NEWS SkyTrak and GolfTEC

TWright971

Team Hackers 2024
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Just saw this email from SkyTrak this morning:

"As we turn our gaze to 2024, the anticipation is building here at SkyTrak. We're not just looking forward to another year of golf; we're gearing up for a transformative experience. With plans to collaborate with GOLFTEC's outstanding coaching team, we're on the brink of unveiling new ways to elevate your game. Imagine combining the precision of SkyTrak with the expertise from the world leader in golf instruction– that's the kind of innovation we're excited to bring to your golf journey. While I can't reveal all the details just yet, rest assured that our commitment to enhancing your SkyTrak experience remains stronger than ever."

Man I can't wait to see what they have in store for 2024.

"As we turn our gaze to 2024, the anticipation is building here at SkyTrak. We're not just looking forward to another year of golf; we're gearing up for a transformative experience. With plans to collaborate with GOLFTEC's outstanding coaching team, we're on the brink of unveiling new ways to elevate your game. Imagine combining the precision of SkyTrak with the expertise from the world leader in golf instruction– that's the kind of innovation we're excited to bring to your golf journey. While I can't reveal all the details just yet, rest assured that our commitment to enhancing your SkyTrak experience remains stronger than ever."

Saw that. I’m setting up a lesson plan with Golftec. Would be awesome to somehow combine that with my SkyTrak sessions.

Moved this to its own thread, because its got some interesting info.

Can't wait to see what they have to offer. Any ideas on potential timeline other than 2024?

Man that seems like a lot of potential right here. Skytrak has some serious momentum right now.

Man that seems like a lot of potential right here. Skytrak has some serious momentum right now.
When I first got a SkyTrak+ and was working with some of the software, I was going through a wedge matrix. You hit a handful of shots with different clubs at different percentages (think 50%, 75%, full swing). I thought to myself, it would be cool as heck if I could just upload this to my instructor and we could talk through what I am doing and seeing.

I think a lot falls back on instructors, but if they are good, this is a fantastic future look at what really good teaching could entail.

When I first got a SkyTrak+ and was working with some of the software, I was going through a wedge matrix. You hit a handful of shots with different clubs at different percentages (think 50%, 75%, full swing). I thought to myself, it would be cool as heck if I could just upload this to my instructor and we could talk through what I am doing and seeing.

I think a lot falls back on instructors, but if they are good, this is a fantastic future look at what really good teaching could entail.
If they can access your data without you having to send it over it would be a game changer. Assuming they ignore the 20-30 yard shots from my daughter.

Yeah that’s where my head is. If I could work on some things and want a targeted area of improvement, being able to get that work done in the garage and have an instructor go over that data and improvements would be great.

Been diving into SkyTrak a lot over the last few weeks…this just adds another element.

If they can access your data without you having to send it over it would be a game changer. Assuming they ignore the 20-30 yard shots from my daughter.
Looks like you shanked this one…nope that’s my kid and they were pumped by that.

Instruction from home/range (remote) is the area I think that will explode over the next few years with Launch Monitors.

Skytrak+ is perfectly setup for this going forward.

The Skytrak clubhouse and the Golftec student log in area look very similar now. You can see how they are trying to blend the two. Hopefully it goes smoothly for those of us who already have accounts with each.

I would love to be able to do a skill assessment on my Skytrak and have that available to my GolfTec coach.

Also the ability to record your swing in the Golftec app, and to send it to your instructor as you are doing the drills between lessons to see if there are any tips or reminders he wants to throw your way to make sure you are doing the drill correctly. Of it there is a position the coach wants you working on hitting the app letting you upload the swing and get your "numbers" would be amazing.

So much potential when combining these two.

Edited: I could potentially see different levels of practice plans available for purchase (the normal Golftec Practice where you go the the golftec facility and use their simulator, and a new reviewed practice through skytrak/the app that the coach checks out later in the app/clubhouse).

Also see them getting to remote lessons with the combination of the app and Skytrax to reach a greater audience that may not be close to a Golftec location.

Last edited:
This is really cool. If I could get a simulator at home, and remote instruction, that’d be a game changer!

Okay fine I’ll sign up for a swing evaluation on the next package deal
The holiday packages are still available. And they seem to me to be the best deals as they give you a longer time to use the lessons/practices.

does sound awesome!

Received the same email today and will be interested to see what's coming in 2024

I also got the email and can't wait until the experience to hear what they're doing. I think I'll take a pad and pen with me next time to actually write down notes.

Last edited:
They must have something amazing coming. If they could do virtual lessons with Golftec somehow, wow they could really move the market

I also got this email, and got excited and thought back to the ST Exp earlier this year and all we learned..should be fun times ahead

This is so exciting! Received the email as well and thought to myself…I wish my LM would do something like this.

With all that we've been told (from last ST/GT experience) of what is in the works...it can cause your head to spin.

I haven't seen a response here yet that might not be already in progress, and there is so much more. So much potential and fluidity. Brace yourselves.

With all that we've been told (from last ST/GT experience) of what is in the works...it can cause your head to spin.

I haven't seen a response here yet that might not be already in progress, and there is so much more. So much potential and fluidity. Brace yourselves.

It's simply crazy the amount of possibilities that are out there with the combination of ST and GT. Not to mention just the possibilities of upgraded user experiences with just ST and sims as a whole like @JB and @Canadan discussed on the last Off Course podcast. So excited to see what's in store.

They've got an on-course GPS app, too, right? Feed your ST averages into the GPS app caddie recommendations, maybe? That would be cool.

I'm excited to learn more details regarding this collaboration

Back