Had some beautiful iron shots my last round. I made an effort to slow down my back swing and to not rush my hips in the downswing. It worked. Sticking greens from 170 and further was tough with my old clubs. Basically a coin flop.

The combination of forgiveness and distance really has me feeling confident from farther out. Hit the green from 192 with a 5 iron, twice with a 6 iron from 175+, and stuck a 7 iron from 170 for a birdie. I love these clubs.

Got the 5's recently, and the than the AW having a wider than prefered sole, I love them.
Toying with the ZX7 AW right now.
Iron play has improved since they've been in the bag, for sure.

Son plays baseball tournaments at a complex 40 mins south of us. He had 8 am game today which meant 7 am he had to be there. There is course w/ range a mile down the road so dropped him off and headed there. Working on my grip (literally had a customer drop a grip trainer off at office) and today at range I was flushing my ZX4’s and aiming dead straight at target. Maybe fixing the grip will help as direction can be one of my biggest weaknesses. Wish I had time to go play today but off to grad party. Can’t wait to see if it translates to course. Still nothing better than flushing this 5 iron and watching it fly high & 190-200 yds!

My iron swing has been a real struggle at times this summer, but I feel like it's coming around.

I wanted to talk feel a little bit, because the 4's are probably perceived differently than the 5's, and especially the 7's. Rightfully so, I'm sure. I'm not sure how you make a better feeling hollowbody on center impacts though. Nice, solid crack at impact that doesn't have that gross hollow click you get sometimes.

I will say the heel is maybe the most unsatisfying place to hit the ball, but that's universal I think. Brings up the point that, even with the HB construction, the responsiveness is very evident. I feel like I can tell where I miss on the face, down to very slight misses.

Has anyone else had to wait a long time for the ZX7 MK ii’s? I’ve been waiting since May 22nd for my order with DG AMT shafts.

My iron swing has been a real struggle at times this summer, but I feel like it's coming around.

I wanted to talk feel a little bit, because the 4's are probably perceived differently than the 5's, and especially the 7's. Rightfully so, I'm sure. I'm not sure how you make a better feeling hollowbody on center impacts though. Nice, solid crack at impact that doesn't have that gross hollow click you get sometimes.

I will say the heel is maybe the most unsatisfying place to hit the ball, but that's universal I think. Brings up the point that, even with the HB construction, the responsiveness is very evident. I feel like I can tell where I miss on the face, down to very slight misses.

I'm sure it's because i'm hitting them right next to the ZX7s, but I have a real hard time telling where I'm missing with the ZX4s. Partially because they fly just as far out on the toe where my normal miss is.

I'm sure it's because i'm hitting them right next to the ZX7s, but I have a real hard time telling where I'm missing with the ZX4s. Partially because they fly just as far out on the toe where my normal miss is.

My main miss is also the toe and I am able to feel it on ZX4's. As said though... not much lost distance wise. Maybe 10 yds at most on bad ones.

My main miss is also the toe and I am able to feel it on ZX4's. As said though... not much lost distance wise. Maybe 10 yds at most on bad ones.

One thing I like is the stability of the 4 on those toe misses. Pretty common for me to snap the face shut with that swing and I don't see much of that with them.

I got the 48* CBX Zipcore as my gap wedge. It flows perfectly from the ZX5 PW....almost like it's a part of the same set. It's one of my favorite clubs in that the sole seems to perform so well in firm or soft conditions.

If I was ordering again I would think about that as an option. I went ZX7 in the PW/AW with the lofts adjusted but I could see the CBX Zipcore as a great full swing alternative. I do like having the same shaft in my gap wedge though as it is largely a full swing club for me.

ZX4s look good but the 5s also have my eye, to be honest. They look amazing

One thing I like is the stability of the 4 on those toe misses. Pretty common for me to snap the face shut with that swing and I don't see much of that with them.
Same and same. Helps tremendously.

These are just great feeling irons. They give you a great amount of pop and a real nice ball flight. I am hitting a lot more greens and staying on them this summer. I really enjoy playing these.

Was a very interesting day on the course. I just keeps myself in jail off the tee box all day, only hit 4 fairways all day, 3 of those being par 5. Because of that I got a LOT of practice hitting recovery shots. One of the things I like about the Zx7 irons is the ability to hit those recovery shots. Low punch outs under branches…yup did that a few times. Big hooks or slices through a gap and try to get somewhere near a green…yup hit a bunch of those today. Biggest was a 7i from about 150 out, had to punch low but was aiming a good 50yrds left of the green trying to play a huge slice. Cut it a little too much and put it in the front right bunker. These irons can really do some great things.

