Smart sole 4 or cbx zipcore

chunk85

Reaction score
Hi. I am considering getting either the smart sole gap wedge, 50*, or a cbx zipcore 50 or 52*.

I play off 25. But can go round in 17/18 or 32 just as easily! Definitely inconsistent from within 100 yards and I know I am losing shots from around the green.

Just wondering if anyone has used both clubs and have any advice!!

Thanks in advance!

I utilize a club similar to a smart sole for my 56. It's automatic out of sand and a solid performer for 50 and in. In the GW arena I'd be in the zipcore type club.

I have a smart sole S which is 58*. Dynamite out the sand. Looking for something around the 50* Mark but unsure which to go for!

I got a CBX Zipcore last year in a 58 and I LOVE that club. So easy to hit out of the sand.

Zipcore CBX likely more versatile

Hi. I am considering getting either the smart sole gap wedge, 50*, or a cbx zipcore 50 or 52*.

I play off 25. But can go round in 17/18 or 32 just as easily! Definitely inconsistent from within 100 yards and I know I am losing shots from around the green.

Just wondering if anyone has used both clubs and have any advice!!

Thanks in advance!

last 2 seasons I’ve gamed the CBX Full Face 56 and 60 wedges. I added the smart sole C and like it alot for certain chipping situations.

I tried the smart sole GW and SW last season and didn’t care for them as much as the CBX full faces.

I found their 130g shaft to be a bit heavy through the ball. The CBX line has a 115g shaft which is about my max weight given I play 75g graphite iron shafts.

I play the CBX Zipcores. While not quite as versatile as a "players" grind, they can be used to execute a variety of shots with the grinds allowing for the face to be opened as much as I care to. I hit a friends Smart Sole wedges. Very, very easy to hit, let the bounce be your guide. I don't think you could chunk one if you tried. But opening up the face with them? Nope, not much more than a few degrees..........

I play the CBX Zipcores. While not quite as versatile as a "players" grind, they can be used to execute a variety of shots with the grinds allowing for the face to be opened as much as I care to. I hit a friends Smart Sole wedges. Very, very easy to hit, let the bounce be your guide. I don't think you could chunk one if you tried. But opening up the face with them? Nope, not much more than a few degrees..........
My issue is if I have a clue that I can perform a variety of shots with I then attemp shots my skill level cannot execute with consistency!! I feel the cbx will be more future proofed as i hopefully improve. But am I better looking at the club that will help me save shots now?

I have a smart sole S which is 58*. Dynamite out the sand.
I picked up one of those last year. Difference between that and my CBX 58° out of the sand was night and day.

Looking for something around the 50* Mark but unsure which to go for!
My CBX 54° has been terrific for me around the greens.

I play the Smart Sole 4 Gap wedge and love it. A real confidence booster and great spin. Play off an 18 at the moment. Don't know why I waited so long to move to something to a cavity back wedge. Love this club! Used Vokeys' for years--hello Smart Sole G

I play the Smart Sole 4 Gap wedge and love it. A real confidence booster and great spin. Play off an 18 at the moment. Don't know why I waited so long to move to something to a cavity back wedge. Love this club! Used Vokeys' for years--hello Smart Sole G
That's what I need to hear!!

I know I was commenting on the other thread and you asked me there, but at the moment I'm using both the smart sole 4 in 50 and 58, and they're amazing. I'm also using the cbx2 54, the way the gaping in my bag worked out this is the way I had to go, all 3 are must haves in my bag right now.

I know I was commenting on the other thread and you asked me there, but at the moment I'm using both the smart sole 4 in 50 and 58, and they're amazing. I'm also using the cbx2 54, the way the gaping in my bag worked out this is the way I had to go, all 3 are must haves in my bag right now.
Ironcally I have the same set up and just recently added the CBX2 54

I play a Halo GW, a 54° CBX, and a smart sole sand wedge.

Currently using Smart Sole G and S.
I rely so much on S but G not so much.
S is a magic almost every condition.
G not so much. I don’t know why but I just can’t control distance with it. It’s too hot face on long chipping. Full swing it’s either spin too much or it doesn’t. It’s straight as an arrow but it’s either 10-15yds short or 10yds long. I have RTX 4 54* that is much consistent on distance.
I love S and I use it alot. One area where G is most useful is 60-70 yd bunker shot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Smart Sole C and think it is perfect for its intended use.
For higher lofts, I would stick to more 'traditional' club head design for versatility.

The new CBX2 Zipcore Full Face is really nice.

I have a mental block when it comes to really wide soles. YMMV.

Back