Regional Rivalry DMV vs Carolina's Practice Trip Weekend of April 23rd

Anyone from the Carolinas heading up to RNK for a practice round before the event?

The only practice round I have planned at RNK is the Friday before the event. I can't swing a trip up before then.

Anyone from the Carolinas heading up to RNK for a practice round before the event?

Duece and I were going to try to get up there at some point in the next few weeks to play. When are you available?

Glad to see you are on the team Trout.

I just had a thought for you Carolina guys, if you are going to come up for a practice round. RNK is part of a group of 2 other courses, it might be worth checking out if you can get some sort of package deal to make the trip up a little more enticing. Just a thought

>> Lynchburg14 asked: Okay so did any of you lay up to the corner on #2 and leave your self 230 carry to the green and try and go for it? <<

Tbanks tee-ball was in PERFECT position to do so. However the prevailing wind was into our face and didn't allow for a chance to go for it. We layed up to just under 100 yds. Pin was wayyyy back.

Bob (Diveguy)

I may try and hook up with Burnham and Duece depending when they go. If not I have though about going up some weekend however I have some weekend trips coming up so I need to figure out when.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Okay so did any of you lay up to the corner on #2 and leave your self 230 carry to the green and try and go for it?

I did lay up, but with that pin placement Saturday. Better play was hit it out to 100 and go that route

I did lay up, but with that pin placement Saturday. Better play was hit it out to 100 and go that route

I layed up also ( Not that I had an option!!), too much carry for me wind or not!!

If someone can get on in 2 on that hole it can carry a lot of momentum going forward

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

If someone can get on in 2 on that hole it can carry a lot of momentum going forward

Any miss like long, right or short is nothing but trouble. Laying up to 100 and taking a birdie seems like the smartest play.

Any miss like long, right or short is nothing but trouble. Laying up to 100 and taking a birdie seems like the smartest play.
100% the smart play. But if you are short you will come back with $50 golf balls easy. And maybe a tick or two

100% the smart play. But if you are short you will come back with $50 golf balls easy. And maybe a tick or two

My third shot was just short, I got up there, and could actually see it down at the bottom, and it was playable----If I dared go down after it. I said to Don and Mike as I stared down into the ravien, "I can see my ball, and I could get a decent shot at it, but I left my goat at home." To which Don replied, "That's no way to talk about Michelle".....and that's how the fight broke out :D

That pin on hole 2 was diabolical. I tugged my 3 hybrid left of the green on my 3rd shot.

That pin on hole 2 was diabolical. I tugged my 3 hybrid left of the green on my 3rd shot.
No problem for me. I put a nice little 54 degree in about 20 feet left, let the spin and slope take it to about 6" for a nice tap in.......for a 7....But it was a great 7 :banghead:

No problem for me. I put a nice little 54 degree in about 20 feet left, let the spin and slope take it to about 6" for a nice tap in.......for a 7....But it was a great 7 :banghead:

Haha it happens. I was able to get up and down for par after the first hole it was definitely a win for me haha

I found 2 Titleists, and 1 Mojo...but not the Bridgestone I was looking for.

I found 2 Titleists, and 1 Mojo...but not the Bridgestone I was looking for.
Pro V1 with a red line? you can return it to me at the next outing :D

Nope, no red line. You can have the Mojo though.

Nope, no red line. You can have the Mojo though.
LOL...on the Mojo. We sell those int he shop here. When the pro was putting them out in February, I told him, I had honestly never seen anyone play that ball. We have sold over 70 dozen of them since March. Mostly at outings when the once a year player shows up with no balls, and is looking for something cheap.

I almost came up short on my third at number 2. Barely carried it over the corner to the edge of the green. I think I made bogey there. I think I was the only one with a shot at the green in two, but no way was I ready to take that shot so early in the round. I was like 225 away. I took the smart approach and laid up to about 125.

Duece and I were going to try to get up there at some point in the next few weeks to play. When are you available?

I've got 3 heavy weeks of travel left and some of it is to the DC area, I was thinking about trying to get at it in the next month or so, probably hit Stonehouse and Brickshire at the same time for a little added torture if the weather and time permit.

Let me know when you guys are going, it would make a cool trip

I've got 3 heavy weeks of travel left and some of it is to the DC area, I was thinking about trying to get at it in the next month or so, probably hit Stonehouse and Brickshire at the same time for a little added torture if the weather and time permit.

Let me know when you guys are going, it would make a cool trip
Hey trout. You may want to reconsider storehouse. That is one quirky course. Played it 2 weeks ago, hadn't played it in years. Now I remember why. 5 irons off the tee on par 4's, slopes so sever that balls down the middle disappear that you can't see due to blind landing areas, etc. Unless you play it with someone familiar with the layout, it can become frustrating. Just imho. Substitute that for viniterra. Great course.

Hey trout. You may want to reconsider storehouse. That is one quirky course. Played it 2 weeks ago, hadn't played it in years. Now I remember why. 5 irons off the tee on par 4's, slopes so sever that balls down the middle disappear that you can't see due to blind landing areas, etc. Unless you play it with someone familiar with the layout, it can become frustrating. Just imho. Substitute that for viniterra. Great course.

Yup lol, I used to play it often and now matter how many times you play it, it will still leave you head scratching.

Back