Sleep, Insomnia, Lack of Quality - ways to manage

I've got that same one and it is really great in terms of not over heating. If my wife can use it and not complain, I'd imagine almost anyone could!
Interested in hearing your thoughts on it. My nightly goal is to get two consecutive REM cycles (about 2.30 hours straight for me) as I wake up almost hourly. I've seen these blankets before but since I am almost always overheating in bed I've been wary of buying something that may retain even more heat.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

It is heavy right?! Sometimes quite a workout! I was also surprised at how breathable it is. Hope it continues to help.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thank you for the suggestion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It strikes again! I’m starting to keep a journal of what I do between 8pm and bed to see what I can figure out.

Positive note: woke up thinking about what I worked on today - flighting and compressing the ball better.

Bought the Heavy Blanket at Amazon - have used it for about 10 nights -- big thumbs up. It's like a hug. My little boy slept with it one night - he liked it even though a bit heavy for him.

It's part of the solution - but I've found that when I do turn over and wake up, I return to sleep more easily.

I got a CPAP machine back in August. I love it. I haven't slept this good in years.

I sleep like a baby. 8-9 hours every night.

I keep my stress level low, less to think about. I have a memory foam topper and try to keep my spine in it's natural position sleeping. Two pillows for side sleeping, one for back. Always keep my feet out of the blanket for proper body temperature. If you have something on your mind that you don't want to forget, write it down so you don't forget it. Then you're not laying there wondering if you'll remember in the morning.

I struggle to sleep more than 4-6 hours a night most nights, and less than that when I travel. I have tried a few things, mostly some over the counter sleep meds and then melatonin spray. After seeing some improvement I looked into some other things and ordered an Oura ring (hasn't got here yet) but want to see how much/quality of sleep I am getting and a Chili Pad. I run hot so figured I would try this especially since no AC and it is going to start warming up. After 3 nights.... I am blown away. I have been setting it at 63 to start and I can't remember the last time I would a) fall asleep so quickly and b) sleep for 6-8 hour stretches at once.

hoping it keeps up and will report back on it as i get more use with it.

The revival of this thread is timely. I've been thinking about heavy blankets and whether or not they regulate or keep in body temp. I need to regulate now that summer is on it's way and I want to try the heavy blanket.

Any updates?

I am another for whom CPAP was a life-changer. Same for my brother and one of my best friends. The sleep study (or, more accurately, no-sleep study) is awful, but the payoff is worth it.

I struggle with sleep off and on. I'm 99% sure my issues are stress. I am trying to work on it, but it's tough.

I also struggle when it's hot. I was interested in that Chilipad thing till I saw the price. XD

Don’t get me started on this thread. Time zones, irregular shifts that are all over the place, noisy hotels. So many aspects of my job are unhealthy.

I can only imagine what 8 hours of sleep would feel like.

We bought a heavy blanket for my father in law who is 89 and had Parkinsons. It has helped him a lot. I thought it would be too heavy bad he likes the security. He sleeps much better with it.

I struggle with sleep off and on. I'm 99% sure my issues are stress. I am trying to work on it, but it's tough.

I also struggle when it's hot. I was interested in that Chilipad thing till I saw the price. XD

I hated buying it, but man it has been great for me. I just got the Oura ring (don't look at the price for this either) and my sleep is better than I can remember. I need to get back into exercising regularly and I think it will improve even more. As a hot sleeper that cooling has me a) falling asleep faster and b) staying asleep throughout the night.

I have woken up once a night the last few nights but that is because my dog woke me up.

Back