SkyTrak Experience Pre Event Travel and Play

AuzzieMatt

2024 SkyTrak Experience
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I thought I'd throw this thread up in case anyone is thinking about going early.

I booked a room at the County Inn and Suites in Evansville for the Sunday before at the end of December last year.

I live in NE Ohio, so it's only a 5.5 drive for me but I'd rather get there a day early and relax.

Tagging all participants... @93civiccpe @cringjr @wadesworld @odom730

Last edited:
I plan to drive. It's about 11 hours. I will arrive the morning of. I might be able to change some stuff up if there are any plans. But I already pushed it pretty far by entering and getting selected. There's going to be a lot of wait and see for me, but I'll do what I can.

I’ll drive also. Just under 8 hours. I’ll need to confirm plans for the Sunday before. I think my son has a baseball tournament on the 18th and 19th. If he’s playing ball, I’ll drive up early on the 20th. I will keep you guys in the loop.

December?

December?
Yep, booked the hotel on 12/29. I saw how you read the post and edited it to avoid more confusion.

I am planning to drive and come in early as well. It's roughly 10 hours for me from central Virginia. I have several of my Grandaddy brothers who want me to stop along the way for a round / catch up. I'm in for practice rounds / other shenanigans!

If nothing else is planned I'm hoping to stop in Cinccy on my way to play a round with the crew down there.

Wait Goodbye GIF by Silicon Valley

If nothing else is planned I'm hoping to stop in Cinccy on my way to play a round with the crew down there.
Where are you looking to play in Cincy?

I'm definitely down for arriving early for a round. I'd be happy to drive over to Cincy if we can convince @Canadan to come play, but we could also do Louisville as well. Heck, French Lick is close by but I doubt anyone wants to drop that kind of cash.

I'm definitely down for arriving early for a round. I'd be happy to drive over to Cincy if we can convince @Canadan to come play, but we could also do Louisville as well. Heck, French Lick is close by but I doubt anyone wants to drop that kind of cash.
At the moment, an early round is out for me. But that might change the closer we get.

I was just curious what Cincy courses might be played.

Where are you looking to play in Cincy?
No idea mate, wherever the Cincy boys decide.
I'd love to put a peg in the ground with @Canadan. French Lick is, well, not an option for this guy. 😬

Anyone nailing down plans yet? @AuzzieMatt what days were you wanting to play pre-event?

Good call. We are getting closer. I think I may start driving Friday prior to the event but still trying to finalize plans

I'm happy to play Sunday, Saturday or both.

Preference would be to do something in Louisville (or optimally, in-between) with the Louisville boys.

Otherwise, the Pearl club is near Victoria National and looks nice:

Or if we want something more casual and budget-minded, the local muni has good ratings:

Anyone nailing down plans yet? @AuzzieMatt what days were you wanting to play pre-event?
Probably Sunday. I had thought that I'd play with the Cincy crew on that day and make my way down after the round but I can change that to Saturday and adjust my hotel booking.

Where is everyone thinking of staying?

Last edited:
I have an event on Saturday that I need to go to. So I'm looking to travel on Sunday. I might go halfway on Saturday night. It's still up in the air. Schedule what you guys can. I'll do my best to get there in time.

4 and a half weeks until we get to get beaten up by one of the best courses in the country.

Calling for a travel day Sunday (for those of you that can), meet for food/drinks Sunday night and maybe play a round on Monday morning and check out Howard's Golf. Or check out Howard's Golf and have a beer or two with a leisurely lunch before hitting Vic.

4 and a half weeks until we get to get beaten up by one of the best courses in the country.

Calling for a travel day Sunday (for those of you that can), meet for food/drinks Sunday night and maybe play a round on Monday morning and check out Howard's Golf. Or check out Howard's Golf and have a beer or two with a leisurely lunch before hitting Vic.
I cannot wait! And I'm in for a practice round / food/ etc

Back