Video SBST vs ARC in Putting

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is an older THP TV spot we shot at SeeMore HQ with Cody and I thought it would be a great time to share again as some questions have come up about putting stroke. With lasers, Cody breaks down the stroke and what is really happening.

That’s a good video. Simple explanation, and pretty easy to see what he’s talking about.

It’s also the way I try to putt, so confirmation bias aside, I like it!. :ROFLMAO:

Another outstanding blast from the past.

This video makes me want to setup a laser and check my stroke. I think I have very little arc with the way I line up with my eyes over the line. Now I feel the need to check.

That is such a great video, I know I have been guilty of manipulating an arc rather than letting stroke be natural and my results have been inconsistent. If I just focus on the 3” in front and behind the ball, my stroke and results are just so much better. Thanks for sharing JB.

Mostly putter stroke path is dictated by the player's distance from the ball at address. For example, when demonstrating an arc stroke the guy in the video extended the putter well away from the training aid. Players who stand close to the ball have a relatively straight back swing and thru swing path (if they stand really close to the ball the back swing path usually moves outside the line ). If a player stands relatively far from the ball , on the back swing path his/her putter head arcs inside.

Last edited:
Good video.

Just watched this again and it is awesome. It also reminds me that I need to get a putter fitting to better understand my putting stroke and what style of putter I should be using.

That's a really good breakdown. It's pretty eye opening when you go through a putter fitting finding out what your stroke actually does. I always thought I was SBST and was completely wrong. Getting fit in to the right style of putter for my stroke was a game changer.

I think this is super dependent on how you stand on top of the putter. For those with a bunch hunch and eyes over top of the ball, their potential for SBST is so much higher than the traditional SeeMore method.

I'm with Cody for the most part though. The method he's presenting eliminates an awful lot of variable.

Great video and a simple explanation. We all putt on some sort of an arc, and this does well to explain.

Getting fit for a putter really does open up a lot of data/knowledge that you may not have understood or known how you fit into those specific data points. When I did my full bag fitting with CC, I wasn't really overly worried about the putter fitting but once I went through it, it was pretty eye opening. Especially when the lightbulb went off on why my normal miss on a putt is a bit of a push.

Getting fit for a putter really does open up a lot of data/knowledge that you may not have understood or known how you fit into those specific data points. When I did my full bag fitting with CC, I wasn't really overly worried about the putter fitting but once I went through it, it was pretty eye opening. Especially when the lightbulb went off on why my normal miss on a putt is a bit of a push.

my putter fitting at Club Champion was my favorite. It showed me a lot of what the putter and ball was doing and also it helped me narrow down what putter shapes and necks work best for me.

Back