Rapsodo Mobile Launch Monitor - THP Review Thread

I think I am going to take the plunge and grab one of these. I was given a $200 amazon gift card from work and this seems like the perfect way to spend that money.

Interested in your thoughts once you receive it. I have had some serious fun with it, and have only just begun with the ‘mini games’ that it offers.

I ordered one today from Budget Golf and look forward to giving this a try. I need it to work well indoors or I will have to return the unit. I like practicing with my net, but need some feedback.

I ordered one today from Budget Golf and look forward to giving this a try. I need it to work well indoors or I will have to return the unit. I like practicing with my net, but need some feedback.

I don’t have a net or indoor setup, but i am a fan of the rapsodo. Excited to hear your feedback on how it works indoors

I don’t have a net or indoor setup, but i am a fan of the rapsodo. Excited to hear your feedback on how it works indoors
I am a little worried that it won’t work indoors but I am excited to try it. If it works inside, I will also like using it at the range. I setup a little area in a vacant office next door and am hitting balls, but need some feedback. 89439F81-452C-429B-B502-48E05C047D0C.jpeg

I think I am going to take the plunge and grab one of these. I was given a $200 amazon gift card from work and this seems like the perfect way to spend that money.
PM sent

I have one of these units and itching to use it. But still no android interface... Going to email them tomorrow about this. They told me in early Dec that they were on track to have it ready by the end of 2020. Guess they hit some snags.

Bump!...
Anyone have issues with ball and club speed?

I took it out for the first time today. Little sunny but not too bad about 55° here. Hitting off of mats so tried 6-10' back and propped up vs not propped up (to be even-ish with mat).

Camera tracer is picking up ball flight. Launch seems reasonable as does smash factor. Club and ball speed are both off 8-10 mph from Trackman last week. (6 iron ball speed averaged 127 on Trackman, 118 on Rapsodo).

Bump!...

I took it out for the first time today. Little sunny but not too bad about 55° here. Hitting off of mats so tried 6-10' back and propped up vs not propped up (to be even-ish with mat).

Camera tracer is picking up ball flight. Launch seems reasonable as does smash factor. Club and ball speed are both off 8-10 mph from Trackman last week. (6 iron ball speed averaged 127 on Trackman, 118 on Rapsodo).
Was TrackMan indoors?

Was TrackMan indoors?
Thanks JB. Trackman was outside also. The other part I forgot to mention is the Rapsodo was only picking up about 3/4 of the shots. Trying to figure out if it was a setting or a placement issue on my part.

Thanks JB. Trackman was outside also. The other part I forgot to mention is the Rapsodo was only picking up about 3/4 of the shots. Trying to figure out if it was a setting or a placement issue on my part.
Maybe @ddec can help on this one. Missing that many is not good

Bump!...

I haven't been out with it yet this year. Hopefully sometime in the next 10 days or so and I can give it another check. I know I didn't see that much difference in BS from the GC2 when I did side by side. I couldn't capture club speed though for comparison.

Would the mats have anything to do with it? The trackman was on a large covered hitting bay for fittings and lessons while the Rapsodo was on a regular range mat. 6' had it just at the edge of the mat where it was having difficulties picking up shots. Picked up more when I moved it to around 8' but had to prop it up to the correct level with a flattened out headcover.

I have had it for about a week and it has been very good. There are a few wonky results. It is nice to be able to work on my game at home. The set up was super easy!

Bump!...

I haven’t seen that much difference in mine. I have a PRGR I use as well with superspeed, and both the Rapsodo and PRGR match results within 1 or 2 points usually, and when I go in for my lessons (on trackman) the results usually are pretty close to what I’m seeing at home with Rapsodo.

Would the mats have anything to do with it? The trackman was on a large covered hitting bay for fittings and lessons while the Rapsodo was on a regular range mat. 6' had it just at the edge of the mat where it was having difficulties picking up shots. Picked up more when I moved it to around 8' but had to prop it up to the correct level with a flattened out headcover.

If there was a height/level difference that could definitely cause some misreads. Sounds like it was propped up though so you'd think all things would work out. Do you use the alignment feature on the app to make sure the ball is where it needs to be?

If there was a height/level difference that could definitely cause some misreads. Sounds like it was propped up though so you'd think all things would work out. Do you use the alignment feature on the app to make sure the ball is where it needs to be?
Yeah I had it lined up pretty well. Not sure if it was angle of the propping it up or the sun or what. When it picked up the shot, the launch angle and smash seemed reasonable but speed numbers off.

FYI. I think I finally dialed in the Rapsodo. I bring a tape measure and get it 6' away and use the case as a stand to prop it up off the matt (the matts are about 1.5" high). It performed much better on a cloudy 60 degree day here today. I use the shadow of my golf bag to keep it cool and shady, but on warmer days I might have to use an umbrella or something for it.

I just want them to finally release the android app they were targeting for this past December

I just want them to finally release the android app they were targeting for this past December
It is a big surprise that it hasn’t yet. 70% of cell phones are run by android os.

It is a big surprise that it hasn’t yet. 70% of cell phones are run by android os.
I'm just annoyed at having to use an older iPad when using the monitor instead of my new android phone. I asked about an updated timeline and all i got back was that covid delayed their timing

Back