DataDude

I Hate LIV
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I am looking into starting to track my shots this year. Who already tracks their shots? What benefits are you seeing? What product do you use?

I use Arccos for my shot tracker ( I assume you mean by club distance tendencies and not a visual overlay of a shot trace or anything). I really like it. It keeps me honest about what club to use....the darn thing is typically correct...

Bought and used the Shot Scope V3 for the second half of this season. It is good for shot tracking and keeping stats. Lots of conversation on the V3 in the V3 thread. Mostly what I have found out is that I have been over estimating my distances on driver, 3 wood, and hybrid and that I rarely use my 7 iron. I was really surprised about the 7 iron. :LOL:

I'm going to give the Precision Pro Golf app a try this season.

If I make the switch to rad speed one length I’ll give arccos a try. Cant use the screw in version in my forge tecs. Builder used plugs in butt of shaft to adjust swing weight.

I use my Garmin watch. It misses a shot every once in a while and/or occasionally combines shots to give unusual readings, but they're easy enough to filter out. I have to go in afterward and tag which clubs I used (my watch isn't a purpose-made golf watch, it's a fitness watch with limited golf functions), but if I take the time to do that, the stats section of the app gives me a pretty good idea of my club distances.

It's not as simple as using Cobra Connect, Arccos, etc., and doesn't offer as many analytics as using those or some of the phone apps, but it's good enough for me and pretty minimal hassle while I'm playing.

I use thegrint because it's the most stat driven app I found, and track just about everything. I have arccos, and have used it some but I honestly change clubs too often to make good use of grip gps, and don't really worry about strokes gained as a metric. That's the biggest drawback of thegrint for some. No strokes gained. The benefits are honestly too many to remember in one sitting though.

The reality check is huge for improvement. No more 'I think' I hit this club this far. Or hit the many greens. With that club. Or get up and down from here so often. Etc. Etc. Perception bias goes out the window and you KNOW all those things. Whether you want to or like them or not. Let's you see who you are as a golfer, I think become more comfortable with it through knowing, and start getting a LOT smarter about game management. It's worth strokes plain and simple.

And one of the least utilized features, and often not known about (another member said they'd used it for years and didn't realize it was there yesterday) is hole history for each course. There are holes I swear I play well or vice versa and when I actually look it can be quite different. So much to be learned there.

Being able to track current trends against long term goals or past history is huge too. I realize by looking at the data things I've gotten lazy about and would never realize otherwise. And it's a great confidence boost to keep working on things when you can see the areas you've been applying yourself improve in the numbers.

I'm a stats guy in general and multi-task on course well so that app and their data presentation is just a really good fit for me.

The reality check is huge for improvement. No more 'I think' I hit this club this far. Or hit the many greens. With that club. Or get up and down from here so often. Etc. Etc. Perception bias goes out the window and you KNOW all those things. Whether you want to or like them or not.
That's what I'm hoping to get out of the Precision Pro Golf app. If their range finder turns out to be a good one, and hits my price point, it's integration with the app should provide even more useful insights.

I used to use Game Golf but it became less and less reliable I have recently made the switch to Arccos and wish I had done it much sooner. The data capture is excellent and it really lets you focus on where you need to improve.

I use Garmin and does enough to help me know my basic issues. So far I am pleased, but already knew where I was off anyway. My buddy uses Arccos and we found it to constantly be some sort of issue going on, but maybe he needs to upgrade or something.

I use golf pad. I use the pro version or the paid version to track all of my shots. Honestly I don't know what it benefits me other than I simply enjoy doing it, I like the gadgetry!

I am looking into starting to track my shots this year. Who already tracks their shots? What benefits are you seeing? What product do you use?
Shot Scope works awesome (y)

Shot Scope V3 and it has not only helped me in areas to improve, but how to set my bag.

That's what I'm hoping to get out of the Precision Pro Golf app. If their range finder turns out to be a good one, and hits my price point, it's integration with the app should provide even more useful insights.
Has anyone used the precision pro app yet when I search courses I find very few. Would enjoy a review of the app. Maybe it’s been done and I missed it.

Another ShotScope V3 user. After a ****show of a launch, they’ve got their act together and the product is now useable. I must admit, I don’t pour over my stats forensically, all they tell me is I need to improve everywhere. The distances are great though. There are some slightly surprising results in there. One of them being, what was once my favourite club, my heavenwood, is pretty much on a par distance wise with my hybrid, so it’s now almost redundant.

Big believer in shot tracking. I use Arccos.

The biggest benefit is to TRULY know your distancing of each club. Sometimes this becomes a harsh reality as to our mind seems to remember only the great long shots and not the other short shots with each club. 😆

Also, knowing you club data helps you to practice in your weaker areas.

Also, knowing you club data helps you to practice in your weaker areas.
That's precisely what I hope to accomplish--after I actually have weaker areas. They're mostly all pretty weak so far :ROFLMAO:

Arccos user here. I just bought two more sensors for extra clubs.

For me, it's about knowing true distances and understanding my usual shot selection compared to other ways I could be playing holes. I've even used it to plan out holes before playing a course for the first time. Absolutely worth it to me.

have used arccos for many years and don't see going away from it. Has helped me set my bag properly, and overall where to focus my practice. On the course it has helped me with club selection since I have a much better idea of how far I actually hit each club.

I tried golf pad without the tags. stopping to use phone to update location is a pain, and I don't usually keep phone in my pocket,
I'm going to try shot scope as I think the data would be good to have.

Garmin s62. So easy, no club tags. Just one button push sometime from when you shoot, until before the next swing.

I use thegrint because it's the most stat driven app
Shot Scope V3 and it has not only helped me in areas to improve,
And to others. I have never used these shot tracking apps and one of the reasons is I'm a big believer that tracking all sorts of stats while you are playing is counterproductive to good play. So can you input shots afterwards and not just GIR, putts etc.?

And to others. I have never used these shot tracking apps and one of the reasons is I'm a big believer that tracking all sorts of stats while you are playing is counterproductive to good play. So can you input shots afterwards and not just GIR, putts etc.?
The shot scope makes it so easy. The only thing I fiddle with during the round on the watch is pressing a button on the green to tell it how many putts I took. Usually some, but very little, editing required after the round once I download. The shot scope is not a hinderance to my play or my pace in any way. Great system.

And to others. I have never used these shot tracking apps and one of the reasons is I'm a big believer that tracking all sorts of stats while you are playing is counterproductive to good play.
That's what I intend to find out with the Precision Pro Golf app: Just how much "interference" will using it create?

So can you input shots afterwards and not just GIR, putts etc.?
How would it know where you were on each stroke?

The idea, at least with the app I'm using, is: You tell it what club you're going to use. Take your swing. Go to your ball. Enter your next club. Now it knows how long and to where you hit with the last club. Swing with the new club. Go to your ball. Now it knows how long and to where you hit with the second club. Wash, rinse, repeat. At the end: You not only have the total strokes for that hole, but how you performed with each club.

At least that's how I understand the app works.

And to others. I have never used these shot tracking apps and one of the reasons is I'm a big believer that tracking all sorts of stats while you are playing is counterproductive to good play.

How? I do nothing other than tap a button on a watch when a putt is holed.
The rest it does for me and I dig through after the round.

Back