Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

My T100s are good through the turf but they can dig a bit more than the Srixons do.
It’s that V sole…I’m telling you it’s some kind of voodoo magic

My ZX5s are glued up with Recoil 95s and curing. They will be in the bag tomorrow afternoon for some range time.
What was previous shaft?

The ZX5s are the 1st Irons I have ever swooned over. When asked about my Zings when I played long ago was they were forgiving. With the Srixon I have to be careful not to hold up play 😂

First on course shots with the ZX7.
Yep, mmhhmmm…. Like that.

The turf interaction with these are so good

Last edited:
Just a casual one shot off of PB at my home course. (Is a PB from this teebox) Don’t hate that. Front side was dialing in the new distances with this different loft. Backside was completely dialed.
IMG_3602.jpegI didn’t hit a bad shot iron shot with these all day. Some were off line some were short, but no bad contact. I think maybe the smaller shape is making me really concentrate and work for it. I don’t know.
  • Shafts feel good.
  • I like the increased swing weight.
  • Turf interaction is insanely amazing.
  • They feel incredible.
I wonder if this is what love feels like?

Last edited:
Just a casual one shot off of PB at my home course. (Is a PB from this teebox) Don’t hate that. Front side was dialing in the new distances with this different loft. Backside was completely dialed.
View attachment 9190807I didn’t hit a bad shot iron shot with these all day. Some were off line some were short, but no bad contact. I think maybe the smaller shape is making me really concentrate and work for it. I don’t know.
  • Shafts feel good.
  • They feel incredible.
Don't ask me my Wife said I loved her so I went along with it... just kidding.;)

View attachment 9190807I didn’t hit a bad shot iron shot with these all day. Some were off line some were short, but no bad contact. I think maybe the smaller shape is making me really concentrate and work for it. I don’t know.
  • Shafts feel good.
  • They feel incredible.

Hell yeah buddy! These irons are so stupid good. As much as I looove the ZX5 I do wonder whether I would have been able to game a combo with ZX7 from like 7 or 8 iron down. Decided to keep it simple though.

Hell yeah buddy! These irons are so stupid good. As much as I looove the ZX5 I do wonder whether I would have been able to game a combo with ZX7 from like 7 or 8 iron down. Decided to keep it simple though.
The Zx7 is a lot more forgiving than you would expect

The Zx7 is a lot more forgiving than you would expect
Yeah agree. In the small sample size of today I did hit a toe side 7i that I that I thought was doomed but it stayed online. Not as forgiving out of the toe as the 923 HMPs. But not penal.

It’s that V sole…I’m telling you it’s some kind of voodoo magic
But it's sure the voodoo I want around! Other voodoo, not so much;) I'm sure not complaining about the turf interaction. It works so beautifully. I'm a steep swinger and it just helps me make good, clean contact. Do I still take a divot? Sure. But for some reason it doesn't keep digging. It's like the v-sole levels you out at the bottom. Why? No clue. But it works!!

Last edited:
But it's sure the voodoo I want around! Other voodoo, not so much;) I'm sure not complaining about the turf interaction. It works so beautifully. I'm a steep singer and it just helps me make good, clean contact. Do I still take a divot? Sure. But for some reason it doesn't keep digging. It's like the v-sole levels you out at the bottom. Why? No clue. But it works!!
Exactly. I'm pretty steep too and can dig some serious trenches. The V-Sole just somehow turns the club back up instead of keep digging.

Like you I thought about a combo set but I figured I’d take the extra distance with the ZX5s and I have no regrets doing so.

I had 142 left in on #18 this morning. I pulled 9i and hit it pure perfect little tight draw. This thing was tracking the pin the whole way. It landed 4 inches short of the cup. Jumped up banged off the flagstick and ended 4ft away. Cheers erupt from the parking lot right off 18 green. I walk up and sink the birdie putt.

I love these irons.

• Shafts feel good.
  • They feel incredible.
[/QUOQUOTE]
Which shafts did you go with? Your distances are similar to mine & I have a very similar swing.

I am hoping for me irons in the future and the intrigue me the most, I really want to hit the zx4s though, and compare them to the 5's

I had 142 left in on #18 this morning. I pulled 9i and hit it pure perfect little tight draw. This thing was tracking the pin the whole way. It landed 4 inches short of the cup. Jumped up banged off the flagstick and ended 4ft away. Cheers erupt from the parking lot right off 18 green. I walk up and sink the birdie putt.

I love these irons.
Glad to hear they’re working out for you!!

This is since putting the ZX7s into play:
1689464077342.png

What the 😳😲🤯😏

It is but it was a Par 69, 5800 yard course doesn’t count😜
Still, some real impressive scoring there! What’s been the best part of these for you so far?

Back