Hammering’ Hank was a great man and a great ball player!

Wow.....RiP

Oh man. RIP Hammerin' Hank.

They all sting, but being a lifelong Braves fan and growing up when Hank was in Atlanta this one stings a whole lot. :cry:

RIP! What a legend and what a life!

What a player, what a man. RIP to the all-time RBI leader!

RIP Hank. I remember him playing for the Brewers when I was little

always a class guy!!!

A great player and competitor and a greater man. RIP.

This is a tough one for the baseball world.

One of the all time greatest baseball players and individuals, plus my favorite team. I was to young to have had a chance to watch him play, but listening to a number of his interviews over the years, he was a great man! RIP Mr. Aaron!

I hate to see all these legends dying this last year. I just saw Don Sutton died as well.

The thing that always amazed me was how soft his hands were on the bat when you look at videos of his swing, no death grip.

Last edited:
RIP Hammerin Hank! One of my favorite quotes from Mr. Aaron, "It took me seventeen years to get three thousand hits in baseball. I did it in one afternoon on the golf course."

An all time great baseball player and human being.

I see that 2021 is continuing a trend from 2020. Last year saw the deaths of six HOF members (Brock, Seaver, Gibson, Kaline, Ford and Morgan) 2021 has now added two more (Sutton and Aaron).

Just two things to add about Henry Aaron: the first is that he received death threats when it became apparent that he was going to pass Babe Ruth on the career HR list; the second is that Baseball Commissioner Bowie Kuhn ordered the Braves to play Aaron in at least two games of a three game series, the first series of the season in 1974, on the road in Cincinnati. He finished the 1973 season with 713 HRs. The Braves wanted to hold him out so he would hit #715 in Atlanta. Ultimately he did hit #715 at home, but it's interesting because he hit #714 in Cincinnati in his first at bat of the season.

Last edited:
Sad news to hear; Henry Aaron is easily one of the top 5 players/people in MLB history; I will always consider him to be MLB's Home Run King

RIP sir, he was a joy to watch.

Mr. Aaron was a beast on the field.

and you are wondering how this relates to golf, herewith I give you Henry's golf quote: ""It took me 17 years to get 3,000 hits in baseball. It took one afternoon on the golf course."

A huge loss to the baseball community... RIP Mr. Aaron.

Definitely lost a great one there.

I'm with @DataDude, the 7 home runs that make Bonds the all-time leader are tainted IMO. Aaron is the still the greatest home-run hitter in all of baseball.

Definitely lost a great one there.

I'm with @DataDude, the 7 home runs that make Bonds the all-time leader are tainted IMO. Aaron is the still the greatest home-run hitter in all of baseball.
Yep, nothing against Bonds cause he is probably the best hitter I have ever seen, but guarantee with no roids some of those HR's would have stayed in the ballpark.

Hank Aaron was incredible. Read "I Had a Hammer" or whatever else you can about the man.

Back