Review Review of the Odyssey 2-Ball Eleven

Sox_Fan

Go Sox!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Cold Temps
As most of you have seen, I was fortunate enough to be chosen to receive a new 2-Ball Eleven though a contest right here on the forum. In case you missed the thread and video about @Luke WilliamsCG and @Canadan discussing these putters, here is the link:

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...ing-the-odyssey-2-ball-eleven-putter.8941754/

After a good bit of rolling putts with various setups of Eleven and Ten putters at Edwin Watts, I chose to order the 2-Ball Tour Lined S (short slant) model at standard lie and 33.5" with the stock Odyssey - Pistol 2022 grip and Stroke Lab 3GEN Red shaft. This putter has the White Hot face insert in it.

A little about my putter history:
  • The only time I have ever owned a non-metalic insert putter was a Dual Force Rossie II with a Stronomic insert which I got around 1999 and used for a couple of years.
  • I have dabbled in mallets (mostly smaller) over the last 20 years but none ever stayed in the bag for more than a month or two. I always went back to a milled blade, so that is the type of putter I have used for 99+% of my rounds over the past 20 years.
With that said and after one 18 hole round and a good bit of home mat and practice green rolling, I feel kind of foolish that I never opened my mind up enough to give a larger, high MOI mallet or any kind of polymer insert putter a legitimate try in the last 20 years.

Some inital observations from my brief time spent with the 2-Ball Eleven:

• This putter is insanely easy to align to the chosen target line. I don't know whether this is more attributable to the 2-Ball or Tour Line alignment aids, or a combination of the two, but I just know that it works and gives me a very comfortable feeling that the putter is lined up properly when I am standing over the ball.
  • Distance control have been very impressive and quite comforting for me. I was honestly expecting to have to putt a longer stroke on the ball with the White Hot insert than I did with a milled steel putter thinking that the harder surface would generate more ball speed on putts. I did not increase the length of more stroke the first time I got out on the course with it and found the opposite to be true. I have traditionally left a lot of putts short when using milled blades. Probably to the tune of at least 1 out of 4 putts of 6 feet or longer. During my first round with the Eleven, I left exactly one putt short of the hole and all other putts ended up in the hole or no more than two feet past the hole. So I used the same stroke to achieve better results. Definitely a win-win!
  • The putter is very well balanced and the head / face flows very naturally during the stroke. When I went to demo these putters, I honestly really expected that I would end up liking and ordering the double bend face balanced model. Like almost everybody else, I do have some arc in my stroke and had trouble properly releasing the putter head without conscious manipulation with the face balanced model. 2 years ago, I was fit into faced balanced putters during a Club Champion fitting and have only been using either face balanced or SeeMore bace balanced at impact putters ever since. I remember a couple of the Grandaddy guys saying they used face balanced putters before being fit into Tri Hot blade putters with toe hang at the Grandaddy so I would definitely recommend trying before buying.
  • The sound / feel of the White Hot insert is nothing short of magnificent. Once again, this is coming from a guy that would only use 100% milled putters previously.

IMG_20220625_140820.jpg

Our greens were just punched and sanded 1.5 weeks ago so certainly are not things of beauty at this point.

I will continue to post updates in this thread as I get more time and experience with the Eleven. If you have any questions about this putter, feel free to post them in the thread and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post.

I do like the head design. Looks almost impossible to aim it the wrong way :unsure:

I do like the head design. Looks almost impossible to aim it the wrong way :unsure:

It really is super easy. About the only thing it does not do for you is pick the correct line. Unfortunately, that is still on us....

Super interested to hear your feedback and thoughts on the putter. I put the regular tour lined (non two-ball) version in the bag a couple weeks back and while I didn't make more putts, my initial comfort level was much higher. Contact felt so much more solid than I had been achieving with my milled blade, yet it wasn't super difficult to judge an appropriate stroke length given the extra mass in the head.

Keep the thoughts coming!

As most of you have seen, I was fortunate enough to be chosen to receive a new 2-Ball Eleven though a contest right here on the forum. In case you missed the thread and video about @Luke WilliamsCG and @Canadan discussing these putters, here is the link:

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/...ing-the-odyssey-2-ball-eleven-putter.8941754/

After a good bit of rolling putts with various setups of Eleven and Ten putters at Edwin Watts, I chose to order the 2-Ball Tour Lined S (short slant) model at standard lie and 33.5" with the stock Odyssey - Pistol 2022 grip and Stroke Lab 3GEN Red shaft. This putter has the White Hot face insert in it.

A little about my putter history:
  • The only time I have ever owned a non-metalic insert putter was a Dual Force Rossie II with a Stronomic insert which I got around 1999 and used for a couple of years.
  • I have dabbled in mallets (mostly smaller) over the last 20 years but none ever stayed in the bag for more than a month or two. I always went back to a milled blade, so that is the type of putter I have used for 99+% of my rounds over the past 20 years.
With that said and after one 18 hole round and a good bit of home mat and practice green rolling, I feel kind of foolish that I never opened my mind up enough to give a larger, high MOI mallet or any kind of polymer insert putter a legitimate try in the last 20 years.

