Shaft ratchet tool

JW Smoove

Waffles, always waffles
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
🧇
Is there any significant difference?

I have a couple Callaway tools, used them on a ping driver without issue.

Can I use same on a TEE driver?

Is there any significant difference?

I have a couple Callaway tools, used them on a ping driver without issue.

Can I use same on a TEE driver?
Yes you can.

Which company had the weird one, thinking Wilson as I didn’t have the ear splitting Triton in play for too long.

Which company had the weird one, thinking Wilson as I didn’t have the ear splitting Triton in play for too long.

Srixon until the newest driver was square.

Nope not Wilson.

Now it’s really stuck in my head.

Most have moved to the same Torx head, some of mine are actually a torque wrench, tighten till it goes click

Thanks everyone. The Callaway is a torque wench, it clicks.

I guess I was wondering if different brands had different torque settings?

I think the whole industry moved to standardize on Torx T25 bolt tightened to 40 inch pounds. Unfortunately, many click types from manufactures are all over the map. I tested one callaway that clicked at 50 inch pounds. I decided to buy a calibrated wrench so I don't over stretch the threads or worse, snap the bolt. I chose to buy a calibrated wrench from SEEKONK.

Attachments

• 33118.jpeg
    33118.jpeg
    216.4 KB · Views: 13
Good information thanks.

The two that I have, a Callaway and a Titleist, break w/in an inch-pound or so of one another.

I think the whole industry moved to standardize on Torx T25 bolt tightened to 40 inch pounds. Unfortunately, many click types from manufactures are all over the map. I tested one callaway that clicked at 50 inch pounds. I decided to buy a calibrated wrench so I don't over stretch the threads or worse, snap the bolt. I chose to buy a calibrated wrench from SEEKONK.
I have wondered about the calibration of the wrenches and their tolerances... the difference between my TaylorMade and Cobra wrenches feels significant but I haven’t measured.

I use an old ass Nike wrench. :ROFLMAO:

I worked in the aero engine industry for 30 years and the torque setting for a 1/4” thread was 40 inch pounds, revised to 55 for certain later engine variants. I’d say the screw thread on most drivers are around that size so the comments I’ve seen relating to 40-50 inch pounds for most wrenches are correct. The only difference I could note is the bolts in my line of work were coated in oil prior to tightening. Never put grease on a thread requiring a torque setting, this reduces friction and will definitely lead to stretching the bolt due to over tightening to achieve the required torque.

I believe it's a good idea to retorque the bolts every 500 or so swings. I'm actually thinking of adding a M4 split washer but it will take away 1.2mm of thread engagement (about 2 threads??) once compressed. I doubt it's significant. I believe there's enough clearance to accommodate the outside diameter. It's an extra measure to resist loosening.

Back