You'll want to update the courses on the watch because of the new layup feature.
I updated the firmware and courses but didn’t see the layup yardages on the hazard screen. Any ideas?

I'm pumped for the layup feature (assuming it works as advertised). Not sure if other GPS units do this, but I bet they will soon if they don't. I continue to be very pleased with the ShotScope watch and tracking. I will throw this out there though, does anyone else sometimes find it difficult to get the app and watch to connect? I often have to try to connect multiple times, and occasionally it'll get to like 75% and then connection drops. More of a nuisance than any kind of real negative, but wondered if it's possibly just my unit.

I'm pumped for the layup feature (assuming it works as advertised). Not sure if other GPS units do this, but I bet they will soon if they don't. I continue to be very pleased with the ShotScope watch and tracking. I will throw this out there though, does anyone else sometimes find it difficult to get the app and watch to connect? I often have to try to connect multiple times, and occasionally it'll get to like 75% and then connection drops. More of a nuisance than any kind of real negative, but wondered if it's possibly just my unit.
Haven't run into this problem yet...hopefully I don't lol

2) when I get near the green and the watch switches over to putting mode it misses capturing my chip shot. So I have to add my chips post round which can be up to 5-6 shots.
I've never had an issue with chip shots not being picked up while the Pin Collect screen is showing, never had to add one. Check that you aren't choking down to much such that the tag isn't being sensed. I think if the club is sensed it will show on the watch even if the Pin Collect screen is shown. Not having to add any missed chip shots over probably 180 rounds (unless I chunk one and it doesn't travel enough to be differentiated from a practice swing) has me convinced that I don't even need to check if the club I am chipping with has been recognized.

My only gripe is that sometimes I can be in the center of the green and it is still showing a distance instead of the Pin Collect Screen.

I've never had an issue with chip shots not being picked up while the Pin Collect screen is showing, never had to add one. Check that you aren't choking down to much such that the tag isn't being sensed. I think if the club is sensed it will show on the watch even if the Pin Collect screen is shown. Not having to add any missed chip shots over probably 180 rounds (unless I chunk one and it doesn't travel enough to be differentiated from a practice swing) has me convinced that I don't even need to check if the club I am chipping with has been recognized.

My only gripe is that sometimes I can be in the center of the green and it is still showing a distance instead of the Pin Collect Screen.
You are correct. It will show up even if the pin collect screen is on. In reference to the distance instead of the Pin Collect Screen I haven't had that happen yet either.

Never thought of that. I choke down to the bottom of the grip on almost every chip. But having said that before the chip I always take a practice swing. I figured it would register that way. Maybe not

I figured it would register that way. Maybe not
Depending on where you wear the watch on your arm (maybe farther up as opposed to right at the wrist?) it could be too far from the tag. Maybe grip the club at the top of the grip, check that it was "sensed", then choke down?

Depending on where you wear the watch on your arm (maybe farther up as opposed to right at the wrist?) it could be too far from the tag. Maybe grip the club at the top of the grip, check that it was "sensed", then choke down?
I’ll have to try that. Most of the time though it’s in green mode being that close to the green. How do you know if it senses it ?

I’ll have to try that. Most of the time though it’s in green mode being that close to the green. How do you know if it senses it ?
It will show up where your "P" on the green mode.

How do you know if it senses it
Make sure that in Settings on your watch, in the "show Club" setting, it is enabled. Then, like @ttucliffhanger said, the club you are chipping with will be where the "P" normally is shown when putting.

Make sure that in Settings on your watch, in the "show Club" setting, it is enabled. Then, like @ttucliffhanger said, the club you are chipping with will be where the "P" normally is shown when putting.
Ok. I’ll check. I know the show club is enabled.

Is there a way without resetting the watch? Tried unsubscribing and then re-subscribe. Didn't work.

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

Is there a way without resetting the watch? Tried unsubscribing and then re-subscribe. Didn't work.

It's possible the actual info from the course itself has not been updated, right?

I have now played 2 different courses since the firmware update and have yet to see the layup yardages show.
I did I even unsubscribed and re subscribed and it made no difference

I'll be playing tomorrow, first time since the update, so I'll be able to see if it works on mine then. You may want to shoot support an email and see what they have to say. https://support.shotscope.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I did I even unsubscribed and re subscribed and it made no difference
You need to sign out of the app, not just close and re-open it. The courses that have been updated will then show that an update is available. I had trouble updating multiple courses getting a quick "flash" where all the courses listed as having updates disappeared when I hit "sync" or I got a server error message. So I unsubscribed from every course I had subscribed to and went back and re-subscribed one at a time then each shoed and u pdate was available and I synced succesfully.

the worst thing about this watch is forgetting it at home. 😕
That's why when I used mine before Arccos, I left it plugged in in the truck. First 3 rounds after I purchased it I forgot it at home. :facepalm:

In a 9-hole round today, my new (replacement) V3 detected every club and every shot correctly! WOO HOO!!!!!!

Back