Srixon Z H85 Hybrid Review

SoIL

Were people mostly using the 2 or 3 hybrid?

I have a 2 and it was an absolute missile launcher. It was basically a 4 wood with a tiny head that was solid from the tee or fairway.

I believe it was a mixed bag between 2’s and 3’s. I have the 3h myself because that usually gaps pretty well between my 3W and 4i.

I agree though, it has a hot face on it. Nice mix between a distance and players profile hybrids that just check all the boxes for me.

The Srixon Hybrid 16* was my choosing for the Distance event sponsored by Srixon. This was my 2nd hybrid club Ive gamed and was curious on how it would compare to my previous gamer.
From setup the club is beautiful, matching the other woods it has a great view when you sit it down behind the ball. The shaft in the club is the Hzurdus Black stiff. I had some concerns about the flight/spin before hitting it but more to come on the results.
I peeled off the plastic for its first go run on the course, the sound coming off is solid, not dull but not loud in any way either. This goes for center hits and misses, I didn’t see a huge drop off in distance or dispersion on mis hit shots. The flight coming off the club was great. Not too high and spinny but not a worm burner either putting my mind at ease from earlier concern. Off the tee and off the fairway it is beast mode, great for short par 4’s off the tee, and for shots coming into the green it produces enough spin to hold the green. I didn’t have the going left fear and didn’t hit it left like I have with previous hybrids which is probably a combination of hitting hybrids before and the ease of the setup with this but in definitely inspires confidence for those tee shots and longer shots into the greens.

240011e97b46b4e5416f1a55ffb56c64.jpg
65bf376f4e68d1031a1b37056ba370bb.jpg
42391eeff979edb7446fa8776f74a2fe.jpg
464b0b370faecdaefbe8a32232c85605.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice review chef.

I can see this being a weapon for a lot of people on the course especially for those who dont like fairways.

Only got to hit this once in my round yesterday, 235 into a slight breeze and slightly uphill to a par 5 green. I knew it wasn’t enough club but wanted to see what it could do. Just like every shot I’ve hit with it before, a great piercing trajectory with a slight draw and came up 5 yds short. I love this thing, it is such an awesome weapon to have granted only hitting it once during the round it’s great to know that shot is in the bag if needed.

Pre round i hit a few on the range and another one of the guys behind me was hitting is hybrid with a smother hook, so after a few i said hey hit this. Dude just killed it, 5 in a row just deep (he’s part of our regular group and hits the ball a mile), flipped the club up looked at it and then ordered while on the range. It was hilarious, he just smiled and said well that’s all the testing i needed to know i like it.

...Pre round i hit a few on the range and another one of the guys behind me was hitting is hybrid with a smother hook, so after a few i said hey hit this. Dude just killed it, 5 in a row just deep (he’s part of our regular group and hits the ball a mile), flipped the club up looked at it and then ordered while on the range. It was hilarious, he just smiled and said well that’s all the testing i needed to know i like it.

That is an awesome story ordering one standing right on the range! These are at the top my my hybrid pondering this season. Awfully close to becoming a thing. Does anyone have both the 2 and 3?

H85 22* has been ordered. Now, to pair it with a 19* (what I play now, the safe gapping bet), or, more firepower with the 2H? 2H might gap better with a potential Original One 3w replacement... hmmm.

Lots of hybrids in play at The Distance - how is everyone getting along a few weeks later?

Oh this club and I are having a great relationship. Saturday range session I flew about 10 in a row within 15 ft of the 230 marker into about a club wind. It’s such a fun weapon to have in the bag and confidence is high with it!

3f49a681f4aea3a90c1c88d038d69a8d.jpg

Ha ha - that is exactly the banter I need to hear!

I just got mine last week...

Instant love.. up til earlier this year I played with a 4 iron [765] and decided to go with the hybrid for more consistency.. best golf decision I've made in a long time...

976e35d349eb4db2a8bb1e9ab421a44e8b8e723519855550606ba1a2d09815cb.jpg
3h and 4h have shipped - I'm gonna nickname them Shake... and Bake.

CBdw1jmUYAAMazi.jpg

3h and 4h have shipped - I'm gonna nickname them Shake... and Bake.

CBdw1jmUYAAMazi.jpg

If you ain’t first, you’re last!!

Dripping with aesthetic appeal I am pretty excited about these. Such an outright good looking golf club with a clean classic shape and metallic black paint, matte shaft - right in my wheelhouse.

Performance and feel were great when testing in store I’m stoked for what’s ahead on course

17c822ffa0b9e6af65948b5c8f4e5f3e.jpg

4da6ba856826bba082c33e6db2ae54fe.jpg

5f00876d34f406f8d0365c7f16306f03.jpg

b07a86075c14d507020ddd9139c84ae5.jpg

Dripping with aesthetic appeal I am pretty excited about these. Such an outright good looking golf club with a clean classic shape and metallic black paint, matte shaft - right in my wheelhouse.

Performance and feel were great when testing in store I’m stoked for what’s ahead on course

Love it! Fire up the cocaine and waffles!

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts on it man! These hybrids can truly be weapons in the right hands, fire away!!!

I used to 4h today for a couple of second shots of Par 5's. Once from rough, and once from the fairway. Both came off well and I was really happy with ease of launch, trajectory, and overall results. Both times I was able to set up well positioned 3rd shots in the fairway, and had plenty of confidence making solid contact from scrappy lies. Very good first outing.

