Srixon Z 355 Irons Review

That is a nice looking bag for sure!!!
Agreed!! But they do match my bag very nicely.

The wife picked mine up today before she went to work. Regripped and lie angle to 1* flat. Total cost $35 :clapp:

They do look good in the bag!!
67056702a55ad6aa927e8eaf2dcfbcd4.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was able to get out for the first round this afternoon with these in the bag.
Initial impressions: The pictures didn't do them any justice, they look great in hand and in the bag!! You can feel that the head is just a bit heavier, but the club feels very balanced with the Nippon 950GH shaft.
1st shot was from 155 to a slightly elevated green, dropped 2 balls, first one was a 7 iron that went about 145/47 grabbed the 6 iron and put it about 157 and 10feet left of pin. (pretty consistent distance wise so far) that lasted all of about 3 holes when I realized because of the V-sole that I could get after it a bit more and not have to worry about it getting caught up in the turf. So after 18 holes I feel like I am about 1/2 club longer.
I hit these out of a variety of lies today. Heavy rough: no problem getting through it, I think the heavier head helps here.
Tight lie: Nice even shallow divot.
I did take the Cleveland 50* wedge out of the bag and played with the set AW, i like to chip around the green with it. It seems to perform similar to the Cleveland wedge, but not quite the same feel. Will have to work with this one a bit.
Into the greens I didn't seem to have an problem holding greens (I was using a ProV1X) Nice high flight on the irons on approach. I did manage to flight down a PW 2 times and had it stop with in 6 feet of the ball mark. Had 2 AW's that actually spun back just a bit (like maybe a foot)

Overall I am happy with the first outing. Should be able to get these out again tomorrow after work and on Sunday again.

Played the 2nd round with these today and shot a 79. :clapp:
The balance on these are amazing!!!! You can feel the heaviness of the head, (one of the guys I was playing with today after he tried an 8 iron commented on how much heavier feeling the head it) But you can feel it through the swing but you can feel how balanced it is also.
Distances on these are very similar to the TM Speedblades and just a bit longer than the Callaway Steelheads I have been playing.
I may have to see if I can get just a 4 iron as I have 5-AW

If anyone is hesitant about trying the V-sole, this set is cheaper than the 565 and 765 irons and would be great set to experience it.

The balance on these are amazing!!!! You can feel the heaviness of the head, (one of the guys I was playing with today after he tried an 8 iron commented on how much heavier feeling the head it) But you can feel it through the swing but you can feel how balanced it is also.
Distances on these are very similar to the TM Speedblades and just a bit longer than the Callaway Steelheads I have been playing.

FWIW I have hit more 4 irons since getting these than ever before. No fear at all when pulling it. Actually, yesterday, I hit 3 pretty spectacular shots with it; one was a punch/slice out from under some trees off of pine straw, but hey, it's effective as all heck. I also used it on a par 4 when everyone else had drivers in their hands. Guess who ended up with the best 2nd shot from the dead middle of the fairway. I had a tail wind and a bit of down hill and it went about 225, so not too bad.

Wouldnt they be near identical to the 5 series then?
The difference in them is rather small in terms of design.

Yes and that would be a great thing. The 5 & 7 series irons are some of the best looking irons ever made IMO.

Give me the looks of the 5 & 7 series and the forgiveness & distance of the 3 series & I'm pretty sure that would be my next set of irons.

If anyone is hesitant about trying the V-sole, this set is cheaper than the 565 and 765 irons and would be great set to experience it.

that's good stuff. Glad you are getting along with them so far. Distance wise this 7 iron produced the longest avg carry for me of all the irons I've reviewed for THP, with the exception of the BB OS. High launch, forgiving, and plenty of power make a great compliment to the VT Sole action.

Got to play these irons in 20mph winds today. They do launch high, but played them back in the stance just a bit to keep the flight down going into the wind and seemed to manage just fine.
My dispersion has tightened considerably with the Nippon shafts. It is just so well balanced and works with this head.

Just picked up a set of used Z355 irons (5-PW) with graphite shafts & they arrived yesterday. Went to the range: it was blowing 15-20 mph downwind, so it was hard to say what the true distance change is from my old WS Di11's, but I immediately noticed how much easier these were to swing well! Much more point & shoot.

There was a clinic just finishing up on the range, & they had net targets set at different distances; the closest two were 60 & 80 yards. I have been struggling to hit this distance range consistently this year. After a few minutes, I work out that an easy "parallel-to-parallel" swing with the PW goes a pretty consistent 60 yards, and 3/4 swing gets me to 80-90.

