Shortening irons shafts

kuyaariel

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Good afternoon. I just bought a set of Fourteen PC 555 irons. Looking at the specs, they are about a full club stronger than norm. The pw is 36", 42*.

I'm thinking about shortening the shafts half an inch to bring it down more to standard length. I know I will have to put tip weights on these. Probably around 6g. I've probably build or rebuilt about 50 sets of irons or so, using tip weights on some so I have experience.

My question is, will shortening and adding tip weights to this particular set mess up the intended design? I mean, the loft of the pw will still be 42* (I don't intend on changing the lofts)

The specs on the irons are here...

http://www.fourteengolf.com/products/26/pc555/

If you are only shortening a 1/2 inch, and based on your propensity to switch, I would highly recommend against it.

Propensity to switch? Oh yeah, forgot about that! BTW, playing Bella Colina this Saturday am. First round of golf since I got married in September!

If you are only shortening a 1/2 inch, and based on your propensity to switch, I would highly recommend against it.

Oh crap... Unfortunately I don't click on too many links that aren't golf club related or in the marketplace... Now that I'm an Albatross Member I'll be sure to watch out for these... Also, for the longest time my swing was so bad it wasn't meant to be seen by the public!!

I was actually invited to play that day, sort of an informal tournament.

Good afternoon. I just bought a set of Fourteen PC 555 irons. Looking at the specs, they are about a full club stronger than norm. The pw is 36", 42*.

I'm thinking about shortening the shafts half an inch to bring it down more to standard length. I know I will have to put tip weights on these. Probably around 6g. I've probably build or rebuilt about 50 sets of irons or so, using tip weights on some so I have experience.

My question is, will shortening and adding tip weights to this particular set mess up the intended design? I mean, the loft of the pw will still be 42* (I don't intend on changing the lofts)

The specs on the irons are here...

http://www.fourteengolf.com/products/26/pc555/

WOW! My PW is 49 degrees and 35 inches in length (standard length was 35.5"). All three of my wedges are 35 inches. From there, thru my irons, each club goes up 0.5 inches per club. In short, my irons are a 1/2 less than standard and I did nothing other than butt trim and re-grip. I can still feel the heads in my swing and that is all that matters to me.

Why not just grip down half inch/testing first before you go cutting and adding weight?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got them today. Will try that

Back