Shot Scope X5 Watch

I can hit my driver that far, too. I just have to hit it twice!
I got about 25 yards help. Got a good bounce on a downhill spot in the fairway.

I got about 25 yards help. Got a good bounce on a downhill spot in the fairway.
There is no room for narrative on the scorecard or your watch! Shhhh! For all we knew, it could have been all carry! :)

You do have to "mark". Assuming Manual is used without a putter tag, there would be no way to know a shot with the putter was taken from off the green without "marking" it.
Even with a putter tag you still have to mark them? Good to know

No. If you have the putter tag in, it will read it. I have the tag in mine and use manual putting. If I putt from off the green, it reads the putt automatically.

No. If you have the putter tag in, it will read it. I have the tag in mine and use manual putting. If I putt from off the green, it reads the putt automatically.
Thanks! Good to know. I've got the putter tag installed, use Manual putting, and still use the Pin Collect screen to mark my putt from off the green. I guess it works either way, as I don't get any duplicates or anything.

Edited first round using manual mode. And to be honest I saw no real difference between auto and manual. I am going back to manual so it is just one less step for me.

Thanks! Good to know. I've got the putter tag installed, use Manual putting, and still use the Pin Collect screen to mark my putt from off the green. I guess it works either way, as I don't get any duplicates or anything.
Tried adding putts off the green today on the pin screen and it worked well, it automatically didn't count them as putts. Then got the back 9 and same problem. Tried making them still, thinking I could just delete the extra ones, but none of them were actually distances, just 4 or 2'.

Thank you to @GavinwithaR1 with the replacement watch. Shot Scope has always been top notch with customer service. The plan is to test out the replacement at Eagle Point in Wilmington in a few days. @Carolina Dundee is a regular out there

18 holes with a cart. About 4:40
View attachment 9185496

Started my round today at 100% after charging all night. Ended the round with 55%, 18 holes taking about 4.5 hours. Missed a couple shots as usual but nothing huge. GPS was lost once on hole 8, but still picked up those shots.

@Iceman! from your description it sounds like you are in manual putting mode on the X5. When I used manual for putting last round the putting count started at 0 and I had to hit the + sign from each location i hit a putt and at the flag hit the flag button on the bottom to pin collect, like below:
View attachment 9185161

When i used Auto putting the count generally starts at 2 and I have to hit either the + or - button to adjust the number of putts I've taken when done putting and hit the pin collect button at the bottom. The difference is manual mode doesn't have the "minus" button.
View attachment 9185162
Just wanted to let you know that I got my watch in Auto Putting mode - It was hidden and didn't know to turn the top knob.
It worked flawlessly on Saturday.
Thanks for you and @Phil75070 help.

Just wanted to let you know that I got my watch in Auto Putting mode - It was hidden and didn't know to turn the top knob.

That’s awesome. Glad to hear it.

So, you were in Manual mode, thinking you were in Auto mode, and you weren't marking the location of each putt? You would get to the hole, use the "+" sign to increase the number of times you putted, then hit the checkmark to mark the hole location? Glad you found the problem, and it works for you! Now, you know you are not a bad putter, at least not as bad as you were being portrayed! :D Play well!

Late afternoon nine yesterday. I've settled in with the X5 and find it very easy to use on the course. Unlocked and manual putting are the way to go imo. I have consistently had to make a handful of edits after each round, but nothing crazy.

I do have one suggestions. When I chip in, can the watch please vibrate and give me a smiley face or something?

Not sure if this is the right thread or not, but is there a way to look at your club distance average for a single round? I know you can scroll hole by hole and see your distances.

Hey, just wanted to let you know I was playing around in the dashboard and figured this out with the caveat that if you played multiple rounds on the same day it won't work to that level. But you can get your club distances for a particular day. So if you know what round you want to look at, see what day it was played on, then in the club performance screen where you select the 2023, last 10, last 5, last 1, there is an option under last 1 for custom date. Just enter the date that round was played and it will give you all the stats for that day.

3h45 today 61% remaining I had less strokes today I'm thinking there must be something in the tag read that's using slightly more battery, shotscope reached out to me today and state that in gps track mode you should get 6-7 hours and in gps mode 8+ hours

Sent from my M2007J17G using Tapatalk

I started to dive into my dashboard stats a little this morning. My approach game is so bad. And I miss short. Even though I know I miss short. I’ll post a dive into my numbers soon.

Also - underrated aspect of the X5. It’s super durable. I’ve started to log an actual amount of rounds with it and it looks like it’s new out of the box still.

I started to dive into my dashboard stats a little this morning. My approach game is so bad. And I miss short. Even though I know I miss short. I’ll post a dive into my numbers soon.
Just understanding and breaking my ego to take more club has really helped. I have been past the pin more then I ever have recently.

Also - underrated aspect of the X5. It’s super durable. I’ve started to log an actual amount of rounds with it and it looks like it’s new out of the box still.
For me that was one of the reasons to buy it: The better strap. More comfortable, more durable and potentially better tag recognition. I always made the strap responsible for some missed shots, because the connection between strap and watch never was as solid as it is now with the x5. I was hoping shotscope would nail improvement in this area and I'm very happy with it!

Just understanding and breaking my ego to take more club has really helped. I have been past the pin more then I ever have recently.

Same here, and it is showing in my stats 40% short for 2023, 30% last 10, 24% last 5.

Disappointing as they advertised 2 rounds and my v3 got 2 rounds easily with tracking if played 36 same day.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

Disappointing as they advertised 2 rounds and my v3 got 2 rounds easily with tracking if played 36 same day.

Sent from my SM-S918W using Tapatalk

I’ve definitely made it through two rounds using the X5. Do you take a lot of practice swings? Gavin said that can drain the battery quickly.

I think if you are in Manual putting mode that is the case. Not sure.

I have played two rounds in Manual putting mode and it does seem more accurate, distance-wise. Based on Lou Stagner's analysis in his March 22 newsletter on the "Texas Wedge", I started using my putter much more often from off the green than I did last year and found that I have frequently had to add these shots during the editing process. When I decided to go manual, I took the tag out of my putter.

1. Would I be better off re-installing it for these types of shots? In other words, would SS identify the putter as being used from off the green?
  2. Should I treat these shots as though I had putted them from on the green using putt collect?
Any help/ suggestions would be appreciated.

Back