Sidelined for a while

Sorry to hear it! Rest up so you're fully ready when the time comes.

Get well soon!

Tap, tap, taparoo

The wifey and I went out to dinner with friends Saturday at one of our favorite places. Great food, drink and company. Woke up around 1:30 am with stomach cramps, I thought it was indigestion or maybe food poisoning. Couldn't go back to sleep so I went downstairs as not to disturb the wife and kids. The pain got worse and worse, but I didn't feel nauseous or anything like that, just terrible cramps. By 4:30 I was feeling really horrible, unbelievable pain, doubling me over, taking my breath away and I finally woke up my wife and said I needed to go to the hospital. She called her mom and dad to come watch the kids. Off to the ER, when I finally got in, they started an IV and got some pain killers going. X-rays, a CT scan an ultrasound (5 or 6 hours past) Dr tells my my gallbladder is coming out. In pre-op by 1:30 and done two hours later. Overnight stay in the hospital. Now on the mend. Nothing more than light cardio for a while and no golf for six weeks. Crap. Worst part is my poor wife dealing with this on Mother's Day.

I feel your pain. I had spine surgery March 7th and have been off work since Feb. 9th. No work means no golf. I'm good to go on May 30th. Hope you recover quickly!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm doing well. I can tell you that a hiccup is freaking awful.

Sorry to hear about that.
Hope you heal up quickly !

Scary. Glad you're ok, get well fast. As for missing golf, I know you pain. In the past, I've had blown discs and a ruptured achilles which put me on the bench. Deflating. But, your health kinda matters. :wink:

Feeling good, back to the gym doing cardio. Knocked out an hour on the elliptical yesterday and felt fine. No weights, running or golf yet, but I don't think it'll take six weeks. Follow up appointment with the surgeon next week.
And, I've got a wicked purple, green and yellow bruise on my half shaved belly.

Back