Sergio's post-Masters comments

Thanks Grogger, I have been looking for this. What a baby.

Crap. I just typed those in from memory in the Masters thread. D'oh!

Thanks Grogger.

In some ways I agree with Sergio about the course this week, but what in world is he doing commenting on it. He is in dire straits need of some image help. His comments are baffling as to why a major golf star says these things regardless of how he feels.

WOW!!!!!!
The only pro that complains about how bad the course is when he doesn't play or putt well. Everytime that he plays bad it the course and not he swing, I don't think I've ever heard him complain about his golf swing not being up to par when he play's bad. Last time at Bethpage it was the rain that caused him to play bad. Shut up and take the blame for playing bad...........

Well I guess if you play poorly, for him it is OK to blame the course set up. No one twisted his arm to play there, except maybe there's something in his endorsement contracts that pays him. I don't know what type of equipment he plays since I don't follow him. I did like some of the TV commercials he made a while back. Perhaps he should just stay home next year, and let someone more deserving have his spot. :confused2:

If you are a PGA player allowed to play in the Masters, you play. And yes, his endorsement contract would dictate that he would have to play in this major if he wanted to back out.

Any real Pro would take it as a challenge to be conquered, not a reason to whine like a little boy.

The guys who were 20 strokes better than him didn't seem to have too many course condition complaints.

Grogger while i agree, people seem to have short memories. Do we not remember the past 5 US Opens (except this last one). Almost every PGA Tour Pro was complaining and whining.

Or how about the Island hole (#17) at TPC? They all whine about that too.

Personally I like it when they whine and snivel about how difficult a course plays for their respective game. It shows their true colors, and how young minded their own game can make them at times. Plus, it is part of this sports entertainment value. It seems that the game of golf is the only one that the actual playing field, on a regular basis, gets blamed for the player's poor showing. Perhaps Sergio should have said "I did not prepare properly to play this tricked up course, which caused me to play below my expectations". At least then he would be taking some personal responsibility for his poor showing this past week. As it is his remarks are one of the things that give most pro golfers a less than stellar reputation when compared to other sports, and their players. :comp:

Maybe someone needs to remind Sergio that if it was easy no one would get paid to do it. Sometimes it's better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

I can't believe he really came out and said that. That should cancel his invitation for next year, if it doesn't, I'll be surprised.

.....see.....see.....see, I told you.

What he says doesn't really bother me too much. I like to watch post game/round interviews where the athlete doesn't give the predictable PC answer. As a matter of fact, we can all predict what they are going to say. That gets boring to me after a while.

At the same time there is a difference between giving a non PC answer and sounding like a little baby who can't admit he didn't have it.

I liked Mickelson's answer to "Do you still have a chance to win this?" after his round. Most people would say "Well, I have to stay positive, blah blah" and he just said "Well....no."

I liked Mickelson's answer to "Do you still have a chance to win this?" after his round. Most people would say "Well, I have to stay positive, blah blah" and he just said "Well....no."

I agree, and I don't even like Mickelson anymore.

I almost want to go to Bethpage now, just to hear the abuse Sergio is going to get. I'm a strong believer that golf fans should shut the h*ll up, overall ... but I'm willing to make an occasional exception.

I'm with ChristianGolfer, what he said didn't bother me. Am I saying his actions were excusable? No. I just don't think it's that big of a deal. This isn't he first time a player has flat out said the course was bad I'm sure, but because of Sergio, and his past people are treating it like it's something much bigger then it really is.

Then Sergio should start thinking before he speaks because of his reputation. Unless he doesn't care, which is probably the case.

Maybe it is because rumor has it, Norman's daughter broke up with him a week ago.

Then Sergio should start thinking before he speaks because of his reputation. Unless he doesn't care, which is probably the case.

Exactly, and you see what people say about him, and he continues to play all the big events. People need to just chill out and let Sergio be Sergio, if you don't like him that's fine, but just leave him alone. I for one am a fan of Sergio.

I used to be, but he just keeps proving over and over again that he cares about NOBODY but himself.

I used to be, but he just keeps proving over and over again that he cares about NOBODY but himself.

I just think he's almost TOO emotional, so much that on the course he forgets about his surroundings and doesn't think about his actions or words. If he starts playing bad then he gets mad and does something stupid, if he hits a terrible shot he does something stupid. I think off the course, Sergio is a great guy.

Really? have you met him? Because we have heard differently, but again its all rumor.

Back