Should we go good good?

I’d rather see a gator than a grizzly or black bear. You are not out running a bear.
100% agree.

I remember one time I came face to face with a black bear. I was at the golf course and crested a hill at the same time the bear came up the other side. He did a grunt and reared up on his back legs while we were about 15’ apart. I was pretty happy that it was raining and I had my umbrella in my hand so I could look bigger while I slowly backed away. Zero chance I was getting away unscathed if he decided to “investigate me”.

I've never encountered a gator in the wild... but I'm sure it can't be as scary as a black bear that could run down the cart. I don't know what I'd do with the gator... but i'd probably play my ball (internet golfer speak)
No way. I’ve encountered black and brown bears in the wild. Gators are a million times scarier, IMO.

And this is definitely good good.

No way. I’ve encountered black and brown bears in the wild. Gators are a million times scarier, IMO.

And this is definitely good good.
That gator can't run me down. You won't out run the bear. Thats my entire thought process haha

In all seriousness, how common of an occurrence is this down there?
IMG_2227.jpeg

I put this in another thread but I golfed twice in Florida and had one gator shot.

So by my calculations it is a 50% probability.

@War Eagle I think we would just do good good right? That's without even seeing the gator.

Yeah, I'm avoiding that.

They aren't that fast. I would run behind it at least to get the balls.
:ROFLMAO: Well for 20-30 ft, unless you can run 20mph go up and poke him specifically in mating season April - June.

But, Gators in Fla are not the only golf course residents. In North Palm Beach Country Club, they have a Fla Croc living there. That's a whole nother issue., Yes we have the Florida Crocodile in south fla. Bigger, meaner, thankfully they hang out mainly in the Everglades National Park area and enjoy the salt and brackish water.
Screenshot 2024-03-25 094947.jpg
:giggle: oh and we have some nasty big snakes as well. All good, good if you leave them alone and watch where you walk.

Last edited:
This has all the makings of a "Florida man" news article. :ROFLMAO:

It has all the markings of an "Idiot Tourist" article. Actual Floridians know better: Dinosaurs that can swim and run up to 11 mph in short bursts and climb trees and fences. We do not knowingly provoke the swamp lizards while playing. :ROFLMAO:

It has all the markings of an "Idiot Tourist" article. Actual Floridians know better: Dinosaurs that can swim and run up to 11 mph in short bursts and climb trees and fences. We do not knowingly provoke the swamp lizards while playing. :ROFLMAO:
Florida Man Harasses Alligator Until It’s Time To Pay The Price | Whiskey Riff

Every state has both idiot residents and idiot tourists. Growing up in the sunshine state, we'd often wade through the creeks looking for snakes, turtles and yes, small gators. The difference being... we were kids. Also, back in the 60's and early 70's, there just weren't as many 10' gators as there are now. They were endangered back then but after several decades of protection, made an incredible come back. Now 10-12' gators are not uncommon.

:ROFLMAO: Well for 20-30 ft, unless you can run 20mph go up and poke him specifically in mating season April - June.

But, Gators in Fla are not the only golf course residents. In North Palm Beach Country Club, they have a Fla Croc living there. That's a whole nother issue., Yes we have the Florida Crocodile in south fla. Bigger, meaner, thankfully they hang out mainly in the Everglades National Park area and enjoy the salt and brackish water.
View attachment 9251391
:giggle: oh and we have some nasty big snakes as well. All good, good if you leave them alone and watch where you walk.
I wondered when those American Crocodiles would start showing up around people. I think they may still be on the endangered list, but as is the case for gators, crocs haven't been on this earth as long as they have without being survivors.

I've never encountered a gator in the wild... but I'm sure it can't be as scary as a black bear that could run down the cart. I don't know what I'd do with the gator... but i'd probably play my ball (internet golfer speak)
Black bears won't run down your cart... a grizzly might though ;)

True story - two years ago I watched a house cat run off a medium size black bear. A grizzly would have killed the little bastard without thinking.

Florida Man Harasses Alligator Until It’s Time To Pay The Price | Whiskey Riff

Every state has both idiot residents and idiot tourists. Growing up in the sunshine state, we'd often wade through the creeks looking for snakes, turtles and yes, small gators. The difference being... we were kids. Also, back in the 60's and early 70's, there just weren't as many 10' gators as there are now. They were endangered back then but after several decades of protection, made an incredible come back. Now 10-12' gators are not uncommon.

No accounting for drunk rednecks. :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, the little ones are not so big a deal. They usually slide back into the water anyway. Definitely more big ones these days.

I see your alligator & raise you another. This one was right next to the cart path when I got back in. Now that's a serious lateral hazard ... I'll take a bit more than 2 club lengths, thanks

1711387537918.png

Black bears won't run down your cart... a grizzly might though ;)

True story - two years ago I watched a house cat run off a medium size black bear. A grizzly would have killed the little bastard without thinking.
Well in your area black bear has some predators.. in my area it doesn't. They dont really run as quick here.

Well in your area black bear has some predators.. in my area it doesn't. They dont really run as quick here.
Only the two legged kind 🙂 Mountain lions and bears leave each other alone, and they are our apex predators. Here is the bear, there is actually video of the cat chasing him off. I can’t remember which part of our foursome got it though.

1711388958567.jpeg

Back