I doubt it would ever be faster.

#luddite
Yeah agree the club button is really easy to switch. I was using both on Sunday. There were times I found it hard to see my phone screen with the glare so the club recognition worked great in those moments. I would know it worked when the club bubble popped up on the top right of the screen so I knew it recognized the club.

I found it easiest to set the unit up, then take an alignment rod and get one end of it on the dashed alignment line. Hold that it place with one hand, while I move the other end to get it to line up. Stinks if you were planning on a specific target, but it gets the job done.

I found it easiest to set the unit up, then take an alignment rod and get one end of it on the dashed alignment line. Hold that it place with one hand, while I move the other end to get it to line up. Stinks if you were planning on a specific target, but it gets the job done.

Should be much easier on my iPad also!

Kinda wish I had an iPad. Much more info available at the same time
So much, but not enough. So much real estate and you can't show more than 4 of the data points. Wasted space.

Would be an expensive investment for me. Don't have an Iphone or Ipad :eek:

Would be an expensive investment for me. Don't have an Iphone or Ipad :eek:
The only reason I can use mine is that we have an iPad. My wife has an iPhone, but there is no way I can get that out of her hands during daylight hours.

It cuts off a rather large portion of their potential user base. Android compatibility is the number 1 question they get, and they are working on it.

The only reason I can use mine is that we have an iPad. My wife has an iPhone, but there is no way I can get that out of her hands during daylight hours.

It cuts off a rather large portion of their potential user base. Android compatibility is the number 1 question they get, and they are working on it.
It's good to know that they are working on it. (y)

Yeah agree the club button is really easy to switch. I was using both on Sunday. There were times I found it hard to see my phone screen with the glare so the club recognition worked great in those moments. I would know it worked when the club bubble popped up on the top right of the screen so I knew it recognized the club.
I had is recognize my club incorrectly a few times yesterday. Thought GW was 6i and a few other misses. It's definitely finicky and think I'll just resort to the button from now on.

I was looking forward to trying this thing. But it is way cooler than I thought it would be..

I am on the board!

E3391202-5A05-4329-B1F8-AC712E5307BD.png9983D477-8488-46CF-97C8-D2B256D70175.png

Back