Savannah/Hilton Head Recommendations for a Visitor

init.6

Always Sunny
Reaction score
Handicap
12.8GHIN
Good morning fellow hackers! My wife and I will be taking a golf trip to Savannah at the end of February. We're looking for 3 courses and are very tempted to play the Ultimate-54 at the Sea Pines Resort (Harbour Town, Atlantic Dunes and Heron Point). Harbour Town is the only 'must-play' for us, so should we be looking at any other courses in the area to replace either AD or HP? We're worried that the three courses will be too similar to each other and that we would be underwhelmed by the 2 sibling courses.

Check out Palmetto Dunes in Hilton Head. We had a THP event there a few years ago and the 3 courses were great.

Check out Palmetto Dunes in Hilton Head. We had a THP event there a few years ago and the 3 courses were great.

Agreed on this statement

Would also try out the Westin Savannah Harbor Resort courses. They are very solid

Palmetto dunes for sure. Was present for that event all 3 courses were top notch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We had a THP event at Savannah Harbor a couple years ago and I really enjoyed the course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

If you can get on them, cannot beat Colleton or Wexford. I think these are the best 2 courses in the area, other than Secession. But that course takes some work to get on.

I’m partial to Haig Point
Of course that is because of the THP event coming there soon.

I will be in the area 2/22-2/25. My cousin lives down there and making the reservations. We are playing Savannah Harbor the day we arrive. Not sure of the rest of the itinerary. Just hoping for playable weather and green grass and escape the NY winter.

You won’t be disappointed in the sea pines courses. Usually the conditions are the best this time of year since the tour will stop there in the spring!

Play the Ultimate 54 at Sea Pines, wont find a better collection of courses anywhere else around there.

I’m going to HH in mid March with 11 other dudes and we are playing:

Atlantic Dunes
Heron Point
Palmetto Dunes
Harbour Town Golf Links

Friday, March 16, 2018 Saturday, March 17, 2018 Sunday, March 18, 2018
9:00 AM 12 2:15 PM 12 8:34 AM 12 8:33 AM 12

I’m going to HH in mid March with 11 other dudes and we are playing:

Atlantic Dunes
Heron Point
Palmetto Dunes
Harbour Town Golf Links

Friday, March 16, 2018 Saturday, March 17, 2018 Sunday, March 18, 2018
9:00 AM 12 2:15 PM 12 8:34 AM 12 8:33 AM 12

awesome collection right there

awesome collection right there

Thank you. We go through a golf vacation broker every year so we got a really good deal on the house as well. Last year was Kiawah. Next year is Scottsdale! If anyone wants his contact let me know...

Agreed. My timeshare includes daily golf at PD. I prefer the Arthur Hills course. The RTJ course holes 1-7 are nothing special while holes 8-18 are a real blast. The Fazio course finishing holes are a challenge. Really love 16; small island right of green is a veritable bird sanctuary.

Timely find. I was just thinking of a short get-a-way and Hilton head or even a bit longer trip to south Florida were my first two thoughts.

Back