RH putting w left eye dominant (or LH-RE) - does the putter matter?

LED and RH.
Not sure if that determines style of putter.
I like double bends. I do like plumbers neck. I prefer minimal offset. I prefer full mallets >midmallet > blade
I don’t like belly putting but like broomstick putting if I had to switch
Prefer pistol grip to round one
Prefer thin grip to thick ones
Alignment aids on the putter -I have not figure if I like naked vs dot vs lines on the putter head

LED and RH.
Not sure if that determines style of putter.
I like double bends. I do like plumbers neck. I prefer minimal offset. I prefer full mallets >midmallet > blade
I don’t like belly putting but like broomstick putting if I had to switch
Prefer pistol grip to round one
Prefer thin grip to thick ones
Alignment aids on the putter -I have not figure if I like naked vs dot vs lines on the putter head
I believe eye dominance plays a bigger role with alignment elements vs head shapes and necks, although I am sure there's something to half vs full vs zero offset as well. I'm left eye dominant righty and a sight line is pure poison to my eyes hahaha - give me a dot or a top line all day every day.

I’ve seen a ton of success fitting left eye dominant RH players into a center shafted putter this year.

the Versa 12 center shaft has really been interesting to see for several of those LED fits. Center shafted, with a forward/top line alignment, and the versa alignment as well, has been probably my most popular. The TriHot 5K center shaft has been good as well, but something about the versa 12 CS has had lots of positive outcomes.

1693271331459.png

I’ve seen a ton of success fitting left eye dominant RH players into a center shafted putter this year.

the Versa 12 center shaft has really been interesting to see for several of those LED fits. Center shafted, with a forward/top line alignment, and the versa alignment as well, has been probably my most popular. The TriHot 5K center shaft has been good as well, but something about the versa 12 CS has had lots of positive outcomes.

View attachment 9201734
This putter is #1 on my ponder list. It’s in my … if my Grandaddy bag were made of current release items.

LED RH

This putter is #1 on my ponder list. It’s in my … if my Grandaddy bag were made of current release items.

I can’t imagine there not being a CS release for you guys for next year, but I’m excited for you all to find out!

I believe eye dominance plays a bigger role with alignment elements vs head shapes and necks, although I am sure there's something to half vs full vs zero offset as well. I'm left eye dominant righty and a sight line is pure poison to my eyes hahaha - give me a dot or a top line all day every day.
I’m the same and have putted better since your tip to move the ball slightly forward of middle to get it under my left eye.

I can’t imagine there not being a CS release for you guys for next year, but I’m excited for you all to find out!
Me too! 😂

I’ve never gamed a CS putter. But given my putting style it could fit me well.
I’ve also never done the short line / dot thing. But interested in trying / seeing where fitting takes me.

I've been reading around about right handed putting with left eye dominant (or reversed for lefties). I am strongly left eye dominant and, for example, play pool and do a few other things left handed. But I play golf right handed. I had never realized this can impact how I line up putts. But it makes a lot of sense. First, I don't think this is a handicap but there appear to be better or worse practices (and maybe even putters) for at least some of us.

There is a lot out there about stance, ball position, and getting the left eye above the ball. That makes sense and I am exploring some of those changes. But there is also a lot of confusing information about different putters and offset. Some recommend heel shafted blades with no offset. Others recommend a full plumbers neck (e.g. this is what Tiger uses). Even others suggest RH-LE or LH-RE golfers favor mallets with curved backs; we line up from the back where others line up from the front.

If you are one of the golfers with dominant eye opposite of how you play, do you find that specific putter characteristics help you better align putts?
I'm left eye dominant, and putt right handed. All I ever did was learn how to hit a straight putt on my chosen line. The type of putter never really mattered. I putted well with all of them.

Where do you like the dot on the putter ?

Last edited:
always up top.
Obviously has to be on top. But where on top
Where on top? Near the center ? Toe ? Near the top line on the mallet/blade or further back from the top line like a two ball

Last edited:
I'm LED and right-handed, but putt LH. Now I'm curious about how eye dominance might affect putting and set up. Maybe I should do a putter fitting someday.

After thinking about it. The lines/dots don’t really help me and I tend to ignore them
when I look at the top of the putter head I usually look for a wide channel to aligned the putter head eg like the hollow out cavity in anser
I find looking at something that specific like a dot or single line don’t work for me

After thinking about it. The lines/dots don’t really help me and I tend to ignore them
when I look at the top of the putter head I usually look for a wide channel to aligned the putter head eg like the hollow out cavity in anser
I find looking at something that specific like a dot or single line don’t work for me
Get it nekkid!! (LED/RH golfer) Have found tremendous success without a site line this year.

I'm 99% sure this was the thread that led me to THP originally :ROFLMAO:

I am very LED+ rh, so I do best with minimally offset putters, 1/2 shaft offset or less.

I LED/RH and did a putter fitting earlier this year. He suggested making sure the alignment line goes all the way to the front edge of the putter if I wanted one, not the kind that stops before the ball. I wound up going with a TM MySpider GT with the long alignment line option and am happy with it so far. Always been an above average putter. Play to a 15, putt like a 5 in strokes gained. Maybe the exact putter wouldn't matter much, but I could feel a difference trying out the various options.

Back