Spring 2015 East Nebraska Get Together

IceyShanks

NiceyThanks
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Last edited:
After a great weekend in Iowa, the nebraska crew thought it would be fun to see if anyone might be interested in a get together in western nebraska in early spring 2015.

Some great courses and hopefully we can get some THPers to come from the west, north, east and maybe even the south.

Throw out any ideas for locations, courses, etc.

LET'S DO THIS!!!

Here's one I found after a quick search:
Southwest Nebraska Swing
McCook and Cambridge

Take a tour of some of southwest Nebraska’s finest golf courses. Select three courses to play, choose your accommodations, and let Southwest Nebraska Swing take care of the details. When you’ve had your fill of the fairways, head to town and sample some of the local flavors at featured restaurants.

For $175 per person, choose three courses:

•18 holes at Awarii Dunes Golf Club
•18 holes at Cross Creek Golf Links
•18 holes at Lake Maloney Golf Club
• Unlimited golf at Heritage Hills

Package also includes two nights’ lodging based on double occupancy at a participating hotel.

For more information and a full list of participating hotels, visit www.SWNebraskaSwing.com. To check availability and make your reservation, call 877-342-0167.

Play the West Golf Tour
Gothenburg - Ogallala - McCook - Kearney - Cambridge
Come experience one of the hottest and fastest growing golf packages in Western Nebraska. Packages start around $260 per person for three days of golf (including cart) and a two-night hotel stay. Plan a trip for yourself or give one as a gift!​

Unlike other packages, the golf courses and hotels you want are your choice, and Play the West will take care of the reservations. This is your golf experience.

• Wild Horse Golf Club
• Bayside Golf Course
• Heritage Hills Golf Course
• Meadowlark Hills Golf Course
• Cross Creek Golf Links

One phone call takes care of everything for you. For more information, call 308.287.2617, send an email to playthewest@hotmail.com or visit www.playthewest.com.

I know it's East Nebraska, but some great courses:
Play the Nebraska Golf Trail -- www.negolftrail.net
Ashland - Eagle

Discover the very best of eastern Nebraska golf! Each course offers a unique experience and all have won numerous national awards. Now, you can customize your own golf package on the Nebraska Golf Trail website by requesting your dates of play at the following courses:
• Iron Horse Golf Club-Ashland
• Quarry Oaks Golf Club-Ashland
• Woodland Hills Golf Course-Eagle

Not only does the Nebraska Golf Trail allow you to build your own golf getaway, but it also recommends lodging for your trip. Make your reservation with of our lodging partners, including the Hampton Inn LaVista or Mahoney State Park in Ashland. For more information, please call Brian Steventon at (402) 944-6000.

Links of Nebraska Golf Tour
Gothenburg - Ogallala - Kearney

Challenge yourself with one of Nebraska's fastest growing golf tours. Packages start around $260 per person for three days of golf (including cart) and a two-night hotel stay. Plan a trip for yourself or give one as a gift!

Unlike other golf packages, your tour is flexible. Choose when you want to play and where you want to stay! We'll take care of the reservations, so you can focus on your game.

• Wild Horse Golf Club
• Bayside Golf Course
• Awarii Dunes Golf Club

One phone call takes care of everything for you. For more information, call 308.287.2618, send an email to linksofnebraskagolftour@gmail.com or visit www.linksofnebraska.com.

Man, all these options are great. Anything with wild horse or quarry oaks has me interested.

What about the Prarie courses? Dunes and the others? I would be down for that...

Each of those options look to have fun courses.

Those courses look absolutely incredible man. Heard nothing but great things

I have to remember that Nebraska has 4 regions... Eastern, Central, West, and the Panhandle.

This will be followed...interesting.

What is the name of the crenshaw course, I have heard its amazing

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

What is the name of the crenshaw course, I have heard its amazing

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
I think you're talking about sand hills, and it is a private course.

Just talked to a buddy who did a trip with his dad to play the courses in valentine and he said they were the best courses he's ever played in Nebraska.. He is a member at a very nice CC so that is high praise.

Just talked to a buddy who did a trip with his dad to play the courses in valentine and he said they were the best courses he's ever played in Nebraska.. He is a member at a very nice CC so that is high praise.
Yeah, the prairie club is a sight to be seen for sure, hopefully they'll have some nice pricing options.

Yeah, the prairie club is a sight to be seen for sure, hopefully they'll have some nice pricing options.

The Prairie courses are about $195 for unlimited play on the weekends, just going by their website. Not sure if this would scare a lot of people off or not. They do have stay and play packages such as 2 days of golf and 1 night stay for $391 (according to their website) which isn't a bad deal when you consider you might be able to get in 54 holes of golf both days.

Also there are 3 courses, the Dunes Course, the Pines Course, and the Horse Course, so you don't have to replay the same course over and over.

I will make it up there one way or the other this next year, but would like to do it with THPers. The courses look absolutely incredible

The Prairie courses are about $195 for unlimited play on the weekends, just going by their website. Not sure if this would scare a lot of people off or not. They do have stay and play packages such as 2 days of golf and 1 night stay for $391 (according to their website) which isn't a bad deal when you consider you might be able to get in 54 holes of golf both days.
Yeah, I'm hoping the group rate would be able to bring that down for us, if it was some kind of shared stay rate, maybe it wouldn't be too bad to try and get in a ton of holes, but the price point is certainly quite high, I have a feeling some of the other packages or course pricing will be better, especially since the lodging options for those other town are going to be quite a bit cheaper as well.

Yeah, I'm hoping the group rate would be able to bring that down for us, if it was some kind of shared stay rate, maybe it wouldn't be too bad to try and get in a ton of holes, but the price point is certainly quite high, I have a feeling some of the other packages or course pricing will be better, especially since the lodging options for those other town are going to be quite a bit cheaper as well.

Yeah I was just going by what their website mentioned. I would hope that we could get a better rate if we brought 12-16 people like we had this past weekend in Iowa. I think 2 (Dunes and Pines) of the 3 courses are listed in the Top 100 in the country, which is pretty impressive.

Yeah I was just going by what their website mentioned. I would hope that we could get a better rate if we brought 12-16 people like we had this past weekend in Iowa. I think 2 (Dunes and Pines) of the 3 courses are listed in the Top 100 in the country, which is pretty impressive.

Yep I think Dunes was like #70 in Top 100 you Can Play in the Nation

Also there are 3 courses, the Dunes Course, the Pines Course, and the Horse Course, so you don't have to replay the same course over and over.
108 holes in 2 days makes me tired. Would be a fun trip on some great courses though.

They're all different courses to, the dune course from what I've seen is brutal, you miss the fairway you might as well drop a ball.

The pines course is down by the river and more of a conventional course, and the horse course is a par 3 course.

They're all different courses to, the dune course from what I've seen is brutal, you miss the fairway you might as well drop a ball.

The pines course is down by the river and more of a conventional course, and the horse course is a par 3 course.

I was thinking the horse course would be perfect for a Friday afternoon fun round. Maybe one club per hole!

Just get me somewhat close to an airport! :)

Back