Even the ZX7s let you hit those low recoveries. Given my swing issues earlier in the year my punch out game is elite. I don't even need one of these:

Got the 5's recently, and the than the AW having a wider than prefered sole, I love them.
Toying with the ZX7 AW right now.
Iron play has improved since they've been in the bag, for sure.

I have a ZX7 AW in my setup and it has been a good fit. I did have the loft strengthened a degree to 50* from I think the stock 51 to get the gapping to fit. Another option would be to look at either an RTX or CBX wedge to fit the gap. I like having the same shaft in my AW as it is mostly a full swing club for me.

ZX4s look good but the 5s also have my eye, to be honest. They look amazing
My Son is back from College so we've been playing several rounds together ❤️. It started with a round where it was Cart path only and he had wrong Club in hand so he borrowed my ZX5. I have created a Monster, anytime he needs Club and is near Cart he grabs my ZX5s. I believe we have another Srixon convert.
P.S. I so want to surprise him with a set but I keep telling myself he has to learn to stand on his own two feet... please argue that I'm wrong. 😀

My Son is back from College so we've been playing several rounds together ❤. It started with a round where it was Cart path only and he had wrong Club in hand so he borrowed my ZX5. I have created a Monster, anytime he needs Club and is near Cart he grabs my ZX5s. I believe we have another Srixon convert.
P.S. I so want to surprise him with a set but I keep telling myself he has to learn to stand on his own two feet... please argue that I'm wrong. 😀
Maybe a graduation gift at some point?

Maybe a graduation gift at some point?
Twins both Graduated at same time. Would have to come up with something for other one. They compete. You have to realize it can be so bad that while in line at Grocery Store (they were young) I told Nick " go ahead and grab 2 Snickers for you both. He grabbed 2 and commenced to weighing them before handing one to his Brother. We still joke about it.

Twins both Graduated at same time. Would have to come up with something for other one. They compete. You have to realize it can be so bad that while in line at Grocery Store (they were young) I told Nick " go ahead and grab 2 Snickers for you both. He grabbed 2 and commenced to weighing them before handing one to his Brother. We still joke about it.
Why I got both my kids into golf - makes it simple (but expensive)

My Son is back from College so we've been playing several rounds together ❤. It started with a round where it was Cart path only and he had wrong Club in hand so he borrowed my ZX5. I have created a Monster, anytime he needs Club and is near Cart he grabs my ZX5s. I believe we have another Srixon convert.
I say surprise him with a set. There are too few real passions and loves in the world. If he has one with these irons and golfing with his dad, then spoil him with it. He'll always remember it.

That’s awesome. Always happy but a bit envious of people who get to golf with my kids. Neither of mine wanted to play, despite living by a course and having easy access. My oldest told me at 22 that she wishes she would have learned. And encouraged her brother to learn. But he still has zero interest.

I seriously thought I was getting the distances on my ZX5's dialed in....until today. I'm starting to think the smoother you swing these babies, the more distance you get. I'm pairing them with the Z Star Diamonds at the moment and it's a great combo. This morning, playing a quick 9 holes, I had one par 5 hole, I'm ready for my 2nd shot uphill to the green, 213yds out. It's on the front of a 3 tiered green so I don't want to go over, let alone get to the middle tier. So I pull my 5 iron. I landed that puppy on the green, rolled 10ft past the pin, and still had a nasty downhill putt, (I barely touch and it goes 9 ft by... but that's another issue). But the 5 iron was golden. That was on the 12th hole. Then I get to the 18th hole, I'm out 175 yds, but it's downhill with a deep pin. So I pull my 9 iron with the pin on the back and not wanting to go over but.....You guessed it. I took a nice, smooth swing and I flew the green. I'm at higher elevation but these irons go!! Such great distance, with stopping power. Great irons!!

Here I am thinking dang 213 carry 5 Iron, best I can do is 200. Then I read the rest...I have hope. 😀

Maybe an incentive for the other twin to get into golf.

When I got selected for the experience my son took my previous gen ZX5s and replaced his TM 790s. He likes the distance control better and finds them more accurate but some of that could be shaft.

Back