I've never had any of my clubs checked. I probably would just out of curiosity if I had easy access to the equipment, but I'm honestly not sure if either of the two shops in town even have them.

I will check them at work once a month or so, more often if I start to see a shot shape that doesn’t match what I am used to seeing.

Just had mine checked today oddly enough. First time I have ever had a set checked. Loft and lie still in spec.

Sent from my XP8800 using Tapatalk

Never. I honestly doubt that most weekend hackers are consistent or precise enough that it really matters anyways.

Wow, I do mine every 6 months and thought that was enough. I play on average 3 X a week. Also some practice but never off mats. I normally don’t see a lot of movement. Have been told a lot of practice on mats can wreak havoc on specs.
One main reason why I HATE :mad: hitting off mats. :golf2:

I literally got everything checked this weekend. The new Mizuno's I special ordered were all spot on but i had to make some corrections to the lie from what i had told them when ordered. I went based off of my previous fitting 2yrs ago. lol Whoops.

I went from 1deg flat to 2-2.5deg upright. :oops:

My clubs are 10 years old and I have never had them checked or even evaluated. But I don't plan on doing so simply because although it might be far down the list, "my clubs aren't to my specific specs." is still a viable option for why I'm playing terrible.

Honestly I have never had my specs checked. I was fitted for my irons late last year and the fitter ordered them 2 degrees flat. Are they all exactly set that way? I don't know. Callaway sent them directy to my house. I am loving them whatever the specs are, so I wonder if I need them checked?

Honestly I have never had my specs checked. I was fitted for my irons late last year and the fitter ordered them 2 degrees flat. Are they all exactly set that way? I don't know. Callaway sent them directy to my house. I am loving them whatever the specs are, so I wonder if I need them checked?

I have bought a lot of sets from Callaway directly and also from their biggest dealer in the State (according to them) and every single set has come out of spec. Most not even close, one set which were the APEX 19 MB were the best of all and only one or two clubs had to be adjusted on arrival. It is not a callaway thing imo, most all clubs are pulled from a bin or a barrel and assembled by hourly help and lets face it they do a great job of getting the clubs together and it the box. It is up to QC to catch the problem, but how many sets actually get checked 1 in 10, 1 in 100, 1 in 1,000? and if they have a +/- tolerance of 2-3 degrees well that is a pretty big window.

My present set has not been checked and even though it is a highly respected JDM Company I doubt they are all spot on, the guy I normally us is getting pretty old and has a older machine so I am going to try the only other local real golf shop and see what they have for a machine. I prefer to be standing there watching so I can learn and see for myself what they are and what it takes to make them right, which might not be an option in this shop. I do plan to do a Club Champion iron / shaft fitting in the next month so they can certainly be checked then and they have the good gear and good people.

I haven't done this, but I need to start.

Pretty disappointed in TaylorMade lately with just easy stuff, ferrule not glued down on a wedge and a new SIM fairway wood rattling on me. I should probably have my irons checked as well.

I have a little loft/lie measuring gizmo. Not sure I remember how to use it though.

I know when I received my clubs the specs were right.

As long as my normal ball flights don't go weird on me, I don't worry too much about club specs. Even then a ball flight has to consistently bad for me to take notice of a possible equipment problem.

When I get my clubs regripped (18-24 months) I might have the guy check a few specs on my wedges.

I haven't had any of my irons checked since i was fitted for them. With some of the post on THP sounds like i probably should.

Well this thread pushed me into getting my irons checked. Closest place that bends is 45 minutes away. I asked them to write down what they were prior to bending to requested specs, so I'll report back here once I have them.

Every club that comes into THP HQ gets checked and most of them are on point. Recently a brand or two have been pretty far off. So my question to THPers is do you get your specs checked? How often?

I had someone who I trust check the specs of my Titleist irons 😉

Update: after about 30 rounds my Mizuno JPX 919 Forged were still dead on for the specs ordered. I'm more than impressed - every. single. iron.

I suspect my lie angles have crept back closer to standard from the 2* flat they started at, but I'll probably wait to check them until the end of the season.

I haven't had mine checked but now I want to. I've seen a few videos showing some way off as well

I have never gone specifically to get my specs checked. When I went to my fitting last year, they checked my big Bertha irons and they were right on as far as length, lie, and loft. The driver shaft that was listed as “regular” flex ended up being more of a senior flex on the scale they used at The fitter to try and standardize flexes. As they mentioned and has been mentioned on THP, sometimes shafts are labeled a flex and don’t play to that, so regular in one shaft might be closer to stiff in another.

Pretty crazy about this. Had re-checked after my fitting at ECPC they were pretty close, but still had to tune them in actually de-lofted them. I try to have checked once a year, especially in my irons, when the ball starts moving right in flight time to get them checked. Also have my putter checked often, 2° Flat. The softer materials slowly bend easily over time.

I've never once had mine checked, although from reading this it's probably something I should do once a season just to check things are still in order.

I typically get mine checked at the start of every golf season. I practice primarily off grass so they typically aren’t too off.

Back