Some inital observations from my brief time spent with the 2-Ball Eleven:

• This putter is insanely easy to align to the chosen target line. I don't know whether this is more attributable to the 2-Ball or Tour Line alignment aids, or a combination of the two, but I just know that it works and gives me a very comfortable feeling that the putter is lined up properly when I am standing over the ball.
  • Distance control have been very impressive and quite comforting for me. I was honestly expecting to have to putt a longer stroke on the ball with the White Hot insert than I did with a milled steel putter thinking that the harder surface would generate more ball speed on putts. I did not increase the length of more stroke the first time I got out on the course with it and found the opposite to be true. I have traditionally left a lot of putts short when using milled blades. Probably to the tune of at least 1 out of 4 putts of 6 feet or longer. During my first round with the Eleven, I left exactly one putt short of the hole and all other putts ended up in the hole or no more than two feet past the hole. So I used the same stroke to achieve better results. Definitely a win-win!
  • The putter is very well balanced and the head / face flows very naturally during the stroke. When I went to demo these putters, I honestly really expected that I would end up liking and ordering the double bend face balanced model. Like almost everybody else, I do have some arc in my stroke and had trouble properly releasing the putter head without conscious manipulation with the face balanced model. 2 years ago, I was fit into faced balanced putters during a Club Champion fitting and have only been using either face balanced or SeeMore bace balanced at impact putters ever since. I remember a couple of the Grandaddy guys saying they used face balanced putters before being fit into Tri Hot blade putters with toe hang at the Grandaddy so I would definitely recommend trying before buying.
  • The sound / feel of the White Hot insert is nothing short of magnificent. Once again, this is coming from a guy that would only use 100% milled putters previously.

View attachment 9099877

Our greens were just punched and sanded 1.5 weeks ago so certainly are not things of beauty at this point.

I will continue to post updates in this thread as I get more time and experience with the Eleven. If you have any questions about this putter, feel free to post them in the thread and I will do my best to answer them.

Thanks for reading this lengthy post.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your observations.

I wish you success with your new putter.

Can’t wait to hear about bombs dropped.

Just traded my DB Ten for the DB Eleven so I'm excited too. Looking forward to seeing how you get along!

Last edited:
I'll be reading this and following.

I'm glad happy to see you sinking more putts.

Nice review. I don't get along with slant necks but it looks good.

Nice! This putter is high on the ponder list

Nice review. I don't get along with slant necks but it looks good.

I rolled numerous putts with the White Hot OG Double Wide also and liked the double bend in that model a lot. Maybe had something to do with the weight and size of the heads.

Love it. Super interested in the Eleven, just DB.

Love that red shaft!

nice initial review. Looking forward to your thoughts after couple rounds. Im enjoying my CH neck 11

Good stuff, Scott! 👍

Nice Review @Sox_Fan I know that is not the type of putter I've know you to use (TP Mills Junkie), so I know your review is genuine.
I'm going to look for one of these once they come up on CPO...

I have only gotten in 27 holes since my original review due to work and rain so not a lot to report.

The 2 biggest areas where this putter continues to shine for me are alignment and distance control. Our greens are still mighty bumpy so not draining a lot of putts, but the ball is getting started on my intended target line and is going the distance I intend it to. The holes in the greens are knocking most putts over a couple of feet off line, but that is not the fault of the putter.

The only bad thing I have found with this putter so far is that if I don't properly place it in the bag putter well, the darn thing impedes on 4 of the 14 other slots in my bag. 😃

I have only gotten in 27 holes since my original review due to work and rain so not a lot to report.

The 2 biggest areas where this putter continues to shine for me are alignment and distance control. Our greens are still mighty bumpy so not draining a lot of putts, but the ball is getting started on my intended target line and is going the distance I intend it to. The holes in the greens are knocking most putts over a couple of feet off line, but that is not the fault of the putter.

The only bad thing I have found with this putter so far is that if I don't properly place it in the bag putter well, the darn thing impedes on 4 of the 14 other slots in my bag. 😃

Do you have to fight the club face at all to keep it square or does the forward CG really help with that?

Great to hear @Sox_Fan the Eleven is a huge ponder for me. Your comment regarding leaving putts short has got me thinking.

Just got one of these delivered to the house yesterday. This morning will be its maiden voyage. I'll add my thoughts later. It looks great and feels great already.

Do you have to fight the club face at all to keep it square or does the forward CG really help with that?

I did with the double bend (face balanced) model during my initial testing but have not with the short slant model. I felt like I was working too hard with the DB model to make sure the face was square at impact while, for me, the SS model releases much more naturally without manipulation.

I did with the double bend (face balanced) model during my initial testing but have not with the short slant model. I felt like I was working too hard with the DB model to make sure the face was square at impact while, for me, the SS model releases much more naturally without manipulation.

Thanks!

Is face balanced not typically your thing?

Back