It is amazing to me that this thread is only on its third page after 7 months, when other clubs accumulate three pages in 7 hours. I mean, I almost can't see how these don't have something to offer everyone. They perform amazingly well, every bit as good as the irons for which Srixon gets regular praise. Great profile for a hybrid that very classic and middle of the road between deeper more "fairway" head and shallow profile. They are easy to hit, consistent, the shape and metallic black finish looks great, and did I mention the 4h got me up and down for a birdie look/easy par from JAIL and barely broke a sweat? I think these sticks easily perform toe-to-toe with G410 and Apex for my game, so I'm bumping this thread to say so!

Last edited:
It is amazing to me that this thread is only on its third page after 7 months, when other clubs accumulate three pages in 7 hours. I mean, I almost can't see how these don;t have something to offer everyone. They perform amazingly well for me, every bit as good as the irons for which Srixon gets regular praise. Great profile for a hybrid that very calssic and middle of the road between deeper more "fairway" head and shallow profile. They are easy to hit, consistent, the shape and metallic black finish looks great, and did I mention the 4h got me up and down for a birdie look/easy par from JAIL and barely broke a sweat? I think these sticks easily perform toe-to-toe with G410 and Apex for my game, so I'm bumping this thread to say so!

Totally agree man! If more people had the opportunity or would give them a shot they would be pleasantly surprised. The metal woods are absolutely catching up to the irons and the future is extremely bright for the Srixon brand as a whole. Glad that you’re are seeing what we saw at the Distance Event with Srixon, the hybrid was really a crowd favorite.

It is amazing to me that this thread is only on its third page after 7 months, when other clubs accumulate three pages in 7 hours. I mean, I almost can't see how these don't have something to offer everyone. They perform amazingly well, every bit as good as the irons for which Srixon gets regular praise. Great profile for a hybrid that very classic and middle of the road between deeper more "fairway" head and shallow profile. They are easy to hit, consistent, the shape and metallic black finish looks great, and did I mention the 4h got me up and down for a birdie look/easy par from JAIL and barely broke a sweat? I think these sticks easily perform toe-to-toe with G410 and Apex for my game, so I'm bumping this thread to say so!

I would love to try a 2H given I hit hybrids better than woods but no one in my area sells them.

Srixon hybrid is continuing to impress me every time I hit it though I only swung it once on the course yesterday, it was 230 from a fairway bunker on a par 5. Perfect strike which just missed the green left. Amazing how solid and easy these are to hit from any lie. There is zero I would change about this club, not a I wish i hit it higher or lower, blah blah blah it is perfect. One of my friends that hit it on the range a few weeks ago and bought one instantly on his phone says the same about his. Just loves to hit it and has no 2nd thoughts about pulling it out for any shot. They hold the greens when hitting into them, easy to hit out of the rough, sand, and fairway. I don't miss looking down at a 2 iron or 3 iron at all having this club in my bag.

My 2h from Srixon isn’t fair to the golf course at all. Got to hit it twice on Sunday, first hole from the rough with a cut on it and hit it out there about 230 yds, then on the 6th hole a par 5 into the wind. I had 272 and pured it, caught a nice bounce forward in the fairway and rolled out to about 245.

So much fun when I get to hit this club, full of confidence and it’s a rarity that it goes array. Paired with the HZRDUS black shaft it just has a great piercing trajectory

My 2h from Srixon isn’t fair to the golf course at all. Got to hit it twice on Sunday, first hole from the rough with a cut on it and hit it out there about 230 yds, then on the 6th hole a par 5 into the wind. I had 272 and pured it, caught a nice bounce forward in the fairway and rolled out to about 245.

So much fun when I get to hit this club, full of confidence and it’s a rarity that it goes array. Paired with the HZRDUS black shaft it just has a great piercing trajectory

I am right here with you echoing your comments about fun to hit, great trajectory, and awesome confidence. I look forward to hitting these as much as anything in the bag. The 4h is a sleeper. Its so long off the tee and versatile from the rough and fairway, that I've been hitting just as much as the 3h. Everything from big baked draws off the tee, to 90% cuts feathering down the yardage, these are a gas.

PS - Every time I pull them from the bag I'm now reminded of your Cocaine & Waffles comment, and it makes me crack a smile every time I pull one. Because for one I'm a huge racing fan. So thanks for the endless smiles on that one!

Another fun fun fun couple of rounds with this today. The 2 Hybrid got some work off the tee on a few holes on a couple short par 4's, a couple of par 3's and on a par 5. Im still figuring out distance when trying to choke down on it and hit it shorter shots but it's so solid I'm just gonna blame the club and not me. LOL

Shot of the day was with this club in particular, 256 into a par 5 playing downwind. Gave it a go and put it up there about 15 feet and made the eagle putt. My confidence with this club is crazy, the downside being I think i can hit it further than I can at times but it doesnt disappoint in performance of what it can do. It rolls out in the fairway and stops fairly quickly on the greens, a great weapon to put into the bag.

I pulled my 16* hybrid out of the old bag and put it into play today. I really can hit this hybrid as far as my 3 wood. Hybrids just seem to fit me better and these things are rocket launchers.

Back