Srixon Z 355 Irons Review

brought these out to the range yesterday to compare with some others. These easily can be considered a top iron set for 2016. Just love the ball flight, the height, the distance, and forgiveness I get out of them. Side by side testing yesterday, hit them higher and longer than my Apex CF16.

Excuse me Sir. With these being such a great 2016 iron I am seriously considering the z355, z 565, or cbx irons in graphite. I know the v sole is what I need but my biggest issue is swinging irons consistently and getting more height. I am thinking the heavier weight and other characteristics of these irons would help here? I would like to slow my transition. Any thoughts on comparing these models?

Excuse me Sir. With these being such a great 2016 iron I am seriously considering the z355, z 565, or cbx irons in graphite. I know the v sole is what I need but my biggest issue is swinging irons consistently and getting more height. I am thinking the heavier weight and other characteristics of these irons would help here? I would like to slow my transition. Any thoughts on comparing these models?

I've been gaming the Z355 irons with stock graphite shafts for almost two years now, and don't have any plans on replacing them any time soon. I hit almost everything before buying them (Titleist, Taylormade, Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Tour Edge) and hit them side-biy-side with the Z565s, which ended up being the top two on my list. Performance was almost identical between these two for me, although for me the 565s had a slight advantage in looks and feel. Bottom line, I was able to get the 355s for considerably less $$$ than the 565s, the 355s had been out for a year so discounts were available, the 565s were new on the market and going full retail everywhere. Since I hit them both just as well I went with the savings, and don't regret it. If I were buying today I wouldn't hesitate to take either one.

I've never hit the CBX irons, so I can't help there.

I've been gaming the Z355 irons with stock graphite shafts for almost two years now, and don't have any plans on replacing them any time soon. I hit almost everything before buying them (Titleist, Taylormade, Ping, Callaway, Mizuno, Tour Edge) and hit them side-biy-side with the Z565s, which ended up being the top two on my list. Performance was almost identical between these two for me, although for me the 565s had a slight advantage in looks and feel. Bottom line, I was able to get the 355s for considerably less $$$ than the 565s, the 355s had been out for a year so discounts were available, the 565s were new on the market and going full retail everywhere. Since I hit them both just as well I went with the savings, and don't regret it. If I were buying today I wouldn't hesitate to take either one.

I've never hit the CBX irons, so I can't help there.

How do you like the heavier 355 heads, does it help your consistency? Are the graphite shafts true to flex?

How do you like the heavier 355 heads, does it help your consistency? Are the graphite shafts true to flex?

I play "R" shafts, and these play pretty true for me. I like the weight of the heads, they don't feel all that heavy to me, just really well balanced. I am normally a low ball hitter, and get a nice mid ball flight with these irons.

These were the first irons I've owned with graphite shafts, now the only steel shaft in my bag is my putter. I'm a really big fan of the UST Recoil graphite iron shafts, recently put them in my wedges, and have been tempted to try them in my irons, but why mess with what works, and the Z355s work great for me as is.

I play "R" shafts, and these play pretty true for me. I like the weight of the heads, they don't feel all that heavy to me, just really well balanced. I am normally a low ball hitter, and get a nice mid ball flight with these irons.

These were the first irons I've owned with graphite shafts, now the only steel shaft in my bag is my putter. I'm a really big fan of the UST Recoil graphite iron shafts, recently put them in my wedges, and have been tempted to try them in my irons, but why mess with what works, and the Z355s work great for me as is.

What type of shot shape do you normally play? Are the z355 more draw or fade biased for you than other clubs?

What type of shot shape do you normally play? Are the z355 more draw or fade biased for you than other clubs?

Pretty straight with the long irons, fade/slice on bad shots, slight draw with mid and short irons, straight pull on bad shots. Not too much different than my old irons. You can still find some good reviews from when these were released, here on THP and elsewhere, most reviews were very positive.

Well I ordered 5-pw mostly for the vt sole so anything else good will be a bonus.

I hit these a bit on course yesterday. I like the sole, less offset than my xr's and less torque shafts than my xr's.

Back