Played 18 this morning & those 50-90 yard shots were super-easy with the PW! I hit several to within 6 feet. Overall, these are a huge improvement, and the graphite shafts feel like they are going to be much easier on my elbow joints too! I was originally going to wait & be fitted for irons & go with what was recommended, but my elbow has been like spaghetti all year (if spaghetti could catch fire & burn), and these clubs were always the lowest price compared to other sets I was pondering, so I decided "What the hell".

I'm looking forward to learning the distances for each club. Based on what I've seen so far, they should make golfing less painful & a lot easier for me!

Mine are back in the bag and will be in play tomorrow.

Played another quick practice 9 with these irons yesterday. One thing I noticed is that this is the easiest-to-hit 5 iron I've ever tried. Normally I don't even have one in my bag (just a hybrid) but decided to try it out. The 3 swings I tried from the same spot were nice & high launching, hit the green & stayed there. When I make a good swing with these clubs the ball just seems to explode off the face (at least compared to my old irons).

These clubs make me want to get out & play every day!

Played 18 this morning, everything was on point with these clubs other than 2 pulls. Nice high ball flight, and was working great with the CS Truvis ball. The Nippon 950GH shaft is great!!!!! Very happy with these and they are in the bag for the duration of the season.

These irons are really working well for me. I love the VT soles on these - they make hitting through the ball so freaking easy. And the graphite shafts are helping reduce the wear & tear on my elbows too.

One unexpected benefit is I've been much better chipping with my PW than with my 56* MD3. I don't know if it's the VT sole or what, but I hardly ever chipped with my old PW (very inconsistent). this one is so easy to use - it saved me 3-4 putts last round for sure.

I have no way of knowing, but it doesn't appear that the 355 irons were as big of a hit as the rest of the Z irons from Srixon for some reason. I wonder if the irons that have been spied in the pics of the Cleveland CBX wedges will be take the GI iron spot in the Srixon/Cleveland family?

I have no way of knowing, but it doesn't appear that the 355 irons were as big of a hit as the rest of the Z irons from Srixon for some reason. I wonder if the irons that have been spied in the pics of the Cleveland CBX wedges will be take the GI iron spot in the Srixon/Cleveland family?

I honk you are right. Could be because they were on a different release cycle. Could be because they were cast and not forged like the 565, 765, and 965. Probably a combination of these facts sine the 565 is basically a better feeling version of these irons.

They were fine irons with the right shaft. Maybe the refreshed marketing with the Cleveland name will help the super GI category be more successful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is very little difference between 355 and 565 in size. Manufacturing difference and a bit of offset.

There is very little difference between 355 and 565 in size. Manufacturing difference and a bit of offset.
I always just assumed the 355s were a little bigger until your post. I found some comparison pics online & your assessment is spot on. They are almost identical in size.

I always just assumed the 355s were a little bigger until your post. I found some comparison pics online & your assessment is spot on. They are almost identical in size.

I think the color of the 355 makes it appear bigger, but JB is right. Last year I was able to see the 355 and 545 side by side at a local store and they appeared almost exactly the same size at address.

I had the 355's in play this morning, just solid all around. They just work and can get enough spin to stop a ball.

I had the 355's in play this morning, just solid all around. They just work and can get enough spin to stop a ball.
I swear I posted these somewhere in the forums, but can't find them. I took these when I switched from 545 to 355 after my fitting. I took the shots because I was really surprised the 355 is actually a bit smaller than the 545, especially heel to toe. See pics in spoiler tag.
I also remember looking up the offsets between the two sets and the only bigger differences were in the 3,4,5 then they were almost immeasurable going down the set.
Spoiler
IMG_20170126_205911.jpgIMG_20170126_210018.jpgIMG_20170126_210248.jpg

Just picked these up for a steal with a set of shafts I've been wanted to tinker with, a total experiment, but should be some fun.

6-AW with C Taper Lite. Going to be an interesting start to 2018!

Just picked these up for a steal with a set of shafts I've been wanted to tinker with, a total experiment, but should be some fun.

6-AW with C Taper Lite. Going to be an interesting start to 2018!

Good deal! I really like mine. Let me know what you think of the AW - my set didn't have one.

was wondering about this in the graphite shafts and how they hold up, i have what i would call a diggers swing

Mine are holding up fine (only half a season though).

People, there is a set of these in the marketplace for a steal. Buy some for your friends, your kids, someone!!!

Back