I really want to pull the trigger on a set of ZX5 MKii, but the graphite shafts I want are not offered.

Check with an authorized retailer. They have options in their portal that aren't necessarily on the website.

I really want to pull the trigger on a set of ZX5 MKii, but the graphite shafts I want are not offered.
Get what you want, then order the Srixons with a popular shaft 1” long spec with the regular head not the lighter, grip in the box then sell the pull to recoup some of the preferred shaft.

Last edited:
This feels like an excuse to me. Anybody else? :ROFLMAO:

Even though there is an Atmospheric River heading to Los Angeles....

Spring arrived yesterday.

In soggy wet conditions, the Zx5 mkii V-Soles kept me in the game, smiling and basking in the rain.

They are a definite Super Game Improvement iron for my game. Although listed in the Players Distance Irons category.

They were drop and stop when I hit any part of the greens. But to be fair the conditions were soft, and very receptive greens.

But most welcomed is the feel. Somehow, they squeezed the Mizuno MP-5'S Channel Back Blade feel into a Cup Face Cavity Back. IMHO.

Whether it was artificial intelligence or just plain human ingenuity, I can't say.

But I am definitely looking forward to testing them out on the hard pan rolling links of golfing this summer.

P. S. The CBX Zipcore Full Face 2 Cavity Back (chippers disguised as Wedges) are also no slouch.

Best Improvement of the clubs in my bag since I gave up Persimmon Woods, Mashies, Niblicks, Baffies, and Spoons.

M2C.

CheersIMG-20230228-WA0001.jpeg

Screenshot_20230310_105256_Chrome.jpg

As You wish sir.

Srixon's Stock Graphite offering.

I saw that, I want the 90's or Recoil 95's. I called CS and they are checking on ordering and availability. fingers crossed.
Understand totally understand.

I actually bit the bullet and just custom ordered the True Temper X100 shafts plus 1" inch (for a small upcharge). And I honestly couldn't be happier.

The perfect combination of shaft and club head makes all the difference.

Which of course you already perfectly understand.

Cross your fingers. And best of luck.

They were total professional and built my custom order with matching my grip, shaft and specs like the classy organization Srixon has already a reputation to be.

Cheers :)

Even though there is an Atmospheric River heading to Los Angeles....

Spring arrived yesterday.

In soggy wet conditions, the Zx5 mkii V-Soles kept me in the game, smiling and basking in the rain.

They are a definite Super Game Improvement iron for my game. Although listed in the Players Distance Irons category.

They were drop and stop when I hit any part of the greens. But to be fair the conditions were soft, and very receptive greens.

But most welcomed is the feel. Somehow, they squeezed the Mizuno MP-5'S Channel Back Blade feel into a Cup Face Cavity Back. IMHO.

Whether it was artificial intelligence or just plain human ingenuity, I can't say.

But I am definitely looking forward to testing them out on the hard pan rolling links of golfing this summer.

P. S. The CBX Zipcore Full Face 2 Cavity Back (chippers disguised as Wedges) are also no slouch.

Best Improvement of the clubs in my bag since I gave up Persimmon Woods, Mashies, Niblicks, Baffies, and Spoons.

M2C.

CheersView attachment 9162961

@Johan185 good to see you! Nice clubs.

it's amazing. I love the 7's. And most of last year I played an iron of similar size with the Honma TW747vx irons. So shape/size wise it appeals to me so much. But I just always gravitate to those 5s. Perhaps it's because I first fell in love with the 545.

Totally agree.

The look, feel and sound on impact between the ZX7 MKII and the ZX5 MKII were virtually indistinguishable.

I keep going back and forth between the ZX7 and ZX5 during my Trackman Srixon fitting, just focusing on the look at address, sound and feel on impact. And honestly, I couldn't tell which one I had just swung unless I looked at the Srixon badge.

On good swings the ZX5 was 3 to 5 yards longer with virtually identical spin numbers between the two clubs.

The main difference for me was a slight improvement in the dispersion, with the ZX5 barely edging out the ZX7 by 3 yards.

Pilot/user error being the culprit.

But pound for pound it was a very close match up. With my swing obviously needing the benefits of the ZX5 offered without any lost in bag appeal or topline thickness to worry about at address.

Great Review 👍

Back in the Srixon fold. I took a flier on the Mizuno Hot Metals. I got fit at 2nd Swing and the numbers were great. But IRL, if just didn't jive with them. They looked a lot bigger (should have went with the pros) and realized how the V-sole was just SO good for my game.

