Blame Me

Golf, SAFC, Beer.
Reaction score
Handicap
8.8 GHIN
ROBOT TEST 2023: Which Golf Ball Is Best For My Game?

British based Today's Golfer test multiple golf balls with a robot and the results are interesting. Wilson gets a thumbs up as did the Maxfli, though us Brits struggle to get those Maxfli balls.

It will also be interesting how this test fair against My Golf Spy's golf ball test results.

Looks like a decent test. I like that they collected data indoors since some previous tests have been done on a range and have produced results that really look like the wind and bounces impacted the total yardages. I wish they had done more than one shot with each ball and club though.

Looks like a decent test. I like that they collected data indoors since some previous tests have been done on a range and have produced results that really look like the wind and bounces impacted the total yardages. I wish they had done more than one shot with each ball and club though.

That's why I like the test as it removes a lot of the variables what with it been in doors and I do understand the reason behind not hitting the same ball. I wonder if they will do another test using the same ball with multiple shots to see how that fairs.

MyGolfSpy found out how bad a Callaway ball was I seem to remember by doing that very test a while back.

Interesting for the 100 mph driver test that they tested two Maxfli and two Wilson balls which aren’t very common in the U.S. and didn’t test any Bridgestone models. I swing my driver around 104mph and switched to Bridgestone a couple years ago and for it performs better for my swing than any of the balls they tested.

What's a "My Golf Spy"?

Back