Srixon ZX5 and ZX7 Irons Review

I also tested the P770s when I first hit the ZX7/ZX5s and had similar feedback on sound/feel. I really wanted to love the P770s as I really like the concept of the iron as a sort of players-tech iron, and the looks are fantastic IMO, but the feel wasn't able to compete with the Srixon/Mizunos I was also testing. Performance was also better for me on Srixon, which sealed the deal in favor of the ZX combo.

Yep, the feel is better on the ZXs but I was somewhat in between the 2 and figured it would be better to have the forgiveness at this time. I was very close to going against the numbers though :).

Ponder is over and the deed has been done! Combo set ZX5's 4-6 and ZX7's 7-P, Recoil 95 F4. Now the wait/anticipation begins....
The only set I've ever bought new was my first set waaaaaay back in 1980. Since then I've only bought second hand clubs (although near new) so I'm really pumped for these!

Ponder is over and the deed has been done! Combo set ZX5's 4-6 and ZX7's 7-P, Recoil 95 F4. Now the wait/anticipation begins....
The only set I've ever bought new was my first set waaaaaay back in 1980. Since then I've only bought second hand clubs (although near new) so I'm really pumped for these!
Sounds like a great set up!!!

Yep, the feel is better on the ZXs but I was somewhat in between the 2 and figured it would be better to have the forgiveness at this time. I was very close to going against the numbers though :).
You’ll be pleased with your decision.

Oh man, what a new club day you will have! Congrats!

Yes! Good choice.

FedEx was a day late but worth waiting for...

Srixon Combo.jpg

Srixon Combo Set.jpg

Yeeees! Looks great. I need a couple of close ups on that AW please and thank you.

Has anyone here considered getting a ZX Utility (23 deg) as a 4 iron replacement? Was wondering how they would compare to the ZX5 4 iron, both in Recoil 95. I’m someone who typically needs help with some launch and forgiveness in the long irons.

ZX7 AW.jpg

ZX7 AW side.jpg

ZX& AW front.jpg

Photos just don't do it justice...it's gorgeous...still can't understand how they can get a single block of steel to look like this..

Photos just don't do it justice...it's gorgeous...still can't understand how they can get a single block of steel to look like this..

That is sooooo good. Thanks for taking those! Can't wait to hear your thoughts, those are gorgeous.

Great photos @Muzzy...you're seriously making me reconsider my choice to hold off on the AW :ROFLMAO:

We're combo bros.....combros if you will

I'll see myself out now :LOL:

Just got the call that my AW is finally here, and @Muzzy 's looks great, so I'm going to get it NOW.

ZX7 is a fantastic looking iron. The ZX5 looks great too. The feedback on these is intriguing to say the least.

ZX7 is a fantastic looking iron. The ZX5 looks great too. The feedback on these is intriguing to say the least.
You need to hit them, doing yourself an injustice if you don’t.

@Snickerdog I just have to ask, as a recent grandaddy person do your hands burn everytime you touch those Srixons? :) I really thought if anyone that got to the big show strayed into enemy territory you were immediately doused with gas and set afire..I am a club hooooo but if I ever set foot on The Hideaway it would be cally for life.

On a more serious thought, I bet a lot of folks that were looking at these (me included) are now stalling waiting to hit the APEX line. I was pondering the whole line of Srixon's for the summer but now if history holds true I will go back to Cally for the irons and work the bag from there.

Back