Show me your Golf Work Space

Trmpt98

2024 Vokey / 2023 GOAT Cup / 2019 Bridgestone
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just like it says, do you have a golf workspace? If so post up a picture! I’m on my way to Menards to get some more shelving and once I get it organized I’ll post up a picture. I just have a homemade wood work bench that has my club buildings stuff on it. Just beware, I might steal some of your organizational ideas ;).

A work in progress but this is where I am at right now.

e06fb5dd7f6c8b856f2c0f4d0691b904.jpg

9defc64168b526190c3103d52fb2bda0.jpg

I would love to be able to do my own shafts and grips but I don’t have a place currently. Thanks for this thread as I can live vicariously through you guys!

Pardon the mess as I’m going through and organizing.
image.jpg
image.jpg

I’m super jealous of these. I have the space for one in the house but there is a 0% chance of it happening in the house. No room in the garage.

Just cleaned it today. I also do woodworking in there.
342E0D0A-4039-4F34-8CED-FE1B81EEE2A5.jpegD223E557-3DCF-4406-9CB0-6BF85C150A8F.jpeg

It’s actually my fishing work station but no reason I can’t do golf stuff. Well other then I really don’t know how. D5B6D779-5BAE-4972-9076-217B16DDC5C0.jpeg

I have to say the best part about having a space is The feeling like a tour truck. I got a new SM 7 wedge for Christmas and I was playing the day after Christmas. On that day before my 12 am round, I was able to reshaft it, swingweight It, turn the ferrules and adjust the loft and lie to my preference.

20191230_201124.jpg

Do you forge your own clubs too...????

looks like the maintenance shop I use to be in charge of years ago.
Haha... no but I will be making my own putter if I ever find the time. ;)

Yeah it's the maintenance shop at my plant. Considering I'm the only qualified machinist here, it's my shop. :D

I would love to be able to do my own shafts and grips but I don’t have a place currently. Thanks for this thread as I can live vicariously through you guys!

Removing and installing grips does not require any "work space". Knife, solvent, double sided tape, and grip (s) is all you need.

Haha... no but I will be making my own putter if I ever find the time. ;)

Yeah it's the maintenance shop at my plant. Considering I'm the only qualified machinist here, it's my shop. :D
We had 1 machinist also at our plant and he was amazing. Funny thing is that he hired on as a lowly mechanic and saw what we had and that no one used it. Then one day we were trying to get some part overnighted and he said he could make it. Well, he was no longer just a mechanic - he probably saved us more per year in overnight shipping than he made in a year.

Removing and installing grips does not require any "work space". Knife, solvent, double sided tape, and grip (s) is all you need.
That’s how I started - all done in the kitchen.

We had 1 machinist also at our plant and he was amazing. Funny thing is that he hired on as a lowly mechanic and saw what we had and that no one used it. Then one day we were trying to get some part overnighted and he said he could make it. Well, he was no longer just a mechanic - he probably saved us more per year in overnight shipping than he made in a year.
Yessir. I can't tell you how many callouts I've had to come back in the middle of the night to make parts for my boiler mechanics that broke something. I'm a pretty small expense in the grand scheme of things for sure.

Mines nothing to write home about. Desk and garage. Doubles for car bay when I am tinkering over the winter on my other expensive hobby.
6bcbb2c9a85958f1a57fe0489351b6e6.jpg
997d5f090605e25f75c3d9abf171c6d8.jpg

Sent from my LM-V350 using Tapatalk

Maybe I’ll try this next time I need a grip change. I’ve wanted to experiment with more grip types but the cost has always held me back. This might be a good solution.

#1 Use a knife to remove the old grip (make a 2 or 3 inch cut at the bottom of the grip and from there you can peel off the grip).
#2 remove the old tape and tape residue
#3 cut your new tape strip to be about an inch longer than the length of your grip.
#4 when you apply the new tape to your shaft, leave about a half inch at the top(so you may fold it over to cover up the open-top diameter of the shaft).
#5 once the new tape is applied to the shaft, spray the tape with solvent
#6 spray the inside of your grip with a bit of solvent
#7 slide the grip on the shaft and then set it down on the ground (as in your golf address position), and you will have a minute or two to align the grip so that it sets straight
#8 don't touch the club for about an hour and then it will be dry-set and ready to swing :)

double sided tape:

solvent:

Mine is so dirty I can’t bear to take picture lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some very nice set ups here so far.

Back