Something you learned in High School

Definitely the typing class I took as a Sophomore.
As I retired IT guy, I typed constantly.

How to properly install and run the wing t offense. Could install the offense tomorrow for a high school freshman team without a refresher 25 years later.

Not sure I learned a ton of other stuff.

It’s a big PITA going to the same high school where your dad teaches. Who would guess that teachers talk to each other 😱!

I learned a lot of good stuff in high school. I use math every single day. I really started that journey in high school. Geometry was where I found I loved math. Probability sealed the deal.

We had a really strict/tough coach come into our small town. Most people complained about him but he helped me realize that discipline and hard work pay off. He was the best coach I played for. I have carried this mindset throughout my life. Oh and I also learned that women will rip up your heart.

Not to be flippant, but not a damn thing really.

How to fry eggs over easy in 9th grade HomeEc. Still do them the same way 🍳

I took every business class the school offered- accounting, intro to law, business ed etc
The one course that has helped the most- an excel course that went over basic/mid tier formulas

Geometry and some algebra.

I actually attended two high schools. My 10th grade year was at Interlochen Arts Academy, a private boarding school for the Fine Arts. I learned so much about music in general, and so much that made me a much better trumpet player. I only wish I could have stayed there, but it was way too expensive, and I didn’t apply myself enough.

so it was back to my town’s public high school. Most useful in later life was the typing class I took. Served me well in the computer business for 35 years or so.

Not to get political, but I took a Politics and Media class that basically taught me to sift through the BS and slant that the media puts on politics and news in general. I took a second class in college around the same sort of stuff. Surprisingly I use it more than I ever thought I would in today's world.

Typing class as well. That has served me well in my current job.

I learned that I don't grasp complex numbers and formulas and theory. Ok, that's another way to say I don't do math well. Good thing calculators and computers do.:ROFLMAO:

I took band...still play music :D
Same here, I was originally going to say Algebra. Never thought I'd use it as much as I do on a daily basis in the Civil Engineering world now.

How to fake the hand-off to the full back and follow him into the 2 hole then cut to the outside to pick ups the first down.....Lots of useful things.

Also that if i just listened and pay'd attention in class, i could pass any test without studying very much at all.

What is something you learned in high school that you still use today. I took a typing class in high school and it has served me well all these years later.
Me too. Made it a lot easier typing papers in college and grad school, instead of hunting and pecking, lol.

This may not be the answer you were looking for but it’s not what I learned in high school, but what I didn’t learn. In high school, I found I could get good grades without doing my homework. I never did learn good study habits. When I got to college, I found my lack of studying kept me from succeeding there. Without college I wasn’t going to become an engineer. That led to my becoming a service tech where i worked for 36 years. If I’d have studied more in high school, I believe I could’ve done well in college and would have a different, ( not necessarily better) life today.
This is exactly what happened to me. Spent too much time thinking about girls and partying and thinking I was going to the MLB. All I had to do was just put in a little bit of effort and I could be working somewhere other than this dealership that I’m at. Could be doing something interesting like engineering like both of my younger brothers.

Spanish, took it all through high school and I have retained 90% of it.
I'm the opposite here. I took two years and only learned 10% of it. I've probably forgotten 90% of that though.:ROFLMAO:

I'm the opposite here. I took two years and only learned 10% of it. I've probably forgotten 90% of that though.:ROFLMAO:

It helped that my freshman year of college I didn't live in the dorms, I lived in an apartment off campus and two of my roommates, and my next door neighbors, were from Puerto Rico and they helped me a lot with conversational Spanish. They spoke English perfectly, but they would talk in Spanish a lot, and specifically would ask me questions in Spanish so that I could learn.

Typing was Jr. High - still use it a ton.

AutoCAD and hand drafting in high school led to my career in engineering, along with a bunch of the math.

Writing skills matter too...

Back