Shot Scope X5 Watch

9 holes later today for my maiden voyage. Sounds like the latest update has been a big step in the right direction so hoping for good things in my first go

9 tonight, tomorrow night then 18 on Saturday, Sunday so more and more data.

This is why I need to find a club to join, I need more golf. Do have 18 scheduled Sunday.

Second round on the new firmware, all is great except for what I had mention a week or two ago. At random today, the swipe up to unlock icon kept blinking after about 7 holes into the round. gps distances still update and such so watch seems to still “work” but it definitely doesn’t pick up putts when this happens. Also missed 1-2 chips around the green. About 5-6 holes later it stopped blinking and worked without problems but then it happened again for holes 17-18. Also when this happens, when I’m on the green it does change to pin collect screen but I’m unable to tap on anything on the screen to add putts, it always defaults to pickup.

View attachment 9182178

Quick follow up - reached out to SS support regarding this. They're swapping watches as they suspect it to be a "stuck crown button" causing the unlock symbol to appear. As expected, great support from SS!

Browns Run Golf Course
Hole 4 Par 4
Sharp Dogleg Left to a green with a valley
IMG_9912.jpeg
IMG_9913.jpeg
IMG_9914.jpeg
Trap on the corner will punish less than perfect tee shots so it’s crucial to avoid.
IMG_9916.jpeg
Poor sky ball tee shot left me with a waist high ball to hit into the green.
IMG_9918.jpeg
But technically I’m not in.
IMG_9920.jpeg
Hit a massive hook 9i due to lie leaving a short pitch into the middle of green.
IMG_9921.jpeg
IMG_9922.jpeg
**Above done strictly to show features. Not a regular part of game from that close as would rate up there with lasered yardage.**

Can see the benefit of this feature when aiming at tiers on the green as it would allow for more precise calculations to make sure to climb or stay below the ridge.

Browns Run Golf Course
Hole 4 Par 4
Sharp Dogleg Left to a green with a valley
View attachment 9183423
View attachment 9183425
View attachment 9183426
Trap on the corner will punish less than perfect tee shots so it’s crucial to avoid.
View attachment 9183427
Poor sky ball tee shot left me with a waist high ball to hit into the green.
View attachment 9183428
But technically I’m not in.
View attachment 9183429
Hit a massive hook 9i due to lie leaving a short pitch into the middle of green.
View attachment 9183431
View attachment 9183432
**Above done strictly to show features. Not a regular part of game from that close as would rate up there with lasered yardage.**

Can see the benefit of this feature when aiming at tiers on the green as it would allow for more precise calculations to make sure to climb or stay below the ridge.

I know @JB loves lasered pitching distances. He is sure to love the moving the flag from 21 yards out 😂

X5 worked perfect tonight. Found the course in seconds. Picked up every tag. Played with it unlocked and had no issues doing that. The only thing that was off was it was in 24 time even though I selected 12 hour multiple times. Not a huge deal. I’ll reset it and see what happens
IMG_1564.jpeg

I’m pumped to see folks are starting to have the same experiences I’ve had with the X5. The beauty of honest feedback. Shot Scope has listened to us and improved the X5 in so many ways, in such a short time.

Have any of yinz started to dive into the stats/metrics available through the dashboard?

I’m pumped to see folks are starting to have the same experiences I’ve had with the X5. The beauty of honest feedback. Shot Scope has listened to us and improved the X5 in so many ways, in such a short time.

Have any of yinz started to dive into the stats/metrics available through the dashboard?

Dashboard stats are amazing. From knowing where the overall weaknesses in your game are, to individual holes on courses you play that you struggle on and may need to adjust something to play it better.

Busy weekend for golf. I'm loving it. Hoping to get a 3rd round in this weekend for the week. Loving the x5 so much.

When I synced the round it did say there was an error but then about 3 seconds later it showed up for editing. So not sure what that’s about but the round is there and a quick edit on a few shots and we’re done ✅

Hoping maaaaaybe we get that next firmware to fix the iOS problems before the weekend, but not expecting it. After Sunday I can't play again until June 19th due to a cruise. Would be nice to have a least one functioning round out of my X5 before then.

Hoping maaaaaybe we get that next firmware to fix the iOS problems before the weekend, but not expecting it. After Sunday I can't play again until June 19th due to a cruise. Would be nice to have a least one functioning round out of my X5 before then.
What are the iOS problems? Typically most apps work better with iOS than Android in my experience. I haven’t noticed any major issues with my iPhone 11

Unfortunately, too many missed shots and jacked up putting results for any data I'd really trust at this point. Getting closer though.

Played with it today and had a weird situation that I wonder if anyone else has experienced.

I played with it unlocked just because I find that the unlock method does not always work properly or smoothly swiping the screen.

On my eighth hole today for some reason by drive was not picked up and I had multiple times during that hole where on the screen it would pop up asking me do I want to change holes and showing a list of the holes. Every time I canceled it or press the hole that I was on, the same screen asking me to choose the hole would pop back up. eventually it settled down and seemed to work after pressing it multiple times and hitting a short with another club.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

What are the iOS problems? Typically most apps work better with iOS than Android in my experience. I haven’t noticed any major issues with my iPhone 11

My X5 has tracked six non-consecutive holes over about 8 rounds since I got it the week it came out. GPS usually works, tracking does not. Known issue for small number of iOS users. (I'm on a 12Pro with latest iOS.)

My X5 has tracked six non-consecutive holes over about 8 rounds since I got it the week it came out. GPS usually works, tracking does not. Known issue for small number of iOS users. (I'm on a 12Pro with latest iOS.)
Not sure if I understand the connection you are making between the tracking and the app. The app is not used during play. The app is only used to move the data captured by the watch to the server. It can also be used to edit rounds and view data. What am I missing?

Not sure if I understand the connection you are making between the tracking and the app. The app is not used during play. The app is only used to move the data captured by the watch to the server. It can also be used to edit rounds and view data. What am I missing?

It's a firmware issue or something tied to the iOS or app. They're working on it. I'm just one of the rare, lucky few...

I tried to use the watch today and I am not sure it is for me. I haven’t uploaded the data yet but I am pretty sure I didn’t get what I was looking for out of it. I couldn’t seem to get it to show me distances to hazards and I didn’t like having to go to the watch for stuff all the time. It also doesn’t help that it is hard for me to read without reading glasses.

I am going to re-read the directions and give it a few more rounds before I give up on it.

3 new data sets and this thing is a beast! also the UI and tech on editing round after is amazing as well. Very quality product and only thing I would change is scrolling fluidity.

These aren't great in the rain! 🤣
No touchscreen device is great in the rain. My Apple Watch becomes basically useless if I have wet/sweaty fingers too.

.....only thing I would change is scrolling fluidity.
I find it extremely sensitive when in watch mode, and you want to use anything in Settings or to use Shutdown, not so much in golf mode. That is why I went to using it unlocked. Much easier to use the crown button to scroll through screens than experience the frustration of swiping multiple times to get results.

Back