Scotty Cameron putters

There are plenty of deals out there to be had. I took a chance and got mine of the bay, and it's immaculate. The jury is still out about that Matador grip from Winn that he uses.

Ive been eying them... but I absolutely love my Big FGP, so... I will have to practically steal a X to buy one.

Ive been eying them... but I absolutely love my Big FGP, so... I will have to practically steal a X to buy one.

There was one of those in the used club store locally a few weeks ago. I was susprised how good that head felt.

There is definitely a difference between how the Newport and the Futura perform. The Newport really takes steady hands to get the stroke just right, but that Futura, get the head straight back, and the club does the rest. You don't have to do anything on the follow through. Really an amazing putter.

I've got 7 putters in the collection and continue to come back to the SC Futura X all day long. With the SuperStroke Flatso 17" grip it is the most solid putter I've ever put in my hands. I went out and played 9 holes on Saturday afternoon and had 13 putts with that bad boy! I had one chip in but the rest of those putts weren't gimme's by any means. It just does what I need it to do and feels amazing. I'm keeping my other putters and will game them every so often but the Futura X is my full-time gamer.

With the heavier grip, did you stay with the stock weights, or did you go heavier? I'd say my only initial issue with the Futura was that I wish the balance point was a liiiiiiiiiittle bit close to the head.

I kept the stock weights in the head. Even though the grip is heavier it still feels very light in my hands and it balanced nicely. I think the 17" Flatso is a perfect combo with this putter IMO.

what length is it.....34" or 35"?

so I spent an hour or so in GS today rolling putts. Didn't like the feel of the Del Mar or Fastback actually, which were the 2 I thought I was looking at.

But my oh my, that Golo Select felt like money. Rolled well, felt great in my hands. Almost walked out with one, but at $349 I just couldn't do it. On the hunt now for a used one in great shape.

so I spent an hour or so in GS today rolling putts. Didn't like the feel of the Del Mar or Fastback actually, which were the 2 I thought I was looking at.

But my oh my, that Golo Select felt like money. Rolled well, felt great in my hands. Almost walked out with one, but at $349 I just couldn't do it. On the hunt now for a used one in great shape.

Dude... do it! They are absolutely phenomenal!!!!!

Dude... do it! They are absolutely phenomenal!!!!!

Haha, my wife would kill me. Told her if I hit a certain number of Sales at work this month that I'm buying it.
Also, are these okay to cut down? I may not find a 33" on the used market as easily as 34 or 35.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

In my opinion the GoLo is the best putter ever. Obviously that's purely subjective but I just love it. I'd like to get some sort of Ltd edition GoLo one day just for kicks.

Haha, my wife would kill me. Told her if I hit a certain number of Sales at work this month that I'm buying it.
Also, are these okay to cut down? I may not find a 33" on the used market as easily as 34 or 35.

I am sure someone on here has a used one for less!

I had one that was originally 35" and I cut it to 33".

You'd be surprised. With enough looking around, you shouldn't have any trouble finding one at all.

I just picked up a GoLo S from the marketplace. Great putter, love the feel, just gotta dial in my distances.
I also like the feel of the SC Pistolero grips, but am contemplating moving to oversize. Kinda feel bad about removing the original grip, tho.

I am sure someone on here has a used one for less!

I had one that was originally 35" and I cut it to 33".

That's my hope.

Now I need to sell off that Tank 7.

I just picked up a GoLo S from the marketplace. Great putter, love the feel, just gotta dial in my distances.
I also like the feel of the SC Pistolero grips, but am contemplating moving to oversize. Kinda feel bad about removing the original grip, tho.

The thing that I don't like about the Matador is that it's really squishy, and I feel like I lose a little bit of control with it. I'm pondering a SuperStroke, either a Flatso Ultra or a 2.0, and see if that's any better. If not, I may just go back to a Pistolero.

That's my hope.

Now I need to sell off that Tank 7.

Just got a golo 3 yesterday. Its a 35 i cut to 33. The 33 stock has a heavier head than the 34/35. I like the weight of the 35 cut to 33. It is worth $349 and than some. Edwin Watts has a 90 day return policy if you don't like it.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Just got a golo 3 yesterday. Its a 35 i cut to 33. The 33 stock has a heavier head than the 34/35. I like the weight of the 35 cut to 33. It is worth $349 and than some. Edwin Watts has a 90 day return policy if you don't like it.

I was rolling the 33. Seems to be the best option, normally I play my putters choked down or cut down to around 31-32. The 33 I was choking down just past the bend on the butt of the stock grip.

Won't cutting it down change the balance of the overall club?

Won't cutting it down change the balance of the overall club?

Generally not to the point that you will notice.

Generally not to the point that you will notice.

So only an inch shouldn't be noticeable? Would it make sense to put some lead tape at the tip of the shaft after cutting it down?

So only an inch shouldn't be noticeable? Would it make sense to put some lead tape at the tip of the shaft after cutting it down?

Odds are you won't notice, but you could if it would put your mind at ease sure.

The 35 golo 3 i got the shaft was actually 34 inches. The grip stuck out the extra inch. There is no difference when cut to 33. I putt so much better .

I don't own a Scotty but I came across this cover and thought it was kinda cool haha
1a394321e138296b9f56c2228120a49a.jpg

That's a keeper. Probably fetch some big $$ if you don't keep.

Got the Notchback bent a few degrees flat today, and with the new SuperStroke 2.0, this thing is awesome! I can't see gaming the Futura X with this thing around.

Back