Review - SMT Golf V3 Fairway Wood

TJRyska

#LivingtheDream
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 7.5
I recently received the SMT Golf V3 3 Wood and wanted to share my thoughts on the club. For those who do not know of SMT Golf, check out their website (https://www.smtgolf.com/). Their clubs are super affordable. The 3 wood is priced at $89.99 and has customizable shafts. Even with their stock shaft, the price stays at $89.99.

IMG_8206.JPG

IMG_8207.JPG

First off, the club looks great to the eye. It has a small weight (not sure of grams) on the back to push back the center of gravity. I liked the name SMT on the crown to help me line up the ball. The club sits pretty neutral at address. The crown is quite shiny (not matte like my Ping G425 Max) and does reflect the sun (if that bothers you).

IMG_8208.JPG

I went with the Aldila NV NXT 75-X shaft ($40 upgrade). My driver swing speed is in the 105-110 MPH range. I wasn't sure which shaft to choose, but I just messaged the SMT Golf Instagram account and gave them some basic information about my game (swing speed and desired trajectory). SMT Golf recommended the Aldila shaft and boy am I happy with it! I wanted my ball flight to stay mid-height and it does just that.

IMG_8210.jpg

The shape of the club is more flat than my Tour Edge Exotics CBX 3 wood and I really like the flat style. Growing up I loved my Adams Tight Lie and I've always been looking for something more similar to it. This club really meets my requirements. Really easy to hit off the ground or tee with a mid-level penetrating flight.

IMG_8213.JPG

Here is a picture of the headcover. I personally really like the red and black style.

IMG_8209.JPG

Finally, here is a picture of my launch monitor. This was my first swing with the club. Really happy with the distance and smash factor. Swing speed increased with more swings of the club.

Hope you enjoyed this review. I will try and update this thread as I play more with the club. Please let me know if you have any questions. The total price of this club with upgraded shaft and upgraded grip was $133.49. For the price, this club performs. Give SMT Golf a chance and check them out. I do not think you will be disappointed.
And reach out to them on Instagram if you have questions, they are responsive and very helpful.
If you want to give them a chance, they do have a 45 day satisfaction guarantee where you can return the club for a return for 100% of the purchase price.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Nice feedback!!!

Nice feedback!!!
Thanks man! Hoping to get better and better at writing reviews. Trying to learn from y’all!

Good stuff. I was into club building at one point and tried a few of their older iron models, but they weren't exactly built for forgiveness. Regardless, they did look and feel pretty nice.

That's a nice looking fairway wood!

Good stuff. I was into club building at one point and tried a few of their older iron models, but they weren't exactly built for forgiveness. Regardless, they did look and feel pretty nice.

That's a nice looking fairway wood!
Thanks for the insights. I just recently discovered this brand and I didn’t know they’ve been around for awhile. What was the last model you tried?

Thanks for the insights. I just recently discovered this brand and I didn’t know they’ve been around for awhile. What was the last model you tried?

They were much like the CB-3 and MB-3 models currently on their website.

Playing a round next Sunday. Will update y’all on use of the 3 wood! Y’all have a nice day!!

Hit a few balls with it again yesterday. Even balls hit off center still flew well. Hit a few off the toe and still pretty straight. Flew about 10-15 yards less but not off line.

I recently received the SMT Golf V3 3 Wood and wanted to share my thoughts on the club. For those who do not know of SMT Golf, check out their website (https://www.smtgolf.com/). Their clubs are super affordable. The 3 wood is priced at $89.99 and has customizable shafts. Even with their stock shaft, the price stays at $89.99.

View attachment 9078327

View attachment 9078328

First off, the club looks great to the eye. It has a small weight (not sure of grams) on the back to push back the center of gravity. I liked the name SMT on the crown to help me line up the ball. The club sits pretty neutral at address. The crown is quite shiny (not matte like my Ping G425 Max) and does reflect the sun (if that bothers you).

View attachment 9078329

I went with the Aldila NV NXT 75-X shaft ($40 upgrade). My driver swing speed is in the 105-110 MPH range. I wasn't sure which shaft to choose, but I just messaged the SMT Golf Instagram account and gave them some basic information about my game (swing speed and desired trajectory). SMT Golf recommended the Aldila shaft and boy am I happy with it! I wanted my ball flight to stay mid-height and it does just that.

View attachment 9078330

The shape of the club is more flat than my Tour Edge Exotics CBX 3 wood and I really like the flat style. Growing up I loved my Adams Tight Lie and I've always been looking for something more similar to it. This club really meets my requirements. Really easy to hit off the ground or tee with a mid-level penetrating flight.

View attachment 9078331

Here is a picture of the headcover. I personally really like the red and black style.

View attachment 9078332

Finally, here is a picture of my launch monitor. This was my first swing with the club. Really happy with the distance and smash factor. Swing speed increased with more swings of the club.

Hope you enjoyed this review. I will try and update this thread as I play more with the club. Please let me know if you have any questions. The total price of this club with upgraded shaft and upgraded grip was $133.49. For the price, this club performs. Give SMT Golf a chance and check them out. I do not think you will be disappointed.
And reach out to them on Instagram if you have questions, they are responsive and very helpful.
If you want to give them a chance, they do have a 45 day satisfaction guarantee where you can return the club for a return for 100% of the purchase price.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for posting this review. I've been looking at these myself.....are the faces more shallow than normal. The picture of the face looks like it might be a little
lower in profile than the normal fairway wood (mine measure 1 1/4 inch (1.25) from sole to crown. Do you consider your SMT a little shallower than normal? Also,
what is the "click" and "feel" at impact like? Thanks in advance for your reply!

SMT! Now that is a name from the past!

I may stilll have an old SMT 455 driver head (the hot rod red one) sitting around somewhere. May have to dig that up.

Not to hijack the thread (sorry @GolfATXAtty ) but if you guys know the 455db head, then you have to know the shaft I just put in my newly acquired mavrik head...

16494705290086636135208768320646.jpg

Thanks for posting this review. I've been looking at these myself.....are the faces more shallow than normal. The picture of the face looks like it might be a little
lower in profile than the normal fairway wood (mine measure 1 1/4 inch (1.25) from sole to crown. Do you consider your SMT a little shallower than normal? Also,
what is the "click" and "feel" at impact like? Thanks in advance for your reply!

It measures just under 1.25 inches (just a tad). I don’t recall much of a click. Very smooth. I’m playing on Sunday. I’ll think more about the “feel” and let you know.

It measures just under 1.25 inches (just a tad). I don’t recall much of a click. Very smooth. I’m playing on Sunday. I’ll think more about the “feel” and let you know.
Thanks for your prompt reply! I guess by "click" I mean I'm hoping that it doesn't have that loud "hollow" sound that some metal woods have. I hate that!!!

Thanks for your prompt reply! I guess by "click" I mean I'm hoping that it doesn't have that loud "hollow" sound that some metal woods have. I hate that!!!
Oh ok. Yeah I don’t recall a loud “hollow” sound. I’ll think about that on Sunday and let you know though!

Thanks! Have a great round!!

Back