Manuel mode works well for me. I use a blast motion thing (baseball version...it's bigger than the golf one) for both my arccos and my shot scope tag on the end of my grip. I have a wide Flat Cat and it holds it fine.

This is only a guess based on shots I've taken NOT registering. Once a club has been sensed, it only determines a shot has taken place by a new GPS location some undefined distance from the previous one. It doesn't require a new club choice just a new location. I base this on the fact that duffed shots, shots left in the bunker that don't travel very far, or shots up a slope that come back practically to my feet are not seen as shots having taken place. I have no idea what that distance might be, and I wish I knew.

I don't think vibration, or sound, or acceleration for example have anything to do with it.

(y) Spot on! I believe the distance is around 5+ yards.

I got my V3 today. I setup my bag. I started looking for courses to play tomorrow when that got nixed. Guess I’ll play my first round with it on Sunday.

Looks like I’ll be joining you guys on tracking my performance!

983A0823-0A67-4C06-8B98-CB0FA289FDA1.jpeg

Oh yeah!
20211225_134001.jpg

You guys should quit playing the same hole from the same spot. We get it, you’re playing without other THP’ers 🙃

First round in the books. I’ll have to email support later. My course scorecard wasn’t in the system and one of the holes had a different par rating. I thought I corrected it but it’s still showing as a par 3 instead of a par 4.

I like this so much better than my old tracker. The distances on my wrist is part of that as is the display of the club it thinks I’m hitting. If I have any doubt the sensor was read I can just look down. I had 2 corrections to make. I’m not sure what caused the false readings, maybe I was a little rough putting my club back in the bag or maybe I thumped the fairway while using my club as a walking stick.

Can’t wait to get enough rounds for thedata to start piling up.

My flier 183 yard 8 iron today is going to skew my stats a bit, like that cart path 5 iron I had a couple weeks ago.

My V3 arrived yesterday. I'm going to get it set up in the next day or so and hope to use it Friday (it's supposed to be 48* and there is no snow on the gorund).

Friday round incoming v3 maiden voyage. No arccos no rangefinder for this one to see how I do with just the watch.

Used my V3 watch for the first time today and really loved it. Was kind of skeptical how I would feel about playing with a watch on my left wrist (always wore a watch on my right wrist because do everything LH except golf and haven't worn one at all since I retired 4 years ago) while swinging a club but no issues at all. Really enjoyed just looking at my wrist to get a number very quickly, select a club and swing away. Have always used a rangefinder as my distance measuring device and definitely found the watch to be quicker and easier.

Did not enable the tracking today since it was my first time playing in about 4 months. Will likely start that up next week after I get a few more rounds in and get my swing somewaht back to normal.

today, we had a couple of issues that turned out to be nothing after i checked but it gave me the impression the round was off...i started out not playing well and was in the rough that bordered the adjacent fairway and when i go to the green i was playing (1st hole), i saw that it said i was on the 17th hole...it switched holes a few times like that during the round but the shot tracking still seemed to be fine. it missed a couple of shots but far less than i thought since it was "jumping holes"...

Last edited:
Had an opportunity to use the V3 yesterday since weather in NY was in the 40s. It did ok tracking but for some reason it missed like 5 second shots of mine, then picked up on the 3rd shot. Caused my data to have a few 350 yard drives. Felt like Bryson reviewing my data.

but the editing tool is very easy to use, and sadly needed to adjust my drives back down to the 200 yard range.

Despite the slight drizzle yesterday, it was in the mid-40s so I was able to try out my V3 for the first time. The only real "con" (aside from my lousy playing ;)) was that it took about 5 minutes to locate the GPS. If that isn't a high class (i.e. first world) problem, I don't know what is, LOL. Otherwise, it worked like a charm.

