Shaft Optimizer from Mizuno

Just as an FYI, Luke Donald's release number is 5 and Charles Howell III's is 4 so you definitely are in the ballpark with a 6. The release number is fine for pointing to possible shaft fit but I hate to see it used as a swing evaluator.

did I say my numbers here?
88, 6, 4, 3, 6
87, 6, 4, 4, 6
only thing I would like to improve is the last one, from 6 to 5 or 4

I actually like the PX 5.5s but they don't compare to the old RP 5.5s or C-Tapers. In my fitting, the MP 63 6-iron was 179-180 with the PX and 188 with the C-Taper and better launch & spin numbers. Mizuno does like the PX and DG shafts because they want you to feel that clubhead.

S300s are great. Hard to argue with what has worked for ages. Just be careful with the lites and hit them before you buy DEFINITELY!!!

The DG XPs were unintentionally included in my shaft experimenting yesterday and I thought they were high launching like crazy!!! I couldn't believe the difference.

I need to get the c-taper s+ and the PX6.5 side by side on trackman to see the different numbers. I'm inspired by this whole experience.

just came back trying out different shafts at a store... apparently my swing speed/club head speed of 6 iron is 85 (not 88) according to the store simulator (mizuno shaft optimizer gave about 2 or 3 miles more) which is more accurate???

just came back trying out different shafts at a store... apparently my swing speed/club head speed of 6 iron is 85 (not 88) according to the store simulator (mizuno shaft optimizer gave about 2 or 3 miles more) which is more accurate???

Probably the Mizuno. There are lots of LMs and sims that estimate SS based on a couple factors..

Which sim was it?

Optimizer is pretty accurate - never see it vary by more than 2 mph when we move people over to Trackman. Simulators are all over the place. That said a 3 mph change over a few days would not be particularly unusual.

Probably the Mizuno. There are lots of LMs and sims that estimate SS based on a couple factors..

Which sim was it?
it was at golftown.. I believe it is the same sim that is used by Michael Breed in golf fix program

it was at golftown.. I believe it is the same sim that is used by Michael Breed in golf fix program

Trust the MSO, it's very accurate...

Plus, it's attached to the club which I think has to give more detailed data. Nothing against sims but they do extrapolate a lot of data based on swing speed, ball speed and swing plane...

Most likely a Foresight. Ball speed, spin, launch, etc., everything but club head speed is factually measured data and very accurate. CH speed is then calculated based on the other info gathered. On a 6i it can be 1-2mph off and 2-3 on a driver.

I had the guys over at Mizuno put out my numbers... They only incorporated 91: 4-3-5-4 and not 92: 4-3-4-4, 91: 4-3-4-4, 92: 4-3-5-4, mostly because I think they wanted to link to similarities on Luke Donald's numbers (which is kind of awesome). Anyways, the readout looks like this:

file.php

Very interesting IMO. DGx100's soft stepped are 6.5 FCM which matches up well with PX6.0, and KBS Tour X soft stepped drops to 6.8 FCM (yet is still spinning like a lunatic). Not listed would be the C-Taper S+ option at 6.7 FCM. Despite all this, I still think the PX 6.5 were giving me the best results, and I wonder if it has more to do with it killing spin than anything else due to being slightly stiffer than the counterparts..

The ponder continues. I need to get back out there with those shafts.

I can't remember exactly what my numbers were, I think they were 88 5-4-4-5

I got recommended x100s project x 6.5 and KBS Tour xstiff.

Hit them all the KBS felt the best.

I never looked at the screen for some reason.

~Joseph~
via Tapatalk

I really need to do this again, it's amazing the info it spits out!

Does the Optimizer never recommend PXi shafts? Just curious because I know they have them in the fitting cart but I never seem to see the optimizer recommend them.

Does the Optimizer never recommend PXi shafts? Just curious because I know they have them in the fitting cart but I never seem to see the optimizer recommend them.

It does. Not as often as some others, but it certainly does.

Canadan I'm surprised that the 6.0 for you.

With your driver shaft choices I would figure them working to well.

I've hit the 6.0 in the XHOT pros and don't feel they perform for me.

Canadan I'm surprised that the 6.0 for you.

With your driver shaft choices I would figure them working to well.

I've hit the 6.0 in the XHOT pros and don't feel they perform for me.

I think it's kind of a double whammy buddy.. It's considering my tempo and my swing speed, but not really considering my attack on the ball I don't think, else it'd never tell me to soft step KBS X (IMO).

