Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I got a set of these ZX7s as an experiment of sorts. Kinda a polar opposite of the set I’m currently playing.

More ‘traditional’ loft that is 3° difference from my 923 HMP’s. Shaft weight is opposite end of the spectrum. These have 120g Project X LZ shafts 923s have Recoil 95s.

Zx7 obviously have a different smaller head profile with less offset.

It will be interesting to me to find out how they perform for me. I’ll document a lot of that here.

I got a set of these ZX7s as an experiment of sorts. Kinda a polar opposite of the set I’m currently playing.

More ‘traditional’ loft that is 3° difference from my 923 HMP’s. Shaft weight is opposite end of the spectrum. These have 120g Project X LZ shafts 923s have Recoil 95s.

It will be interesting to me to find out how they perform for me. I’ll document a lot of that here.
You'll like them, awesome irons.

You'll like them, awesome irons.
I hope so I just picked them up this morning and probably won’t be able to put any swings on them until tomorrow. I might be able to sneak away for a few twilight holes tonight, hopefully :D

The LZ's have been good to me so far this year, I'll be following along for your thoughts as a set of 7's is on my watchlist locally.

Yes, I saw those but knew that shaft would not work for me. Have fun with them.

Some initial thoughts without swinging them. The V Sole looks very interesting and something I can’t wait to feel thru the turf. It just looks like it’s gonna get thru the turf easily, I like that.

Swing weight is listed at D3 swing weight on 923s are around D2. I feel like it’s possible the heavier swing weight and shaft weight might help me with tempo. I sometimes ‘lose’ the feel of the head with my current gamers. Will be interesting to see if it does.

Loft difference:
1688574316532.pngI’m going to need to play every shot +1 club. Current distances are 175-180 7i and 10y gaps up and down. That will be an adjustment.

Curious to see what you think! I absolutely love the ZX5, and have hit the ZX7 and they are not quite as long or as forgiving but the feel is amazing.

Some initial thoughts without swinging them. The V Sole looks very interesting and something I can’t wait to feel thru the turf. It just looks like it’s gonna get thru the turf easily, I like that.

Swing weight is listed at D3 swing weight on 923s are around D2. I feel like it’s possible the heavier swing weight and shaft weight might help me with tempo. I sometimes ‘lose’ the feel of the head with my current gamers. Will be interesting to see if it does.

Loft difference:
View attachment 9190675I’m going to need to play every shot +1 club. Current distances are 175-180 7i and 10y gaps up and down. That will be an adjustment.
Drop 2 balls in the rough and play both Brands. You will be pleasantly surprised with the Srixon

Loft difference:
View attachment 9190675I’m going to need to play every shot +1 club. Current distances are 175-180 7i and 10y gaps up and down. That will be an adjustment.
The v sole is a game changer. I don’t really buy into “tech” very often but the v sole is the real deal

The v sole is a game changer. I don’t really buy into “tech” very often but the v sole is the real deal

I have to be honest, I'm VERY curious how the new Titleist stuff will compare in the turf interaction once I get fit for the event. The V Sole is LE-GIT.

I have to be honest, I'm VERY curious how the new Titleist stuff will compare in the turf interaction once I get fit for the event. The V Sole is LE-GIT.
I have never hit Titleist irons on turf but the soles do look like they would cut through it pretty well

I have never hit Titleist irons on turf but the soles do look like they would cut through it pretty well

I mean, I'm sure they're good, don't get me wrong, but Srixon is the benchmark in terms of turf interaction as far as I'm concerned so Titleist will have to impress me!

Drop 2 balls in the rough and play both Brands. You will be pleasantly surprised with the Srixon
I definitely plan on playing a few practice rounds with 20+ clubs in the bag 😜

I bought ZX5 OG irons over a month ago with the Nippon 105-S shafts and I absolutely love them. I got them new off of eBay so at a great price which is why I went for the OG model over MKII since I read there’s very little difference in them. I played Cleveland UHX irons previously so I was already sold on the soles

I bought ZX5 OG irons over a month ago with the Nippon 105-S shafts and I absolutely love them. I got them new off of eBay so at a great price which is why I went for the OG model over MKII since I read there’s very little difference in them. I played Cleveland UHX irons previously so I was already sold on the soles
I have seen some great prices on 1st Gen that I have. Maybe one day I'll surprise my Son with a set.

I have seen some great prices on 1st Gen that I have. Maybe one day I'll surprise my Son with a set.
Great minds think alike. My son is having a hard time with my UHX irons due to their offset. He’s a hockey player and every shot with my old irons goes left for him

Ok, quick range session. But I think we might have something here.
The sound and feel are soooooooo freaking good. Those two things are huge for me soto say I’m impressed is an understatement.

You can see just how much these blow my mind in the video. I had to break out the censor button :ROFLMAO:

The sound and feel are soooooooo freaking good. Those two things are huge for me soto say I’m impressed is an understatement.

You can see just how much these blow my mind in the video. I had to break out the censor button :ROFLMAO:

:LOL:

Oopsies.😂

I have the same reaction every time I play my Zx7 MKii. They just feel so incredibly good

I have the same reaction every time I play my Zx7 MKii. They just feel so incredibly good
You know, the part that’s blowing my mind even more is that feeling was with the Pinnacle Rocks they have at that range. I can’t wait to hit a V1x tomorrow 🤯

You know, the part that’s blowing my mind even more is that feeling was with the Pinnacle Rocks they have at that range. I can’t wait to hit a V1x tomorrow 🤯
Get ready to be blown away. They are just so dang good

Back