roberts9

Reaction score
Handicap
Today I went to the local shop to demo some clubs. I saw this set that really caught my eye. I walked up to them and noticed they were some Ben Hogan Apex Blades from a few years ago. They were in such good shape I decided to pick up the 6 iron and take a few swings. I instantly fell in love. I never knew Ben Hogan made such quality clubs. I ended up buying them.

I played Hogan Apex irons for years. Great feel and solid performance. I realized after a few years, that I did not have the game for them, due to lack of forgiveness and modern technology. But they are pretty and feel sweet. Congrats on the new set.

My buddy gamed a set of Hogans back in HS, when they still made nice clubs. I could never hit them though.

Hogans were awesome clubs. My neibor has an old set of Hogans and theyre great clubs, assuming youve got the game to hit them well.

congrats on the new sticks roberts!

That E wedge is a beauty. Awesome square shape. I never had one, though they did make them in lefty. I had a Mizzy wedge with 2* of bounce that was similar. Great irons, but you need to hit the sweet spot.

Kevin

So today..

Congrats on the new sticks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you all, I literally walked in there expecting to come out with some Mizuno's. I just couldn't pass these up though. I went to the range and with a few adjustments to my swing from CB to Blade's it felt like I was hitting butter.

Congrats. I played the Hogan Apex Edge cavity backs for a few years. They were amazing even if i couldn't hit the 3 and 4 irons. Haha. Best feeling clubs I have ever hit. Then they were stolen. Replaced them with MX-200s which I hit a lot better in the longer irons, but still miss the control of the shorter irons.

Back