So my home course got some new toys.

Sweet. Been wanting to ride one of these

I saw this or at least something like it on a TV infomercial. While it seems like a fun thing to do and a nice idea, I don't know that I'd use one over a cart. I guess if carts were not allowed, this might be better than walking, but if the sun's out and it's hot, I would think it would get uncomfortable quick. You'd never get to sit down and relax, no shade at all, not much extra room to hold items.

Vey cool. Just curious, is there a cooler attachment? Cause since there isn't shade a beverage would get hot rather quickly I would assume.

Vey cool. Just curious, is there a cooler attachment? Cause since there isn't shade a beverage would get hot rather quickly I would assume.

I believe it just has the attachment for the golf bag. Some models don't even have that and you carry the bag on your back like normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd definitely give it a go once. But wouldn't want to pay $10 extra every time out.

They had a booth at Mission Inn during our THP outing this January at Bridgestone University. Chopstixxx gave it a ride. Seemed interesting. Wouldn't work for a number of courses around here I don't think, carts barely make it up some of the hills here.

They had a booth at Mission Inn during our THP outing this January at Bridgestone University. Chopstixxx gave it a ride. Seemed interesting. Wouldn't work for a number of courses around here I don't think, carts barely make it up some of the hills here.
That's what I was just thinking--they wouldn't work in our area. Looks like the only course in NYS that even has them is down on Long Island. As for me personally, I give it to the middle of the first hole before I crashed and burned.

I would give it a try.....looks like a new sport could develop out of these......golf polo with 2 irons.....could prove to be interesting

I'd give it a try at least once, just for the fun of it.

My home course got a couple dozen of these a few months back. I see a ton of people riding them, think I'll give it a try this week.

If it didn't cost more it would be fun to try out. I don't think I would spend extra to try though.

I wouldn't mind trying a round or two with one, just for the experience, but I don't see it as something I would use on a regular basis, especially when they cost more than a cart rental.

I could picture these things and "some" of the idiots that might use them causing problems simply by doing stupid things with them especially after a few beers.
Honestly I don't see them doing well on steep side hills and such. Things like this tend to make us lazy. Before you know it people are taking them just about anywhere when they really should get off and walk. Perhaps under a tree canopy where many roots are sure to be or while traversing around a set of bunkers with steep mounds and also through very wet areas both on and off the fairways. Not to mention elevated greens and traveling barely next to greens while traversing around to the backside or whatever.

One of the advantages of walking is that you can carry or pull/push cart your clubs just about anywhere with you. This device would require one who may be in any of the above situations to leave the unit and then have to go back for clubs. I just think something like this is probably more efficient and better suited for one who is pretty good at golf and rarely errant or off target all that much. Not to mention one who would also maintain responsibility and etiquette.

And what about when things are soaked from rain? I'd imagine cart path only would have to still be followed as it seems to me those small wheels might make quite the unwanted tracks. I just don't see these as good for the general public municipal courses. It could potentially become more about the board than the golf and that in a way is what can make it more a negative than a positive. I'm just not sure.

Those look awesome! I hope a course gets them close to me.

Plus for us "big fellas", you are out of luck do to the weight capacity. Yet I can ride a surfboard!!!lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It looks cool, but if I'm gonna ride I want to sit.

Back