The MSO seems to be a really good benchmark to get started, but I really don't think it's flawless in offerings. It's a tough call.

I think it's kind of a double whammy buddy.. It's considering my tempo and my swing speed, but not really considering my attack on the ball I don't think, else it'd never tell me to soft step KBS X (IMO).

The MSO seems to be a really good benchmark to get started, but I really don't think it's flawless in offerings. It's a tough call.

Ok that makes sense to me then. I know I have only seen you swing a couple clubs on the range but couldn't see these handling your attack.

I felt like the club head was twisting on me today when I hit the 6.0 in the XHot pros and the foresight was showing a slight fade and I was lacking distance. I don't remember the #'s as I was just hitting for fun.

Ok that makes sense to me then. I know I have only seen you swing a couple clubs on the range but couldn't see these handling your attack.

I felt like the club head was twisting on me today when I hit the 6.0 in the XHot pros and the foresight was showing a slight fade and I was lacking distance. I don't remember the #'s as I was just hitting for fun.

There's a pretty healthy difference between the PX graphite and the PX steel (as well as the PXi and PXv that you were hitting today). What you might be experiencing in PXv graphite is kind of surprising, but it's probably timing and things firing at the wrong time. Goes a step further on suggesting that there's a right shaft for everyone along with PLENTY of wrong ones haha!

The 6.0 steel is plenty shaft for me, it just launches higher for me as opposed to the 6.5, which seemed to penetrate better and get more distance. What I am trying to bridge right now is whether I can move into 6.5 without coughing up too much feedback, leaving me extremely interested in the PXi offerings vs the standard PX.

I actually feel the same way about the new PXv. The 6.0 is probably fine, but I love the penetrating flight I get out of the 6.5. I've had to adjust my setup because it's so straight haha! If it's a reduction in let's say 5 yards on all shots but guarantees straighter, more accurate shots, why wouldn't I go for it?!

There's a pretty healthy difference between the PX graphite and the PX steel (as well as the PXi and PXv that you were hitting today). What you might be experiencing in PXv graphite is kind of surprising, but it's probably timing and things firing at the wrong time. Goes a step further on suggesting that there's a right shaft for everyone along with PLENTY of wrong ones haha!

The 6.0 steel is plenty shaft for me, it just launches higher for me as opposed to the 6.5, which seemed to penetrate better and get more distance. What I am trying to bridge right now is whether I can move into 6.5 without coughing up too much feedback, leaving me extremely interested in the PXi offerings vs the standard PX.

I actually feel the same way about the new PXv. The 6.0 is probably fine, but I love the penetrating flight I get out of the 6.5. I've had to adjust my setup because it's so straight haha! If it's a reduction in let's say 5 yards on all shots but guarantees straighter, more accurate shots, why wouldn't I go for it?!

Ok makes sense to me now. I am trying to keep all the info I am gathering from this place straight and am doing a relatively poor job at it most of the time, but its getting better.

You are correct it was the PXv In steel I was hitting and I completely forgot about the v.

Well I'd definitely go with the straighter ball flight for sure especially at the cost of say 5yds especially if dispersion is better and yardages more consistent.

Ok makes sense to me now. I am trying to keep all the info I am gathering from this place straight and am doing a relatively poor job at it most of the time, but its getting better.

You are correct it was the PXv In steel I was hitting and I completely forgot about the v.

Well I'd definitely go with the straighter ball flight for sure especially at the cost of say 5yds especially if dispersion is better and yardages more consistent.

Oh man, you were talking about the irons eh? WHOOPS!! I think many of the X Hot pro irons are coming with PX '95' no? I've got you all wonky now, that's my bad.

Foresight is an interesting bird.. Did you hit a couple different setups? Have you ever been fit for irons? Are you better off playing an upright club? That could easily turn a fade into a draw on foresight.

Oh man, you were talking about the irons eh? WHOOPS!! I think many of the X Hot pro irons are coming with PX '95' no? I've got you all wonky now, that's my bad.

Foresight is an interesting bird.. Did you hit a couple different setups? Have you ever been fit for irons? Are you better off playing an upright club? That could easily turn a fade into a draw on foresight.

Yeah the demo irons dicks had, had 6.0's in them and I believe you were right on the PXv.

I did I hit the amp cell and Rocketbladez after I hit wedges. Yeah my ci11's are a 1/2 long so that could be it to, but the tx flighted I don't think are the best shaft. Except I seemed to hit the bladez and cell straighter the cell was higher but not by much over the pros and the bladez 7 was a bit lower but to be expected.

Back