• The jeffersons

Votes: 5 9.6%

• Total voters

AndyL0711

I Need To Play Some Golf!!!!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
These 3 shows could never be on tv today....which one did you like the most. List some others.

the jeffersons, george's strut just gets me everytime!

We need those shows and their ilk back again to show us how stupid prejudice is. You could probably add Maude and Sanford and Son

People are way to sensitive nowadays!
A lot of touchy subjects were dealt with thru Humor.

Of the three shows in the poll, only 1 offered the Bundy bounce. I have to go with that.(y)

I didn't watch any of those very much, but the one I watched the most was Married with children.

Personally I'd have voted for Gilligan's Island or something like that but it wasn't an option.:(

I do. :ROFLMAO:

I was joking but then thinking about it, I don't think it would be made again. Think about it. It had an all white cast. The show was wholesome and entertaining. There was no sexual tension (for the most part). No social justice warriors or political correctness... it couldn't be made today without an ethnically diverse cast, different sexual preferences... and politically tense scenarios. And cast members sleeping with each other. Don't forget the know-it-all, smarmy, 6 year old kid...:cautious:

Married with Children is actually on in reruns on the Logo channel. I would also favor a choice D, Sanford and Son.

Plenty of shows that would be trashed should a script ever come to light now a days...

Sad to say, but I think a lot of the Looney Tunes cartoons I grew up with would not meet the non-violence requirements for TV today.

Probably the "A Team" as well.

The A-Team wasn’t violent at all. They fired a lot of bullets at the enemy but they ever hit anything.:ROFLMAO:

Married With Children was really the only one I ever watched, so that was my pick.

Definitely All In The Family. No way would that show ever air nowadays, the SJWs would be all over it and there would be at least a dozen different special interest groups picketing outside the studios. Bonus points for two other shows I can think of that would never cut it in today's world: Chico and the Man and Sanford and Son.

Last year they did a toned-down remake of All In The Family with Woody Harrelson as Archie Bunker. It was reminiscent of the original, but nowhere near as bold.

If Gilligan's Island was remade today, it would be a "reality show" (ugh!), with all the bickering, bleeped-out cuss words and manufactured drama.

Of those, I only ever really watched Married With Children... so that’s what one I picked.

Pretty much any sitcom from the 70s and 80s would trigger an alarming number of people now.

And forget about stand-up routines...

so many things from the 70's and 80's that would not cut it today

Bewitched, I Dream of Jeanie, The Honeymooners, I Love Lucy, Bugs Bunny/Looney Tunes - There’s probably something in each of those shows that would offend a bunch of people today that might make a TV executive pause before launching them in today’s world.

All in the family was a rip off of the great British programme , 'Til death us do part. Norman Lear credits the programme as his inspiration and he certainly did a great job.

If you watch Alf Garnett in the '60's , you may see th einspiration.

Back