Senna Golf Tees (Tees for mats) ** Pics Added **

sandiegonative

Reaction score
Handicap
I saw these Senna Golf Tees on GolfDigest. Their website claim is, "Senna Golf Tee raises the ball off of the mat, simulating a ball on grass."

They are priced at $3.99 for a 30-Pack (additional $3.00 for shipping) OR buy 5 and shipping is free.

Has anyone tried these? If so, would you recommend them? I wouldn't plan on wasting them at outdoor range, but would use them at my local indoor range or during an indoor fitting?

Last edited:
I have not tried nor seen these. Looks like a one and done type of thing. You'll go through 3 packs just hitting a large bucket of balls. I'd think that'll get pretty expensive if you hit the indoor range too often. Unless you go and retrieve them when you're done.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Very good San Diego. Let me know if you try them out.

Really like the idea of these. However I feel they could get very expensive. Please let me know how they perform and I will use them at my indoor range.

I have not tried nor seen these. Looks like a one and done type of thing. You'll go through 3 packs just hitting a large bucket of balls. I'd think that'll get pretty expensive if you hit the indoor range too often. Unless you go and retrieve them when you're done.

I'm as fruggle as they come and there is no way I'd be wasting a bag of 30 tees per range session. I think I will give these a try and provide feedback ASAP.

I'm as fruggle as they come and there is no way I'd be wasting a bag of 30 tees per range session. I think I will give these a try and provide feedback ASAP.
Best of luck. I'll be interested to see what you think of them.

I could see these being useful hitting off a mat into a net, but not at a range.

If you drill a golf into one of the feet you could tether it. Then one tee per range day (assuming the tether doesn't break).

Last edited:
Me thinks what a beat down it would become after the 3rd ball having to put the ball on top of the tee but maybe you could get good enough that you could roll one up with the club and not have to bend down over and over.

You're supposed to hit down on the ball, so essentially you'd be compressing the ball against the tee, right? I would think the uneven surface area the ball is sitting on would have some kind of impact. If you sweep the ball, then it would be no issue of course.

I've tried something similar that had a cord attached to it that attached to the back of the matt. Even with the "tee" kept winding up on the range. I was not a fan.

I think it could simulate a golf ball sitting on a tee that's in grass. Like you might do on a par 3. But without something getting in the way of the ball and club face it's not going to be anywhere near like hitting off grass.

I think it could simulate a golf ball sitting on a tee that's in grass. Like you might do on a par 3. But without something getting in the way of the ball and club face it's not going to be anywhere near like hitting off grass.

I was thinking the same thing when I first saw these. I plan on doing a side by side comparison (teed up and off the mat) to see if there is any noticeable difference.

I agree with everyone's comments:
- An extra $4 per range session would be ridiculous assuming you lost a tee per shot
- I though about tethering it like the Tee Claw

We shall see soon enough. It wouldn't be the first or last time I "wasted" $20.

How is this different than using a really short conventional plastic tee that just barely sticks up through the mat?

I recently purchased a bundle pack of Senna Golf Tees for my son and I. We are both beginner golfers and try to get as much time at the range as we can. The local ranges all have artificial mats and through some web searches I found these tees.

The site promotes the tees as helping you drive down on the ball and getting more face of the club on the ball ( a problem Ive had doing on mats). We really enjoyed these tees and found that they do allow you to have a more comfortable swing, as far as losing the tees we've now practiced multiple times and on average tend to use about a pack per bucket.

If you practice on artificial grass or are a beginning golf looking to have a more enjoyable range experience I recommend these tees. I agree that loosing the tees may not be perfect but for the $3.99 per pack it is definitely worth the try. Again not for everyone but in my experience definitely a practice product I keep in my bag.

Thanks for the review Fooore.

How is this different than using a really short conventional plastic tee that just barely sticks up through the mat?
I was thinking the same thing. I had to look over the site to see what was the intended purpose of these because it didn't get it right away. I don't love hitting off mats, but I do feel like it has helped me to learn how to handle tight lies.

Back