Shot Scope X5 Watch

Promising results last night putting 2.1.13 in play. 👍

That's the same thing I came in to say.

I played with the new firmware and it worked just fine.

I also ended up playing once earlier in the previous firmware and for the first time I think I also didn't have any issues.

It looks like we're getting some resolution - and the new previous distance for the clubs thing is magical.
New previous distance? How did it change. Before you just touched the name of the club and it brought it up. What do you do now?

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I am now convinced my unit is faulty.
Updated to new firmware. Played tonight. Took ages to find a gps signal (about 4 holes) then kept dropping signal.
Playing partner with an X5 had quick gps lock and no dropped signals.
The odd thing was after a few times of it dropping and not seeming to connect, I took the watch off and then it connected quickly. Pretty much as soon as I put it back on it lost signal again. Tried and repeated this a few times.
I have done a factory re set tonight with a hope it will work ok tomorrow. If not I will be needing a replacement I think.

I am now convinced my unit is faulty.
Updated to new firmware. Played tonight. Took ages to find a gps signal (about 4 holes) then kept dropping signal.
Playing partner with an X5 had quick gps lock and no dropped signals.
The odd thing was after a few times of it dropping and not seeming to connect, I took the watch off and then it connected quickly. Pretty much as soon as I put it back on it lost signal again. Tried and repeated this a few times.
I have done a factory re set tonight with a hope it will work ok tomorrow. If not I will be needing a replacement I think.
Are you wearing the watch face up(normal way) and did not modify the wrist straps? Those two things will cause the unit to malfunction. Learned that recently at the data experience and wanted to make sure it wasn't either of those.

I've had multiple times using manual putting that it works fine the first 9, then the second nine defaults to 2 putts when I walk on the green. Even happened when I chipped in and never went near the sensor on the putter. I think @Junkyard has had the same issue also.
Yes, most of my rounds when it switches to pin collect mode for the second nine the putt count starts at 2 instead of 0. And since there is no minus button I lose the ability to mark the location of my putts or record a 1 putt. I suppose I could use the function and just mark putts 3, 4 and 5 and delete the default 2 post-round but that's just a workaround.
The other issue I have been having is due to the sensitivity of the screen sometimes I will go to click the plus button to record a putt but it marks the pin instead and exits putting mode.
I'm more concerned about the putt countstarting at 2 putts than I am the second issue.

Excited the bugs are getting worked out because that means we can get to the super exciting feature of full hole view.

The one issue I have always had with ss is needed a second app to view the hole for new courses I have not played before.

I truly can not wait for the feature so I can leave my phone in the car!!

Downloaded the new firmware at the office before heading out for an after-work 9. Synced up with satellites quick, no issues with the force close glove button push, was able to pick out some layup yardages, and the only post-round edits came from deleting some practice swings with clubs I changed my mind on. Loving this X5.

That error means you didn't enter your score on the hole

@GavinwithaR1 I just started a a round and when asked if I wanted scoring I said NO. I’m on the fourth hole and It’s asked me to enter my score after every hole. Second time this has happened. Not a huge deal but wanted to mention it
Did you go into settings and disable scoring? That is what I did and have never been asked about it once at the course.

That error means you didn't enter your score on the hole

Nope…don’t mean that one…the white stripe in the grey area at the bottom of the screen, through ‘H7 P4’ …

Nope…don’t mean that one…the white stripe in the grey area at the bottom of the screen, through ‘H7 P4’ …
Isn’t that Hole 7 Par 4?

Did you go into settings and disable scoring? That is what I did and have never been asked about it once at the course.
No. I realize I could disable it through settings however when starting a round it asks you Scoring Yes or No right after you select GPS + Track I believe.

If there is a prompt it should disable it for that round only I would think without having to go into settings

I guess I’m not sure what the white line means

It doesn't mean anything, looks like it's a problem with the screen in that area of the face.

Doesn’t mean anything…it’s a malfunction in the screen…
Ok, so not an error code. That’s what I thought you meant. Does it cause any issues or it’s just a nuisance?

I have a question/comment for Shot Scope. I wore my X5 Tuesday at Ballyhack but didn't use any of the putting functions. At the conclusion of the round my battery was in the mid-30s (35% IIRC) and I turned the device off. The watch rode around in the console of my truck (with the button side up so no accidental touches) until I took it into the house last night to update the firmware prior to today's scheduled golf. When I turned the device on, my battery level was at zero. I'm just curious: how does this happen? By my way of thinking if the device is turned off it should be using no power from the battery.

Is there a way to combine rounds on the dashboard? Similarly to how GHIN does for a score? I play a 9 hole league where we alternate front and back each week. However when looking at course performance it says its only for complete rounds and doesn't give me that course analysis info I can only look at each individual round performance.

Is there a way to combine rounds on the dashboard? Similarly to how GHIN does for a score? I play a 9 hole league where we alternate front and back each week. However when looking at course performance it says its only for complete rounds and doesn't give me that course analysis info I can only look at each individual round performance.
That's a great question and would be a good feature to add if not.

New previous distance? How did it change. Before you just touched the name of the club and it brought it up. What do you do now?

Maybe it didn't change and i just didn't know about it until it was posted on the forum.

All i know is that it is helping me find blind shots.

Quick answer, no. Shot Scope can combine a round that somehow got split, but I'm not sure if they can combine two 9-hole rounds that far apart. Ask support.

Back