Show us your hole....

We went from raised cups with no flag, to flags with pool noodles in the cup and now we have those fancy gadgets that attach to the flag and allow you to pull the ball out of the cup. 451A08DA-B1A6-4F5C-8CCE-1E3DE589FE98.jpeg

That's exactly how ours are - complete with the liner being barely below the ground. Better than a raised cup, but those metal teats on the bottom of the cup kick putts out of the hole all the time, especially with the flange of the flagstick being that high. It's a judgment call, but we call them good if everybody agrees it would have dropped under normal conditions.

Fortunately, I have yet to encounter a course with raised cups. It's all been either inverted like above or pool noodles. The noodles work great, best solution I've played yet.

...and I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, the 12-year old in me came out and made me giggle a little bit. :ROFLMAO: Then I was relieved when I noticed it was in the "Golf Talk" forum, not the "Random & Off-Topic" forum.

...and I have to admit, when I saw the thread title, the 12-year old in me came out and made me giggle a little bit. :ROFLMAO: Then I was relieved when I noticed it was in the "Golf Talk" forum, not the "Random & Off-Topic" forum.
I wouldn't put it past @HipCheck

Hard to tell from the pic - does your ball go under that disc and into the shallow hole, or does the disc deflect it away from the hole?
Think that is the hole like a ball rest.

Think that is the hole like a ball rest.
It was hard to tell, in the third picture from the left it looks like it's above ground level.

Hard to tell from the pic - does your ball go under that disc and into the shallow hole, or does the disc deflect it away from the hole?
I would bet it sits atop it, but there's room for water to pass underneath and lets the flag move with the wind.

Way to keep the color of the greens in line, a certain finer things Element I suppose.
I would think something with that kind of texture would allow for the ball to come to rest better than most other things.

I would think something with that kind of texture would allow for the ball to come to rest better than most other things.
Yeah slick plastic with a less than frictional surface...uh ohhh

What ever it takes to play
Upside down cups
Pool noodles
Lifters
PVC pipe
I dint care
Let me play

Pic of the course I played today & their sister course is the same.
View attachment 8941968

This is how my club is. Seems fine to me. Definitely better than raised cups.

Though, the hook/tool contraption to lift the ball out of a normal depth hole seems like the best option to keep the game the same and minimize contact.

Crazy to see what different directions courses went with for “solutions”

Back