1. Based on input from this thread, I was careful to hold the sensor to my watch band and look to make sure that it picked the correct club. I forgot to do this once in 5 holes and it picked up the right club anyway.
  2. As I put using the arm lock method, I decided to go with the manual putting mode (no sensor in my putter), which was really easy to execute. I think that I'd probably use it with a standard putter as I really felt like using this mode made me really pay attention to where I was on the green.
  3. I am not going to edit/signoff on this round, but rather delete it given the fact that the course tee to green was wet and my full swings were really poor (particularly on the first two holes) because I didn't warm up.
So far, I am really pleased and looking forward to using it in the Spring for Tracking purposes. Until then, I'll probably stick to GPS only for any day that I am able to get out. Thanks in particular to all of you power users for your tips and guidance....keep it coming!

The only real "con" (aside from my lousy playing ;)) was that it took about 5 minutes to locate the GPS.
That is more than likely a "first time" thing. I've noticed with mine, playing the same course day-to-day, that on consecutive days it seems to synch to GPS quicker, like jus a minute or so if that, than it does if I haven't played there for a few days or more.

Better late than never :) I've put 5 rounds on my V3 and absolutely love it. Prior to winning the V3, I used an older basic Garmin GPS watch. So, this was definitely an upgrade for me.

What I love about this watch is that I now truly know my club distances. I would guess which club I needed when I used my Garmin and was wrong 50% of the time. When I get home and download my round I can actually see where I was short or when I needed to use a completely different club. It's very eye opening and humbling experience the first time I looked at my stats.

I will say, editing a round can be difficult if you don't do it right away. With my memory, I have about an hour after I get home to actually remember what I did on that hole. So, immediate action is necessary on my part to correct errors. I do find that if I tap the end of my club (where the device is) to my watch sensor, I have less shots to edit. That being said, I do wear my watch on my left wrist but it didn't always pick up my club prior to that.

Using the GPS at my home course takes about 2mins to find, so I just press and go once we have our bags on the cart ready to start our round.

Overall, I absolutely love this watch and can't wait to get more rounds on it so I can really dial in my distances and issues with my game.

I have 3 rounds recorded on my ShotScope V3. I’ve switched between auto and manual putting modes. I don’t always take practice swings so I found a bunch of 2.0 ft. putts in my round after the fact. Manual mode seems to be a better fit for me. It has the side benefit of letting me know that I captured as accurate data as possible.

The watch is very comfortable. I know @Canadan mentioned it in the podcast, but it’s worth repeating. It’s light and grippy enough that it doesn’t move much throughout the round. It doesn’t move at all in my swing.

Leaderboards were a bit of an issue. I have a ticket in with SS and they’re working it. I have to set my handicap to a full number (17.0) rather than my actual 17.4. Once that workaround was found I noticed another issue. We got some bombers on the THP leaderboards. We have some folks who are pretty good at the short game too. It’s actually pretty impressive and it’s going to give me a little push to work on my short game.

Reading through all of the experiences above, it has just occurred to me that the questions at the next live are going to get tougher.
True, but more and more of us are liking the idea of getting one. ;)

Typically, how long does the charge on the watch last if you aren't using it on the golf course? Mine lasts less than 2 days before it is dead.
Whereas my Garmin can last 2 or more weeks.

Are there any plans for a non watch based tracker for the tags? I have a Garmin S62 which is superior to the SS watch but everything else SS is superior from what I can see.

Reading through all of the experiences above, it has just occurred to me that the questions at the next live are going to get tougher.
Once the Fringe Lunatics get our hands on something watch out :p

Are there any plans for a non watch based tracker for the tags? I have a Garmin S62 which is superior to the SS watch but everything else SS is superior from what I can see.

do essplain

do essplain
The screen and display are amazing, I can play four 18 hole rounds on a single charge. It shows visual overviews of each hole and I can zoom in to specific areas of the fairway, hole, whatever on the hole I’m on.

On top of golf I can swim in it (which I do), get sleep stats, Pulse OX info (it’s not medical grade though) and lots of other multi sport stuff I don’t personally use. It’s far more versatile than the SS watch. As I’ve mentioned though even with my 14 CT10 club trackers it lacks almost everywhere compared to SS golf data post round. Also the pin selector on each hole seems easier than what I have to do with my Garmin.

Back