Review Review of the Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven

Is face balanced not typically your thing?

It actually is. A large mallet head, prior to this putter, has not been though. All putters, which a few very short-term exceptions, that I have used in the past 10 years have either been traditional face balanced blades or SeeMore face balanced at impact blades. In fact, the recommendation from a Club Champion putter fitting I went through two years ago was to use a face balanced blade based on my stroke and tendencies.

The one

It actually is. A large mallet head, prior to this putter, has not been though. All putters, which a few very short-term exceptions, that I have used in the past 10 years have either been traditional face balanced blades or SeeMore face balanced at impact blades. In fact, the recommendation from a Club Champion putter fitting I went through two years ago was to use a face balanced blade based on my stroke and tendencies.
Huh interesting. Thanks for the detailed feedback. I'm a face balanced guy so you've got me extra curious on trying these things, although I do play a Versa Tank 7 right now so I'm more used to the mallet shape.

Huh interesting. Thanks for the detailed feedback. I'm a face balanced guy so you've got me extra curious on trying these things, although I do play a Versa Tank 7 right now so I'm more used to the mallet shape.

I would definitely recommend trying before buying. As stated in the thread OP, I was fully expecting to get along better with and order the double bend / faced balanced model and am definitely glad I went to test them first. It may have been the much larger putter head or increased weight compared to what I was used to (all previous putter I gamed long-term were 350 grams or less head weight), but the tendency for me on a normal stroke with the DB model was to leave the face slightly open and miss right. I could consciously close the face more prior to impact with that model but overdid it quite often causing a left miss. The short slant / toe hang model in this particular putter just flowed and released better with my stroke.

This putter is absolutely nails from 5 feet and in. So easy to line up. It has definitely made me a mallet putter convert.

Our greens were just punched and sanded on Monday and Tuesday. Went and played yesterday and didn't want to take the almost new Eleven 2-Ball out on the sandy greens so took my old SeeMore mFGP that was my primary putter for about the last 8 years prior to getting the Eleven. I regretted that decision almost immediately as I hated the way it setup up at address and the way it felt / sounded when stroking a putt after getting really used to the Eleven with the White Hot insert over the past 6 weeks.

Of course, this made me ponder selling off some of my current putter stock and picking up another Odyssey or two....

I love my 2 Ball Ten (I know… not an 11). I got the tour lined and my fitter has me up 3* and cranked down to 1* loft as I present more dynamic loft at impact.

He fixed my alignment and poor putting stroke without years of redoing my stroke. I’m down to 30-32 putts per 18 from 35-36.

I’ve noticed the most difference in lag putting and find the new setup taking the guesswork out of alignment and I can focus on speed.

Was very happy to have the 2-Ball Eleven back in the bag today. Left it home for the past week and a half due to our greens being punched and sanded the first of last week and didn't really want to take an almost new putter out on them with all of the sand. Had 25 putts today so the short stint on the sideline did not hurt the proficiency I have gained with it at all.

Still rocking the 2-Ball Eleven and rolling it quite well. This is honestly probably the longest period of time I have used a putter since joining THP without the thought even creeping into my head that maybe I should try one of my numerous other putter. Very happy with the results, especially inside of 6 feet, that I have seen since I started gaming the putter. Feels like it is almost cheating with this putter on short putts.

Back