I'd hoped to buy my old ones back, but they were already sold. So I used the Playability guarantee and put in an order for a new set of ZX5s. Ultimately an expensive foray I didn't to take. In hindsight, I loved the ZX5s and there was no reason to go away from them.

I had the first shakedown range session with the Mkii ZX5s today. I'd played 4 rounds and multiple range sessions with the Hot Metals and nothing felt right. Within 2 shots with the Mkii ZX5s, everything was right with the world again. Just straight shots with a high powerful ballflight. I was stupid to move away from a club I loved. Lesson learned.

They only difference between the previous version was they felt slightly better at impact.

I mentioned it before, but if the ZX4 were one length, I would have bought them over the Cobra. I missed OLin my bag, but look/feel/sound of ZX4 were great for me.

Im still contemplating a ZX4 set .

You can't go wrong. After testing and comparing 7 irons in the Ping G430, Titleist T300 (my gamers), JPX Hot Metal, and ZX4, I came to the conclusion that the ZX4's will be my new gamers. Finally, something that delivers better performance than my T300's. I will be playing my first round with them this week...hopefully the weather holds; otherwise, it won't be for a few more weeks. Been hitting them all indoors.

I had the first shakedown range session with the Mkii ZX5s today. I'd played 4 rounds and multiple range sessions with the Hot Metals and nothing felt right. Within 2 shots with the Mkii ZX5s, everything was right with the world again. Just straight shots with a high powerful ballflight. I was stupid to move away from a club I loved. Lesson learned.

They only difference between the previous version was they felt slightly better at impact.
Agree about the differences. Slight but noticeable.

Get what you want, then order the Srixons with a popular shaft 1” long spec with the regular head not the lighter, grip in the box then sell the pull to recoup some of the preferred shaft.

requesting for regular head makes it easier for builds in the future? i was fitted with half inch overlength and D5 SW with C taper lite and midsize grip +2 wraps. i realize on their website they use a lighter head for builds 1/2 inch overlength. my fitter said it’s better to have a lighter initial SW to add on and make it heavier as compared to going from heavier to lighter.

does anyone know how do they use a lighter clubhead? less material? or those weights at the hosels?

Went with the non halo launcher XLs last year over the zx4s. More consistent distance wise for me. That said next set will likely be the new zx4 or zx5.

requesting for regular head makes it easier for builds in the future? i was fitted with half inch overlength and D5 SW with C taper lite and midsize grip +2 wraps. i realize on their website they use a lighter head for builds 1/2 inch overlength. my fitter said it’s better to have a lighter initial SW to add on and make it heavier as compared to going from heavier to lighter.

does anyone know how do they use a lighter clubhead? less material? or those weights at the hosels?
The 1” over length would require a lighter head to manage SW. If you were to sell the shaft 1” long allows more people the option to buy it which was my original suggestion. A lighter head would most likely add the weight in the hosel to build up weight which would make the face easier to turn over unless this was the goal in the fitting for those who have issues to the right. The lighter head requires adding vs subtracting which means drilling out a hosel for weight which the fitter is correct on but the previous post was on getting heads for a 95g shaft vs 105-115g and 1/2” long. The head weights could be simple as manufacturing tolerances being sorted to heavy vs light.

Totally get it about everything felt right.
2 years ago had set up Vaca in NC and had heard about UTry. $50 for full set of Irons for 2 weeks, free shipping both ways. Read about ZX5s here and decided to try them. Looked up specs on my old Zing Shafts and Modus 105s matched.
Every swing from 1st felt like Zings but with the Buttery feel of Forged. Never had to adjust my swing while trying them. What really sold me was Turf interaction in the Rough...what Rough, Wow.

In classic Fedex fashion the box came damaged and open on one end, but thankfully they were all good.

Had another range session with the ZX7 yesterday and feel like I am starting to figure them out. The long irons are still a little scary but I'm starting to get more comfortable each time I swing them. They are weaker lofted than my previous irons and I'm thinking that bending them a degree strong might be a good call. I just don't want to mess of the V Sole and what its doing. Has anyone bent any of the ZX series strong? How did it treat you?

Crap! Bought the new ZX5’s and NEVER should have hit the ZX4’s on demo day. Will play another couple of rounds but I’m seriously thinking for the first time in my life, taking advantage of the 90 day return policy :(

Back