Rochester NY officer shot and killed

Horrible story. Prayers go out to the Officers young family.

I did some work in the Monroe County DA's office a year or so ago...and looking through their case files the type (and volume) of violent crime in the Rochester area shocked me.

This is just awful. Especially with those little kids.
If I was the surgeon I'd have a tough time fixing the guy.
No kidding, me too

I have a cousin who is Buffalo PD, his sister is Amherst PD. Also have a cousin and friend who are Buffalo FD. Never like hearing about cop shooting. My cousin on BPD was shot in the foot and his partner killed back in the late 90s(98-99 timeframe) by someone they knew and were stopping to try and get some info from, he choose to shoot and run. Bad thing is perp should have been in jail at the time and had a rap sheet a mile long. Judicial system let him walk until his next hearing so he was able to be out on the streets and then caused this shooting.

The guy literally just got out of prison for armed robbery too. It never ceases to amaze me how quickly they will jump back into the same activities.

Depends on when the arrest is made, lots of times it's not made until they are released from the hospital so the department doesn't get footed with the bill.

If I was the surgeon I'd have a tough time fixing the guy.
Most times they are arrested right away, especially for such a violent crime. If they don't arrest him then anyone can go into the hospital and try to get him out. I can't tell you the amount of times when I was a rookie I had to sit on a hospitalized prisoner.

So tough to watch that man. His son started school yesterday, just sickening to think that doctors will save the scumbags life and he'll get meals and free education at our expense forever. I have family in corrections so its touchy and I'll save that for another rant. The whole thing is just heartbreaking

So tough to watch that man. His son started school yesterday, just sickening to think that doctors will save the scumbags life and he'll get meals and free education at our expense forever. I have family in corrections so its touchy and I'll save that for another rant. The whole thing is just heartbreaking

She's incredibly strong. What gets me is that he will be a hero in prison. That's the last I'll say about him, it's makes my blood boil.

I have been in this profession for 14 years and have been to too many of my fellow officers funerals. RIP Officer Pierson. If anyone is interested, the Officer Down Memorial is a good place to help police families who have lost a loved one in the line of duty.

Do they have death penalty in NY?

This has gotten to be way too common where us cops are being shot or killed. Society is changing for the worst and the "bad" guys these days are ruthless. Prayers to the family. My fellow cops, attention to detail as I sense more of this due to current events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This has gotten to be way too common where us cops are being shot or killed. Society is changing for the worst and the "bad" guys these days are ruthless. Prayers to the family. My fellow cops, attention to detail as I sense more of this due to current events.

Stats actually say otherwise, it's happening less. Last year was the lowest for deaths in the line of duty in a very long time. Which is freaking awesome news.

Still an absolutely awful thing that kills me everytime. Our community had a rash of them it seems a few years ago. I got really tired of those funerals.

Rochester NY officer shot and killed

Depends on where you look but 1 is too many. Stats actually say on duty police deaths are up 67% compared to last year.

cbd38c2dcf29719380fd31049da89a19.jpg

Depends on where you look but 1 is too many. Stats actually say on duty police deaths are up 67% compared to last year.

cbd38c2dcf29719380fd31049da89a19.jpg

That does suck, I didn't realize it was up so much. I can't remember which organization it was that had the big push to get deaths under 100, but it looked like it could be this year, guess not

I listened to a transmission of his final role call. Hearing no response and then hearing the dispatcher call his end of watch was bone chilling.

I listened to a transmission of his final role call. Hearing no response and then hearing the dispatcher call his end of watch was bone chilling.

One of the most surreal and heartbreaking things I have ever experienced is the last call.

Unfortunately one of my partners was shot and killed during a foot chase. Luckily his partner returned fire and hit the suspect who was located later. That was the first funeral I had ever attended for LE and the show of support was nothing short of awesome.

Back