Stand Bag Recommendations?

Double Drops

Reaction score
Handicap
I’m in the market for a new stand bag. Which one do you recommend?
Also, does everyone recommend the 14 slot kind or not?

I just bought a Titleist Stadry 2019 version for $149. I am pretty sure you can get a similar deal on Bedgetgolf.com still. I walk and carry nearly every time I play so I maximized for that. This one is light, has plenty of room for everything, and anything that is zipped up is in a waterproof container. It also has the easy phone pocket on the side. I take my rangefinder out and put it in my right pocket and put my phone in that pocket when I walk.

As for the 14 slots those models tend to be heavier and are good if you ride or use a push cart more often IMO. Just depends on what type of golfer you are.

I just bought a Titleist Stadry 2019 version for $149. I am pretty sure you can get a similar deal on Bedgetgolf.com still. I walk and carry nearly every time I play so I maximized for that. This one is light, has plenty of room for everything, and anything that is zipped up is in a waterproof container. It also has the easy phone pocket on the side. I take my rangefinder out and put it in my right pocket and put my phone in that pocket when I walk.

As for the 14 slots those models tend to be heavier and are good if you ride or use a push cart more often IMO. Just depends on what type of golfer you are.

I have the same bag and am a pretty big fan of it.

Because of the people I play with I'm in a cart most of the time, but I love stand bags. So for me the Ogio ALPHA Convoy 514 RTC was the way to go. Although walking with it, use a pushcart... you dont want to carry for 18 lol

I usually ride or use a push cart, but I still prefer a stand bag. My current bag has 7 slots, which I actually like. But I would consider a fairly light 7 or 14 way top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because of the people I play with I'm in a cart most of the time, but I love stand bags. So for me the Ogio ALPHA Convoy 514 RTC was the way to go. Although walking with it, use a pushcart... you dont want to carry for 18 lol

Same here. The bag is great for a cart or push cart but it is not a carry bag.

I also have this bag and it worked fine for the couple of times I've walked a few holes late in the day:

bags-2019-odyssey-hyper-lite-4-stand_1___1.png

It took some getting used to on the 4 way top.

I have the tm flex tech crossover. Has worked out really well for me.

I am quite happy with my Ogio Shadow Fuse. Lightweight, smart design features, looks good and very comfortable to carry. Definitely worth a look.

I bought the Sun Mountain C130S 2020 and absolutely love it! Red/White/Blue with Flag patch sewn on. 14 slot. It is perfect!

GRc5vJ8.png

The Ohio Shadow Fuse is the best stand bag I've owned. Once you get the straps right, it's almost as if the bag was empty as you carry it. The small slot pocket opposite the cooler pouch is nifty.

I will never use a 14 slot again if I carry. I use a Callaway hyperlight 3 now, but my favorites are the SuN Mountain 3.5 series.

I use a Callaway hyperlight 3 now, but my favorites are the SuN Mountain 3.5 series.

Exactly this. I ended up with the Callaway because I found a great deal on one.

Exactly this. I ended up with the Callaway because I found a great deal on one.
Me too. I won a Callaway bag in a raffle which is why I use it. If it was my own money then am 3.5.

Me too. I won a Callaway bag in a raffle which is why I use it. If it was my own money then am 3.5.
Your deal was better than mine; nice win! Kind of wish it were different colours, but I’m still happy with the Callaway bag.

Huge fan of the sun mountain lines. The one I have now has rated much better then the few Callaway/ogio bags I've had some issues with durability wise.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

currently I have 2 bags, both stand. The OGio Alpha Convoy RTC I use most, great storage but I would never carry. Works great on my clicgear.

I also have the Odyssey Swirl bag, comfortable carry and good organization especially considering how light it is.

My favorite stand bag and most versatile is the Fusion14 by Callaway, 14 dividers, awesome organization and a lot of small touches that I would have never thought of but once I got them I wanted them on every other bag. The 18 or later models are great (I tried a 2017 and it had a lot of club tangling).

Some don't like 14 way, but I enjoy it, has kept me from forgetting a club more than once. It is slightly heavier (think it is just under 6 lbs while the swirl bag is about 4 lbs. If I move on from the other bags, I will likely get the fusion14 again.

The thing is there are so many good bags, if you look around, particularly this time of year you can find some deals on previous year models.

I alternate b/t two stand bags, depending on how many clubs I choose to carry.

I play fairly often with just 6-8 clubs. For those rounds, I love the Mizuno BR-D2.

28C3AF94-BFA6-46E7-9577-CBFDFB86CDA9.jpeg

If I’m carrying 9-14. It’s an Ogio Shadow Fuse 304. It’s light. The strap system is the best I’ve found, offering close-to-perfect balance. And I think that the pocket sizes and placement are perfect. Probably my favorite carry bag, ever.
E38F2D7F-9DB5-42DA-AE62-F9CC75051FEC.jpeg

I alternate b/t two stand bags, depending on how many clubs I choose to carry.

I play fairly often with just 6-8 clubs. For those rounds, I love the Mizuno BR-D2.

View attachment 8917949

If I’m carrying 9-14. It’s an Ogio Shadow Fuse 304. It’s light. The strap system is the best I’ve found, offering close-to-perfect balance. And I think that the pocket sizes and placement are perfect. Probably my favorite carry bag, ever.
View attachment 8917950
That Sunday bag is just about perfect for a quick 9 and I just bought the Ogio bag after seeing it a THP event.

I looked intensively at a few bags the past couple months, waiting for the right deal to come along to replace an older Taylormade lightweight stand bag.

I had originally set my sights on the Mizuno BR-D4 (previous year model), but couldn't actually find one in a store. The lightweight BR-D3 gave me hope that the BR-D4 would be a good fit if buying blind.

The OGIO Shadow Fuse was another option that looked great with cool features, but once I actually held it in hand it just felt cheap and low-end compared to the OGIO Grom standing beside it. I looked at the Grom and others like it (Alpha Convoy, Fusion14, C-130S, etc), but decided that a heavyweight stand bag (cart bag with legs) wasn't what I was looking for - I already have an OGIO Gotham 15way cart bag and a couple Staff bags.

I thought the Taylormade Flextech family had some solid options, although I didn't look too much at OEM-branded bags.

The Sun Mountain 3.5LS was a finalist, with good features like a dedicated quick-access rangefinder pocket. However, the now-outdated pedal stand system (also used by others on my list) felt flimsy and overall the 3.5LS did not feel as sturdy as the 4.5LS.

I ended up with the Subtle Patriot Covert in black after a surprise price drop. Sturdy midweight, self-balancing straps, flex base instead of a pedal, hidden pocket behind the back/hip pad, self-closing quick-access rangefinder pocket (no other bag has that).

1575730142107.jpeg
Love my Ping 5 way top. great design in so many subtle ways. The pass through for a golf cart strap is so handy.

My go to on every stand bag thread is Sun Mountain Three5. Does just about everything I want/need in a bag.

I’m always seduced by Ping Hoofer because I really like that design. It’s probably why I enjoyed the heck out of the TaylorMade Flextech stand bag this past year. That one is so easy to recommend.

I don't have a recommendation for a bag, but, if you are going to walk and carry, 14 divider bags a bit more difficult to deal with. I have one, and, carried it for 9 holes, (with a non-14 divider bag, I can put a club back into the bag, while carrying it), it is harder to find the empty slot with the bag on your back.

I’m in the market for a new stand bag. Which one do you recommend?
Also, does everyone recommend the 14 slot kind or not?
After looking at a lot of liteweight bags, for carry and versatility, I like the 2019 Sun Mountain 3.5. Very pleased with it.

Back